Matrix Biolage Colorcaretherapie Color Care Shampoo

3.9

Water, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Cocamide MEA, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Octylmethoxycinnamate, Bitter Almond Extract (Prunus Amygoalus Amara), Ginseng Extract (Panax Ginseng), Sage Extract (Salvia Officinalis), Kelp Extract (Macrocystis Pyrifera), Lemongrass Extract/Cymbopogon Schoenanthus, Wheat Germ Oil (Triticum Vulgare), Ginkgo Biloba Extract, Pollen Extract, Citric Acid, Propylene Glycol, Polysorbate 20, Fragrance, Sodium Chloride, Tetrasodium EDTA, DMDM Hydantoin, Methylparaben, Yellow 5, Red 4

Although this shampoo gives me similar results to the Volumatherapie (old formula) except for the extra volume, I was unhappy to see the new formula contains SLS. This is probably why some users have noticed their dye fades just as fast as with a cheaper shampoo. I can't compare it to the old formula as I don't know the ingredients list and I never tried it. For the SLS factor alone I won't repurchase.

on 12/18/2014 10:27:00 AM

I bought this a while back when I had lowlights. I don't know whether it did anything to preserve them, but I have fine hair and a lot of it, and I find that using this shampoo makes my hair really flyaway and out of control. Even using a polishing cream and hairspray doesn't combat it--my hair just winds up all over the place. The shampoo smells great (peachy, or some other fruit) so I was forcing myself to use it, but I really can't stand what it does to my hair.

on 10/22/2014 3:07:00 AM

Can't say much about the shampoo. I find it quite average. I seemed to be ok for my very fine straight hair. Have not noticed any special effect for making my hair color last.

on 10/1/2014 10:19:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I've used this shampoo for probably 10 years on my red colored treated hair. However the last year, I think they've changed the formula. After buying a new bottle from Ulta, and after the first use, it caused itchiness on my scalp, and red bumps! My hair started to fall out more too, and I noticed my color was fading a lot faster than it used to. I went back to my old bottle (had some left), and the issue went away. Tried the new bottle again, problem came back. Figuring that perhaps I bought a bad bottle, I bought another bottle somewhere else. Same issue. So they've changed something in their formula that is causing me to break out in rashes and thin out my hair :( On the search for my new fav color shampoo. Not sure what the ingredient is that is the problem, I've read that ammonium lauryl sulfate can cause irritation.

on 7/16/2014 9:45:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

Overpriced for the results. Did not significantly extend the lifespan of my copper red hair color (on a twice/week washing-conditioning schedule).
Leaves hair shiny and smooth! Wonderful for curly hair. But my issue is that I bought it for color care and for this it fails to deliver re:price point.

on 6/2/2014 12:16:00 AM

I've re-bought this & the matching conditioner a few times now. I buy them both in a set for just over $40 (the big bottles) at the whatever mall salon, great deal!

The smell is lovely, of course, and it really revives and moisturizes my dry, fine, wavy, colored & highlighted hair. It works very well as a system, cleans well, not too harsh and lather feels good.

Just a tiny complaint that my cap joint snapped off the 1st time I opened it, annoying.

on 5/15/2014 9:08:00 AM

This is an average shampoo that cleanses well but does not dry out my hair. Has a pleasant scent that does not linger. Not much different than any drugstore shampoo.

on 4/8/2014 11:38:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

A good general usage shampoo for color treated hair. Does not strip color and smells OK. I use this every few days and alternate with Kerastase and Phyto products.

Biolage is a good value for the price.
I got a big bottle for $8 on sale at a local salon.

on 3/2/2014 6:30:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

This is absolutely bar none the best shampoo for colored hair I have ever used. The initial cost of the bottle may seem a bit high--but considering a small bottle lasts me over 6 months and I have long, thick, layered hair---the cost is only about $3.00 a month!! I strongly believe a high end shampoo is a great investment to keep your color true and shiny. Not only does this shampoo make my hair soft and manageable, but the smell is OMG heavenly. This is my HG of shampoos. And while I am on the Matrix subject, their smoothing serum is top-notch!! Beats Biosilk hands down, bar none.

on 12/29/2013 10:45:00 PM

I was a Pantene girl until about a year ago when I started coloring my hair. At the time, I thought that twenty something odd dollars for a bottle of shampoo was just ridiculous but I really wanted to preserve the color I was shelling out for and I'd been told over and over by my hair stylist that the parabens in Pantene will eventually ruin my hair. But now I'll never go back. This shampoo not only preserved my color, but kept my hair much healthier. I'm Asian and have a black to light brown ombré situation going on currently. With this shampoo, my hair has not gone brassy at all and it was about four months from my last visit to my colorist that I noticed that my color had faded a bit. And when I finally went to go get my hair cut (after not getting my hair cut for almost a year, yikes), about eight months into using this shampoo, my hairdresser, without prompting, told me that I must've been taking good care of it because it looked much healthier than it did before. Honestly, I have done absolutely zero besides using this shampoo and conditioner. The fact that my hair was healthier, even with all the coloring and the extra heat styling I've been doing this year is a testament that the big bucks are worth it for this shampoo. It also has a great scent and leaves my hair feeling very clean.

I get the salon size and each bottle has lasted me about six months of every other day washing of my now nearly elbow length hair.

Top Rated Matrix Products