MAC Foundation Pump

4.2

on 5/21/2015 1:16:00 PM

I read the reviews on this product and for what it's worth Studio Fix Fluid is the ONLY MAC foundation that comes without a pump, not in a tube you can squeeze, or isn't a compact. People saying it's a sneaky ploy by MAC to make more money . . . really? It's one of what, 14 or 15, different foundations MAC offers? If you bought the Mineralize Loose Foundation you have to have a brush/sponge/applicator of some type to use that . . . are you going to say they should give you a brush with it?

I know plenty of women who have managed just fine to use this foundation without a pump. The pump adds convenience and I like it. And for those saying drug store brands offer a pump . . . fantastic! Maybe they do, and if that's a key selling feature for you then you know where to go. However, MAC has designed it this way and they have other options for foundation. If you like the coverage SFF gives you, purchase Studio Sculpt perhaps. There are similar options out there that don't require a pump. Overall, it may be a bit overpriced for a pump but part of purchasing MAC is that it is a higher end product and you won't find it in drugstores. There's so many options out there that I believe you should find what you like and use that. Studio Fix Fluid works wonders for me and I love it so I use the product with a pump. If I found something else that worked better, I would switch. The point is that this is part of using MAC's product. It may not be a great part, but it is a part and I don't think that comparing it to what drug store brands offer is fair because it's apples and oranges. I'm not saying that MAC is the best, but they're pretty darn good and pretty well known for their products. The price is high because they're on the higher end of the market.

Overall, I love this pump! I love that it has a cover/cap for the pump so when I'm travelling or it's in my make up bag it's not going to get all over. The pump has a lock. And they last forever! I started using SFF in 2009 maybe . . . or 2010 . . . anyways, it's been a while, and I've only ever purchased one pump/shade of foundation (I am somewhere between NW15 and NW20 so I have two foundations I mix) and they aren't cracked or anything. They're pretty sturdy. If one broke I would buy again because I love using SFF and this makes it so much easier to get the right amount of product without too much going to waste.

on 2/16/2015 7:12:00 AM

Ok, the pump is horrendously overpriced, (the equivalent to 13 USD in my country), but you only need to buy it once. Mine proved to be sturdy and it can be thoroughly cleaned with soap and alcohol as well. MAC should actually substitute the original SFF cap for some kind of much smaller seal. That would make the whole thing actually less wasteful by creating a smaller volume of plastic trash IMHO. And all the other brands should start doing the same. It's about time.

So I went over to Mac to try the Studio Fix Fluid for the first time, as I headed over to the counter the nice lady asked me if I wanted a pump to go with it. I said sure! Why not? The darn thing was $10! She convinced me to buy it since it's supposed to help not waste your already expensive foundation. I really wish the stupid thing would've come with a cap, I mean come on Mac! My L'oreal foundation comes with a pump and a cap for $12. So far it's doing the job but I'm disappointed that I had to spend $37 for a $27 foundation.

on 11/12/2013 8:18:00 PM

SHOULD be included. Besides the prices, this is another reason I really don't need or want MAC products. But hey, it's 11/12/13 today! Pretty cool eh? :-P

on 11/12/2013 6:53:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

Such an unnecessary purchase but am I happy that I have it to use for my Studio Fix Fluid? Yes. I much prefer foundations with pumps for hygiene and that it's less messy. I like how this has a locking mechanism and also a lid which is great for travel and not letting air get inside. I would recommend this even though it really is something we shouldn't have to buy with just one of MAC's foundations.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

The pump works well but why do you need a pump? The pump should be included. I pucheased Studio Fix Fluid a while back and I bought this overpriced piece of junk so that I could not dump foundation everywhere. And it doesn't come with a lid. What's up with that?

on 8/2/2013 5:02:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Absolutely unnecessary product. Like other reviewers said, cheaper foundations come with pumps. 8$ for about 30 cents of plastic? Mine broke after 3 uses. What a waste.

on 7/9/2013 5:30:00 PM

What i liked:
Very handy
right amount of foundation for my face and neck
what i disliked:
Cheap foundations (drugstore) come with a pump so why did this foundation not?
The pump broke after a month
The tip at the end of the pump builds up with loads of foundation
For what it is, it is way overpriced

on 2/28/2013 8:30:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine

This is a very handy product with a nice design (for a foundation pump!) but the reason why I give it 4 lippies not 5 is the fact that it does not fit my Revlon Colorstay foundation bottle (I have another foundation without a pump lying around somewhere, I'll update if I manage to find it and try the MAC pump on it.)
Yes, I know that obviously the MAC pump is not made for the Revlon bottle, but I still can't help but wish that it would fit it because that was my main reason for purchasing. Otherwise I could've just put my Colorstay in any old empty foundation bottle, and not necessarily like the reviewer below says, buy the pump for a MAC foundation and then when that one finishes, transfer the Revlon into it...

I bought this because I use Covergirl Clean Foundation as well as NYC Smooth skin foundation and both are so thick i can't get them out of the bottle, but this product works just like it was made for those bottles. I think the price could be lower (it cost more than my foundation) but at least it works.

Popular Misc Beauty Tools