July 28, 2014 | 1016 users online

Masks - Miracle Whip Mask

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2013 1:22:00 PM More reviews by PhyllisB216

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

sooo .. i just finished trying out this treatment and i must say it works GREAT ! unlike some of the other reviews, i let the mask stay on for 20 mins. after i rubbed of the dead skin i rinsed my face with water.. and BAMM ! my face now feels likes the bottom of a babys feet : ) i love this ! im gonna start doing this atleast 4-5 times a week , i recommend you guys to do it too !

rated 3 of 5 on 9/13/2009 10:19:00 AM More reviews by valerian

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I read excitedly the reviews but being from the UK, haven't found a supplier yet.So decided to give it a go with Hellmens Mayonnaise the bestselling brand in the UK.
The only difference in ingredients is that MW uses soya oil and Hellmens is vegetable oil, so fugured it would do the same job.
Applied on clean skin thinly and left it to work for 15 mins and stated to massage it in.Massaged, massaged and massaged some more but was dissappointed to have no balls of dead skin coming off at all.
In fact,nothing really happened at all other than the oily stuff just sat there and that was it :(
I rinsed and used a gentle cleanser, patted dry and moisturised but TBH noticed no difference really at all.
Did this for 3 days on the run to give it a fair trial but not really any difference seen or felt.
The only difference was the soya oil but I cant see that affecting the dead skin sloughing off.
Maybe, Im doing something wrong with it so please pm me if you can help :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/22/2008 10:48:00 PM More reviews by rossjen

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

"Wow!" was my reaction when I saw the heading for this. I instantly flashed back to about 5 (or more) years ago, when this mask was all the rage on another beauty board (which is how I tried it). At the time, my skin was acne prone and quite a bit oilier than it is now. Being a poor student, I decided I had nothing to lose and gave this a try. I think all in all, I faithfully applied the mask each evening for three months. I admit, it was cool to use, even if the vinegar fumes were less than pleasant. I didn't think it was doing anything until my best friend's mother made a comment one day that my skin was looking great. So this did work very well in decreasing my acne at the time, and boy did this make my skin soft. I think I stopped it because the novelty of it wore off over time, and I got interested in other things. I think I might even try it again just to see if I get similar results. It won't be a big loss money-wise if it doesn't work again.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/16/2008 6:49:00 PM More reviews by ratgirldjh

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

ok - i usually only use 'natural' or home-made products on my face and my skin is very picky. i tried this on a whim because we had MW in our fridge and i read about it and just wanted to try it. i was amazed. if you have aging skin like mine that is just starting to get dull and seems like you always need to moisturize; this will amaze you too!
what i do: i put about a tablespoon of MW in my hand and just spread it all over my face including my eye lids, under my eyes and my neck. i have never had any problem with it burning my eyes, but i supposed it could. then i leave it on for 10 minutes. after this i stand before the mirror and rub with my fingertips until all of the shiny layer is rubbed off. little balls of dead skin/MW will come off. i keep wiping my hands and rubbing until i get all of the shiny part off. then i rinse with water.
that is it!!! since i have been doing this a couple of times a week my fine lines have diminished and so has my need for moisturizer (VCO). it makes my skin look much brighter and younger and my face feels so smooth. i was really in awe of how much dead skin comes off from right behind my ears and under my chin....
try it - what do you have to loose?
UPDATE: i still love this!!! amazing - as i am not one to really like anything for long. if i use this several times a week my skin starts looking closer to the way it did when i was in my 20's... YAY!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/12/2008 12:43:00 PM More reviews by twinmommy36

I guess this homemade mask idea has been around for four or five years, but I just heard about it two weeks ago. For reference I am 44, and have no skin problems, and very few fine lines due to avoiding the sun and good genes.
I apply the Miracle Whip and then pat on baking soda. The vinegar and the baking soda react and phizz a bit. I leave it on 20 minutes and wipe off with a warm wet wash cloth. I face feels like butta and I truly believe that it acts as a mild peel. I will continue to do this once or twice a week.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2008 5:40:00 AM More reviews by GtownMermaid

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Being the beauty junky that I am, I'm always looking for effective skincare at the best price. After reading of the Miracle Whip mask in a beauty blog, I was intrigued enough to just "go for it".

