August 20, 2014 | 1327 users online

Sunscreen - Lancome - UV Expert DNA Shield SPF50

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2009 1:39:00 AM More reviews by huyan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I love Lancome's UV Expert SPF50 sunscreen.
Right now I am using their newest UV Expert Neuroshield 12H UV and pollution protection. I have been using their UV expert sunscreen for around 7 years now. The sunscreen is not oily and it does not block pores. Plus, it does not create an allergic reaction to my sensitive skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/19/2008 3:42:00 PM More reviews by eponine121

I would recommend the fluid version of this sunscreen. It is a thin fluid, and goes on well. I fnd, as my sin is oily, that it actually goes on better if i just apply this straight to my face, no moisturiser. My make-up goes on well ontop of this, and it isn't greasy. I use it every day as i suffer from hyper-pigmentation and it hasn't broken me out.
It also has a decent PPD, i emailed Lancome and they told me the PPD is 16.4. It is non-comedogenic as well.

UPDATE: this product made my make-up go on patchy and also made my skin feel hot and uncomfortable after prolonged use. I think i don't get on with chemical sunscreens, but it is a good product for anyone who is ok with chemical sunscreens.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/13/2008 1:23:00 PM More reviews by akimbo123

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have tried them all, ladies. I got to the point where I only used Murad Sheer Tint year round , even though it's only SPF 15, because it was the only sunscreen that did not irritate my skin. I have finally found my summer sunscreen! I bought this duty free at the airport in Asia, and am so glad I stocked up on three tubes. They are very small tubes, perfect for one's purse or gym bag; however I would like a larger tube to use daily since it's expensive to keep buying them.

My skin is very sensitive to chemical sunscreens and many physical blocks leave an unnatural whitish cast on my olive skin. I am slightly oily year round and very oily in the summer, so many sunscreens feel irritating on my skin and don't really absorb.

This sunscreen is cosmetically elegant and absorbs right into my skin, unless I apply a very heavy layer. It also does not turn my foundation a strange orange color. I put UV Expert DNA Shield on, wait a minute or two, then apply my foundation.

I wore this sunscreen in very hot weather and it stayed put, protected my skin from increased melasma (which worsened in the past with other Mexoryl sunscreens and even Tinosorb) so I am VERY HAPPY to have discovered this.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2008 2:06:00 PM More reviews by newspaper

GOOD stuff!
Isn't oily at all!
What I am using is the original one, which is not the tinted one. It's doing its job so far as u know it's difficult to get a SPF 50 sunscreen with non-greasy texture.
I wanna try the tinted one which can be used as a makeup base. But first of all I need to finish the old one.

It's only 30ml but a durable goods. Don't apply too much on face while you may feel a bit heavy.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/23/2007 8:17:00 AM More reviews by grenadine_00

A shimmery sunscreen perfect for everyday wear which doubles as a tinted moisturizer. This replaces my previously lauded L'oreal uv perfect. Prefer lancome's because my skin doesn't appear oily(as with the l'oreal) and does appear more luminous thanks to the microshimmer. Light, unobtrusive, with the now ubiquitous meroxyl for uva/uvb protection. Tinted ivory, this goes on translucent adding a luminosity rather than color and does little to disguise any skin imperfections. Purchased from strawberry.net for $46/1 oz.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/5/2007 2:34:00 PM More reviews by gracesantacruz

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

[Lancome UV Expert 50 Asian version tinted] 30ml about $40 Mexoryl SX + Mexoryl XL
Pros: Good stable UVA/UVB protection, stays matte and gives pearly glow with mu (I like it, but could be too pearly or ghostly for others), non drying but not moisturizing either, does not ball up.
Cons: Not economical (very small tube), could melt around t-zone for oily skin, pearly finish could turn off some people.
My personal verdict: b/c I like pearly finish, this is an excellent ss, but $40 for a 1oz tube is too cost prohibiting.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/26/2007 5:05:00 AM More reviews by frucht_tasche

The best sunscreen I've used. The finish is great (not greasy or whitish), and feels not that heavy. Sad that it's not available here in europe.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/22/2006 7:37:00 AM More reviews by Anciuca

It feels a bit heavy under makeup,but this is a very good product.I have combination acne prone skin,but I had no irritations or breakouts from it.However,my HG sunscreen is now DiorSnow Pure UV Protective Base SPF 50 PA+++ which is more lightweight.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2006 2:46:00 AM More reviews by christallef

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I don't think this product is available in US yet. I purchased a tube from a duty free shop on my last trip to Asia. I don't really use Lancome's product but I'm hooked on this one. It is a light weight sunscreen that offers SPF50 protection. It absorbs quickly and provides a matt base for makeup. It comes in a small tube, whick is easy for travel but bad for the bank. I probably paid $38 or so for it. I'm not sure what DNA shield does but here is the explaination by Lancome: "Combines active photo-protection agent to minimize damage from pollutants Stimulates Heat Shock Proteins to protect DNA of cells Also contains Skin glow to prevent formation of melanin in epidermis Leaves skin absolutely protected for a transparent & unified complexion."

I usually hate how the sunscreen sits on my skin but I can definately live with this one. I will stock up on my next trip and hope it will soon be available in US.