October 20, 2014 | 1902 users online

Mascara - Bourjois - Yes to Volume No to Clumps

rated 1 of 5 on 8/25/2011 2:07:00 AM More reviews by misseevie

This is without a doubt the worst mascara I have ever bought. The gaps between the teeth in the applicator comb are so small that my eyelashes would not even fit in - the result being I could not apply it no matter how many times I tried to comb it over. The mascara filled up the minescule gaps making it like a solid little stick. I ended up using the product inside with a different mascara wand. I would strongly recommend avoiding this product if you have even slightly thick eyelashes.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/22/2011 7:55:00 PM More reviews by yimz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Ahh I loved this product when I bought it! I wish I could go back and buy it again as they stopped selling it a couple of years go. I went back between this and another Bourjois at the time and this was much better for what I wanted. I would recommend this mascara for anyone who wanted to have their lashes appear naturally long and defined. It's comb allows it to sift through lashes individually, for a quite sculpted affect. I particularly liked this because I'm chinese with short eyelashes and some mascaras just tend to clump them altogether, they didn't wilt at the end of the day either. The comb is great for lengthening, you could probably do a lot of strokes without clumping as it gets rid of excess gloop well.

For a low-mid end brand it's quite worth it and I would buy again for a day time mascara.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/12/2010 3:37:00 PM More reviews by meri86

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I've got the brown color and I like it very, very much. This mascara leaves lashes curled , with the right volume and my lashed are not stiff or solid like with other mascaras. I use it as a natural look mascara. If that's what you're looking for, this is your mascara, but if you are looking for a bold, night out lashes, this is not for you.
Worth trying for a natural look and will buy again.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/8/2010 12:46:00 AM More reviews by SweetDreamsThrice

My mom bought this a few years ago when she was at Ulta. She used it a few times, didn't like it, and put it with some of her makeup. She said I could have it, so I tried it out. I love the comb! Even though it's probably 1 or 2 years old, it still works well. I'm guessing it's more dried out then it should be...but oh well. I love how it gives me a natural look, manages to curl without using a curler (if I do it right), and is amazingness. It also rarely clumps, and sometimes it does flake....which the flaking part is the only con I think. I'm looking forward to purchasing another Bourjois mascara.
I recommend this to anyone who wants a natural look, and has semi-long lashes. I'm actually not sure if it's still around...

rated 2 of 5 on 7/24/2010 3:13:00 AM More reviews by Belle84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

This was a weird mascara for me. When I first applied it, it looked great, but as the day wore on my beautiful curled lashes started to fall and by the end of the day it looked as I wasn't wearing any mascara at all.

I love the comb (which is the reason I bought it in the first place). It's easy to apply withouth spillage and it's almost impossible to get spider lashes. But I suspect it's the formula of the product itself that didn't work on my ''have-to-keep-them-lifted-lashes'', because it isn't hard as other mascaras. The lashes felt soft with the mascara on them (just as if I wasn't wearing any) and I think that's the reason why it didn't manage to keep the curl.

So, +2 for the comb and the cuteness.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/19/2010 4:34:00 AM More reviews by Aniger86

I got this mascara as I wanted to try the comb applicator as I have yet to try it, and also as it was on close to 30% off on a special promotion I saw in the departmental store. I am glad I got it. A couple of things on it, it does hold a curl, which is very important for me, and its hard to find a mascara that actually does hold a curl. The formula is quite dry as opposed to wet as well, which I like as wetter formulas have trouble holding a curl well. The mascara doesn't clump which is good, and it lengthens lashes as well. However, it does NOT provide any volume at all, which is fine for me, but ladies looking for volume would definitely be disappointed. All in all, I did like the mascara and would re-purchase again, but I believe they have been pulled off the shelves, maybe discontinued or something. The one I currently have is finished and I thought of getting a new one, but couldn't seem to locate it in shops anymore. In the end, I got another mascara under the SANA brand, which I have already reviewed and love as well!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/10/2010 12:03:00 AM More reviews by yellowcard101

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

i love this... i got it at ulta for 2.99$. don't know why bourjois is not doing well there.... so i got this mascara today... and it is awesome!!!!

rated 2 of 5 on 2/20/2010 2:53:00 AM More reviews by Centro

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Once again, I was fooled by cute packaging. I mainly got this mascara for volume, of course, but I also wanted to try the comb applicator. The name just made it seem so promising and for the price I thought high-end mascaras would be better. Clearly I was wrong. It didn't hold curl or gave me even the tiniest bit of volume. I couldn't say it did nothing for me.. I mean it smudged under my eyes within 10 MINUTES, now that's something I've never experienced before. I could put Vaseline on my lashes and would still be able to pull off a better look than with this horrible mascara.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/24/2009 12:52:00 PM More reviews by renkea

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

No clumps, that's for sure. Different, nice, cute. But it doesn't give any volume/lenght at all: it just define the eyelashes. I was definitely looking for something more... ambitious.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/9/2009 2:24:00 PM More reviews by lazergirlxbob

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

There's a makeup shop not far from my town, and it sells products like Bourjois and Max Factor at discount prices. I'm glad that I only paid 5 for it. It's nothing special. I love Bourjois shadows, and their powder highlighter, so I guess I just got my hopes up. It's true to its name when it says No to Clumps - clump free, which was great. Downside? Not much volume; or length. I want OOMPH with my eyelashes, because I can't wear eyeshadow to school. Yes to Volume? Not really. No to Clumps? Indeed. It gave me feathered, separated lashes. That was it. I wouldn't get this again, and if I bought it for someone else, I still wouldn't pay full price. Certainly a let down on Bourjois' part!