November 28, 2014 | 1910 users online

Cleansers - Living Nature - Purifying cleanser

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2014 8:38:00 PM More reviews by Ellaryn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Cleanser for Combo,oily,blemish-prone skin

This was the first cleanser that truly didn't aggravate my sensitive, acne-prone skin. The redness present on my face calmed down a lot after I started using this cleanser, and it has been about 3 years or more that this has been apart of my routine.

Needless to say, I love this cleanser - it's gentle and doesn't strip your skin like other cleansers for oily-combo/blemish prone skin. It lathers nicely and removes mineral makeup and foundation. I do find I will do a double cleanse if I am wearing heavy makeup. Leaves your face clean (no residue left behind) but not dry.

The product is a gel formula, and the scent might bother some, but I actually like how it smells like plants and herbs. It doesn't require a lot of product as it lathers well, so a little goes a long way (which is nice for a product at this price point). I do find it expensive, but it is worth it; to have my blemish-prone, sensitive skin finally be calm and with less blemishes is amazing.

It is my HG cleanser, and I spent a lot of time (years) and money experimenting with skincare products that would suit my skin type. Pretty pleased I found it in this!

INGREDIENTS: Aqua (water), Decyl glucoside, Sodium lauroyl glutamate, Glycerin (vegetable glycerin), Sclerotium gum, Galactoarabinan (larch tree gum), Glucose, Mel (manuka honey), Pomaderris kumerahou flower/leaf extract, Parfum (fragrance)*, Glucose oxidase, Lactoperoxidase, Leptospermum scoparium (manuka) oil. *From natural essential oils: Citronellol, Limonene, Linalool.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2012 8:07:00 AM More reviews by cherryme

I can't believe I didn't review this product yet!! It came in a trial kit together with the toner, balancing day lotion, flax serum and overnight gel for oily skin.
It comes in the usual Living Nature plastic tube with the black Manuka flower on it.
It is a clear gel with a very strong plants smell (if you have a sensitive nose then you want to pass this one ) BUT it is a very good cleanser. It lathers a bit, it cleans my skin without drying it (it leaves it a bit tight but it is ok, nothing major) and it calms my skin when I have red skin. If I have a pimple, it helps keeping at bay or drying it. My skin looks much better and together with the Oatmeal mask or Oatmeal scrub, I think I found my new routine!
I only had the trial kit so the price was OK so I will buy the trial kit again as the full size is really expensive.
Very good product and I recommend it!
The opening cap is bit annoying but now I learned how much to leave the cap open so that I don't have too much product.
If you have a dry and /or sensitive skin, you have to patch test but I also have sensitive skin and sometimes it is dry and this cleanser works fine! But it may not work for you. I always changed products so my skin went a bit cuckoo and this cleanser always saves me.
I will have a look into other Living Nature products. I want to buy the Manuka oil or gel soon!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/23/2011 8:41:00 AM More reviews by Oliga

I really like this product. It cleanses my skin without drying. I would recommend anyone with oily skin to use this

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/22/2011 4:20:00 PM More reviews by Yrie

This is the first cleanser that I truly like and I keep repurchasing it.

PROS:
- Natural ingredients.
- Very gentle, but effective cleanser. Doesn't strip my skin of all its oils, doesn't make it feel tight.
- This makes my skin feel incredibly smooth and soft.
- Lathers easily.
- Very refreshing, herbal scent which doesn't linger on the skin.
- A very little goes a very long way: The 50ml bottle lasted me for 1,5 months, used twice daily (now I only use it in the morning).
- Handy packaging, love the lid. Simple, yet elegant design. The shape of the bottle is brilliant, because you can store two Living Nature products "back to back", so they take up very little space.
CONS:
- Doesn't remove waterproof mascara completely.
- If my skin is very dry, it will feel a little tight after use.
- When the bottle is almost empty it gets difficult to squeeze out the remaining product becasue the material of the bottle is too stiff. You can easily take the lid off though.
- The price might seem quite high, but I found some websites that sell their products cheaper (Living Nature website: 100ml for 19.40. Naturisimo: 100ml for 17.40 - but I would highly recommend getting one of the Skin Essentials kits for around 25!). Depending on where you live, it might be cheaper to import than to buy in your own country.
VERDICT:
Lovely natural cleanser which is a bit pricey but will last you a long time.
This did, of course, not get rid off my normal breakouts. But then no product can achieve that. It did, however, control my oiliness (I have combination skin) and, on my good days, made my skin feel and look more amazing than ever before.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/30/2009 9:31:00 AM More reviews by shuzo

