July 31, 2014 | 2036 users online

Shampoo - Matrix - Biolage Colorcaretherapie Color Care Shampoo

rated 3 of 5 on 7/16/2014 9:45:00 PM More reviews by troglodyte

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Overpriced for the results. Did not significantly extend the lifespan of my copper red hair color (on a twice/week washing-conditioning schedule).
Leaves hair very shiny and smooth! Wonderful for curly hair. But my issue is that I bought it for color care and for this it fails to deliver re:price point.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/2/2014 12:16:00 AM More reviews by MyBeehive

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've re-bought this & the matching conditioner a few times now. I buy them both in a set for just over $40 (the big bottles) at the whatever mall salon, great deal!

The smell is lovely, of course, and it really revives and moisturizes my dry, fine, wavy, colored & highlighted hair. It works very well as a system, cleans well, not too harsh and lather feels good.

Just a tiny complaint that my cap joint snapped off the 1st time I opened it, annoying.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/15/2014 9:08:00 AM More reviews by flairgirl8

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is an average shampoo that cleanses well but does not dry out my hair. Has a pleasant scent that does not linger. Not much different than any drugstore shampoo.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/8/2014 11:38:00 AM More reviews by spaflam

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

A good general usage shampoo for color treated hair. Does not strip color and smells OK. I use this every few days and alternate with Kerastase and Phyto products.

Biolage is a good value for the price.
I got a big bottle for $8 on sale at a local salon.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2014 6:30:00 PM More reviews by outtasteam2

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is absolutely bar none the best shampoo for colored hair I have ever used. The initial cost of the bottle may seem a bit high--but considering a small bottle lasts me over 6 months and I have long, thick, layered hair---the cost is only about $3.00 a month!! I strongly believe a high end shampoo is a great investment to keep your color true and shiny. Not only does this shampoo make my hair soft and manageable, but the smell is OMG heavenly. This is my HG of shampoos. And while I am on the Matrix subject, their smoothing serum is top-notch!! Beats Biosilk hands down, bar none.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2013 10:45:00 PM More reviews by Jhe9488

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was a Pantene girl until about a year ago when I started coloring my hair. At the time, I thought that twenty something odd dollars for a bottle of shampoo was just ridiculous but I really wanted to preserve the color I was shelling out for and I'd been told over and over by my hair stylist that the parabens in Pantene will eventually ruin my hair. But now I'll never go back. This shampoo not only preserved my color, but kept my hair much healthier. I'm Asian and have a black to light brown ombré situation going on currently. With this shampoo, my hair has not gone brassy at all and it was about four months from my last visit to my colorist that I noticed that my color had faded a bit. And when I finally went to go get my hair cut (after not getting my hair cut for almost a year, yikes), about eight months into using this shampoo, my hairdresser, without prompting, told me that I must've been taking good care of it because it looked much healthier than it did before. Honestly, I have done absolutely zero besides using this shampoo and conditioner. The fact that my hair was healthier, even with all the coloring and the extra heat styling I've been doing this year is a testament that the big bucks are worth it for this shampoo. It also has a great scent and leaves my hair feeling very clean.

I get the salon size and each bottle has lasted me about six months of every other day washing of my now nearly elbow length hair.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/20/2013 9:48:00 AM More reviews by Chikitapchocha

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

The smell of this shampoo is great! & It leaves my hair incredibly clean!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/10/2013 7:44:00 PM More reviews by Disintigratedwoman

I recently bough this at Trade Secrets because there was a pretty good deal for the shampoo and conditioner. I have used these products before. The shampoo smells so fresh and cleans so well - my hair actually feels so clean afterwards. The conditioner smells similar to the shampoo but slightly less strong, and it leaves my hair extremely soft after rinsing it out. I get the impression that this shampoo doesn't leave residue on my hair, which I love. The result is clean-feeling hair that is soft and pretty shiny. If you are looking for a shampoo and conditioner on the same level of moisturization as Morrocanoil though, this is not it. I have lightly highlighted hair so it's difficult to test if this shampoo actually maintains that colour but I will continue using this simply to keep my hair healthy and because you can find it for a good deal sometimes.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/22/2013 12:31:00 AM More reviews by Kbreland

I've tried them all and always come back to this one. It really does help color stay longer (even red) and does not bother my sensitive scalp. It does not dry out my hair. That being said, I do have an oily scalp, so I'm not sure how it would work for people who are already dry. I like the matching conditioner, too.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/19/2013 11:51:00 PM More reviews by gypsyqueen1988

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought the Biolage ColorCareTherapie Shampoo & Conditioner 1 liter bottles from Walmart for 32$ together. Great Value, both bottles aren't even close to being empty and I bought them back in April. I have long, dark brown color treated hair with damaged ends and it does a great job making the color last, keeps my hair shiny. The only problem I have is that is does dry out my hair a bit so I deep condition once a week to keep my hair from drying out. I will continue to buy both of these together because they do such a great job and save me lots of money.