April 17, 2014 | 1914 users online

Treatments - Chanel - Purete Ideale Serum Intense Refining Skin Complex

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2013 8:46:00 AM More reviews by Constantine22

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

One Of The Best products that i ever used!!!
Totally in love with the Chanel's Purete Line!!!
I used the cleanser but now i use La Prairie's Mousse Cleanser...with Marine Biology Tonic and Chanel Purete Serum as I have very oily and sensitive skin!!!
It has long lasting matte finish and a beautifully creamy absorbing texture!!!
Use it with Chanel's UV Essentiel 50+....

Highly Recommended for oily/acne prone skin!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/15/2012 7:39:00 PM More reviews by pgherin

Let me start by saying that I am oily and a moisturizer is not something I use or want to use daily. I use the Ideale serum in place of moisturizer and mainly for the mattifying factor. I use two pumps in the AM for the whole face and one pump in the PM on my tzone and forehead. This product helps to slow oil production on the face and is not greasy. The serum helps to leave the face smooth and does not dry me out. It is on the expensive side but I will happily buy it again because it does a great job on leaving my face smooth with a matted look.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2012 10:40:00 AM More reviews by sirenswin

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

First I must say my skin is combination (oily enlarged pores on T-zone and normal to dry on the rest) and I am not acne prone or allergic to perfume (many complain about this when reviewing this product). I bought this because I was looking for a serum that would reduce pores and refine texture (my main concern). Before this I used Estee Lauder Idealist and it worked great but sometimes it would ball up on my skin for no particular reason just before foundation after moisturizer. This product is a little cheaper than EL and I have to say it's much better for 2 reasons:
- it controls oil much better
- sinks in faster and leaves no residue whatsoever
- it diminishes pores for real and not just optical illusion (like Idealist which does work but after a longer period of time in the beginning it fills in pores with silicone and that's about it)
- it calms the skin down - absolutely no redness
- does not dry the skin - the EL sometimes dries my dry areas
- it refines skin texture for real (unlike Idealist that only fixes texture visually, for makeup, not really)
It's a great product and I am happy I chose this over re-buying EL Idealist because for me it's much better and also slightly cheaper. I love the smell and the packaging and I graded it 3 for price because the other HE serums that also target minimizing pores are more expensive.
The Chanel SA said this is a serum for pores and texture for all skin types, and I believe this to be real probably this is why it has no effect on drying out existing pimples (which is not a direct promise from the product anyway).

rated 2 of 5 on 8/3/2011 7:03:00 AM More reviews by smdaigle

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

In spite of all the bad reviews I bought this product after using a sample that lasted about a week. With the sample it seemed like it was starting to provide some benefits but I didn't have enough in the sample to use it at night and before I applied makeup so I was only using it before makeup. In a weak moment, I went ahead and purchased it. I'm down to the end of the bottle and it's very so-so. I don't think it's provided much oil control. Granted, it's been very hot this summer and that brings on the oil but I can't imagine that I'd get any oilier without using this!

Unlike some of the others I've had no outbreaks or skin disasters from it. My skin is not very sensitive and while I still get the occasional blemish or two I'm past the age where I really break out so I wouldn't expect to have a big out break (and was glad that I did not).

As you would expect from Chanel the packaging is nice . This bottle has the vacuum style pump where the floor of the bottle liner pulls up as product is depleted. I've seen this on other non-Chanel products and it's really very nice since it ensures you get almost every drop out via the pump. I scrape the side of most cosmetic bottles and probably won't need to with this one. That's a plus, too bad the product inside isn't better!

This product like other Chanel products, is expensive! Since it didn't really seem to do much for me I plan to finish the rest of this bottle and then look for some other way to spend my skin care dollars. More Clean & Clear blot papers? I can buy a whole bunch of them for the money I'll be saving!!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/11/2011 11:57:00 PM More reviews by rpgoodwin

This is a good mattifying serum - it left my skin smooth and matte and had a wonderful silky feel. It did have good oil control properties without being overdrying. So why the bad rating?? Maybe you should ask all the blackheads on my face, dotted generously between the throbbing angry red pimples. I don't know what ingredient it was, but this stuff messed up my skin really badly. And the price is just outrageous - the Chanel SA pushed this product strongly while failing to mention it was SEVENTY-FIVE DOLLARS. I'm really glad I got it at Nordstrom and can take it back.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/8/2010 3:44:00 AM More reviews by buddy655

Nothing intense about this. Well maybe the fact that it gave me cystic acne. That's about it. Leaves your face drab and matte for about 30 minutes, then the oil comes rushing through. Nothing oil controlling about it. This product is a joke. I found it fascinating to have a serum for oily skin, but this doesn't do anything it says. Don't waste your money on this perfumed serum.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/12/2010 11:21:00 PM More reviews by abfabjack

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

The WORST thing I ever did to my face. And thank god I only used it once. This serum is the WORST serum I have ever tried. I broke out right away in little red dots and my face was super dry and RED. I'm still recovering. At 75$ it's way over priced and only so because it's CHANEL. I Love CHANEL makeup but HATE the skincare products. Lancome works much better and is much cheaper.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/30/2009 8:38:00 AM More reviews by Meglet

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Man, normally I adore Chanel but this one really disappointed me. Though it does have a nice fresh scent, I am not using it to fragrance my face. I am using it to see results: pores looking smaller, oil control, and clean texture. I have noticed nothing. There's nothing intense about this serum. I have given up and then given it "one more try" so many times because I really wanted it to work. But no way will I be buying this again.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/22/2009 2:44:00 PM More reviews by SuzanneDee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Made me break out in little zits! Gave me blackheads! Sob!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/5/2009 9:57:00 AM More reviews by CocoMinx

I can't believe i spent so much money on this product and didn't recieve any results. I am absolutely gutted.
I did enjoy the light, quickly absorbed texture and the way it kept my skin fresh for the best part of the morning, but after using this product for about two to three months, i would have liked a little less sebum accumilating around my nose and chin.

Oh well, i hope it brings someone else satisfaction.