I used this product after I discovered the Living Nature website and all the wonderful words about how natural their products were. I tired the kits for acne prone and combo skin and some of the products within are quite nice but after using them all for a while I did not find them worth continuing with. This cleanser is quite gentle but, like pretty much all of their products, has quite a strong smell. It cleanses fairly well but I found one wash wasn't generally enough to remove all my makeup. After using it for a while I didn't think it was particulalrly beneficial so I moved on. Worth a try if you want a mild cleanser that is based on organic, natural ingredients (and if you can afford it!).

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2009 8:49:00 AM More reviews by livingnature

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

this cleanser is PERFECT! in combination with some other products from Living Nature my skin is beautiful. (first it was dry and flaky) just try it for a month and be amazed!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2009 3:40:00 AM More reviews by rvmc

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I think I've found my HG with this. Beautiful NZ product which has kumerahou and manuka honey among other ingredients. I haven't reacted to it, it cleans my skin wonderfully without stripping it, and leaves it feeling soft and smooth. All natural, and the ingredients are clearly listed on the website. The manuka honey is quite good for my blackheads and has helped to reduce them.
Packaging is good, you only squeeze out as much product as you need (i.e. it doesn't force itself out), and you only need a tiny, tiny amount. It's $NZ40 for 100ml which doesn't sound like much but it lasts a looooooong time. I've tried some samples of the hydrating gel and moisturiser and they both seem very good too.
As for the smell - it smells like walking through New Zealand bush, which for me is AMAZING, and reminds me of childhood, but may not appeal so much to others. Apparently they're changing it to a more "floral" scent soon so I'm going to stock up while it still smells natural and flaxy.

This stuff is wonderful. Get some samples. Try it. You'll be surprised. And your skin will thank you.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/27/2009 6:04:00 AM More reviews by laura101

I'd probably want to give this product a 3.5 rating if I could- but as I can't i'll give it a 4 instead of a 3 becuase it is a good product. I bought the trial pack (or girft pack whatever you want to call it) with the purifying cleanser, hydrating gel and balancing day lotion and have been using it for about 2 weeks- and the cleanser (which i use night and day) is almost out. I like the natural smell of the cleanser, and i love love love how its a pretty natural system, not full of chemicals but I still did break out after using this product- but it was not because of the products, it was a hormonal break out (ladies you may know where I'm coming from), however I was sad that this product did not prevent the break out. and i still have one or two little pimples that pop up now and then and an oily t-zone so i guess i'm dissapointed that this product, although cleans the skin very well, does not prevent breakouts or "cure" pimples or blackheads. I may be asking too much but i have tried alot of products over the years (like so many other people) and after the great reviews I was hoping this would be the "one". also the products are from NZ, where I was born so I guess I was hoping my skin would "connect" with the products lol. All in all a nice product but just does not do enough for the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2009 5:48:00 PM More reviews by majortom

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

After at least three years of trying to find a face cleanser that both removed makeup and didn't painfully dry out the skin, I came across this product, which is the first to meet both criteria. It lathers well, removes all unwanted residue and doesn't leave the skin feeling tight and irritated.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/30/2008 1:05:00 AM More reviews by gerrylee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

pretty decent cleanser. don't need too much to create foam. rinses off very well and skin feels soothed and not tight after. i like the smell. for those not used to it, don't worry, the smell doesn't linger after washing off. only downside is the packaging. i would prefer a pump as the liquid is too runny and sometimes you squeeze out more than you need.