I use about 1/2 teaspoon, applying it in small amounts allowing it to soak in. After leaving on for 20 minutes, I use a dry cloth to gently remove it. Then, I follow-up with a tepid water rinse.

I've used this once a week for the past 3 weeks, and I have been very pleased with the results. My skin is soft and smooth, and I no longer use other "manual" exfoliation products.

Other notes:
* The first time I used it, I did experience a slight burn, but I'd also done a facial scrub that morning. If I'd realize I might get a little burn, I'd have tried applying a little baking soda "mask" first. However, since I stopped the scrubs, I no longer get the "burn".
* Since it *is* Miracle Whip, the vinegar smell is somewhat strong. I only do this facial when I know my DBF will be occupied by a ballgame or is out running errands. :)

Below are the ingredients from kraftfoods.com:
WATER, SOYBEAN OIL, VINEGAR, HIGH FRUCTOSE CORN SYRUP, MODIFIED FOOD STARCH, SUGAR, SALT, EGGS, EGG YOLKS, MUSTARD FLOUR, ARTIFICIAL COLOR, POTASSIUM SORBATE AS A PRESERVATIVE, PAPRIKA, SPICE, NATURAL FLAVOR, DRIED GARLIC

It may not be very glamorous, but it does the job, and the cost is negligible.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/14/2007 8:29:00 PM More reviews by cmars29

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Ok - mayo on your face?? What's the deal?? Well, let me tell you this stuff is awesome. I tried aloettes enzyme and it gets similar results as miracle whip. Only MW is a fraction of the cost!! I have been using this as an exfoliator and it works great! I wasn't really exfoliating since I don't want to use harsh scrubs and abbrasive things on my face. Using this my face feels as soft as a baby's bottom, my blackheads are clearing and my current break outs are healing a bit faster. Like the previous reveiwer said you don't need much, just a thin layer. Let it dry for about 10-20 minutes then over the sink massage your face. Little balls of something will begin to fall off...here's the debate: is it dead skin or product?? Don't know, don't care...my face feels incredible! Anyay, after massaging wash as normal. I have googled "miracle whip facials" and a LOT of people do this! There is a purging/adjustment period and some complained about little red bumps but stuck to it. From what I read on other sites it takes about 6-8 wks to notice the overall effects if done daily. Cheap and effective...It's a keeper!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2006 10:21:00 PM More reviews by Rockette13

Ingredients: Ummm...Miracle Whip.

Directions: Get a spoon a scoop up a little bit of Miracle Whip (trust me, you need a lot less than you think you do.). Now, spread the Miracle Whip over your face with your fingers. You only need a thin layer...the goal is to have it dry completely and take the flakies with it, not glob as much on as possible. Let the Miracle Whip sit on your face for ten minutes. After the time is up, lean over a sink (IMPORTANT!) and gently rub your skin. The little rubbery balls that come off are dead skin (ew). Keep rubbing until no more rubberiness comes off. Wash your face with water and...TADA! Pretty.

Reccomended Skin Type: This mask is best for ALL SKIN TYPES!!! Woo-hoo! It is perfect for my combination skin: it gets rid of flakiness but doesn't make the oily parts oiler. Plus, it doesn't break me out!!!

Frequency Of Use: I use this mask every day. I use it right after I use the Aspirin Mask. My review for that mask is on this site.

Effectiveness: I find this mask very effective. It has got rid of all of my flakies, leaving my skin soft and smooth. It is incredible. I have noticed that my skin looks a lot brighter and healthier after using this mask.

Warnings: Don't get this in your eyes. And, if you're like my and HATE the taste of Miracle Whip, don't get it in your mouth either. ;-)

Price: However much Miracle Whip costs. Lol. About $4.00?

*Sorry for another gigantic review. Lol. I love this mask too.*

Pros: Cheap, easy to use, quick, effective.

Cons: Nada. :-)

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No