August 20, 2014 | 1788 users online

Tinted Moisturizer - E.L.F. - Shielding Hydro-Tint SPF 15 in Tone 1

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 7/23/2011 4:47:00 PM More reviews by newtomakeup21

Good product. It's only $1, but it's not to big.
I was suprised at the coverage, not enough to cover blemishes, but enough to fairly even out skin tone.
I really like the way it feels too, light and airy.
Would definetly reccomend to people and buy again :)

rated 3 of 5 on 7/17/2011 3:17:00 PM More reviews by cheapglamour

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

for $1, this is decent. i was surprised at how much coverage it gave. although i still needed concealer to hide my acne and scarring, it was able to hide my redness.
however, it can make blemishes more obvious, gives a white cast, and settles into fine lines - pretty cakey for a tinted moisturizer. thats another thing: for a tinted moisturizer... it wasnt very moisturizing. wearing this by itself, i felt like i had on a thick amount of makeup.
the only reason i kept using this for so long was because it evened out my redness, had spf, and i dont like to waste stuff. this also didnt seem to break me out, but gave no skin improvements either.
i'll probably throw this away now, after seeing that this contains parabens, talc, and other lovely ingredients.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/7/2011 10:38:00 PM More reviews by sexyann

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I really didn't like this. It sunk into my pores and clogged them right away. I couldn't wash it off fast enough.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/17/2010 11:05:00 PM More reviews by Christinaann5

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have shade 'ivory' which is perfect for my vampire-esque complexion i may buy the next shade up to maybe mix the two n make my own blend maybe not since winter will b here soon?.. Consistency feels like a body butter has orange scent which goes rite away it blends nicely.. I dab teeny dots of this on my face (sometimes i dab few dots of another foundation to use up what i have) then i spray brush with homemade fix plus then stipple
With Elf studio powder brush stipple all over face then blend really well with same brush it gives lite to med coverage dependin on what else i used. I really like this my skin looks healthy not paley or cakey.. Blend slightly under/round jaw bone to blend harsh lines if any visible.. fair shade is light neutral tone great TM.. Only prob i had was i duno if i did it but i must have squeezed too hard and it was comin out aroumd tip.. No biggie.. I placed it in mini jar with tight lid i love it anyway a little last im not even 3/4 way thru 2 months later.. Its $1 id pay lot more bc its very light.. U could even use these like i do; alone or to mix with foundations that are to light or too dark or to even contour i suppose i may get dark shade to try contouring.. Ill update later-
So try this in ur shade i love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2010 5:41:00 PM More reviews by artsyjill

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I purchased this in the light "fair" shade. This product is great at providing a sheer, light coverage. For those expecting the coverage you would get in a concealer or foundation, this will not do that. This provides a more sheer wash or color that I think is great for the summer or times when you do not wish to wear a lot of heavy makeup on your skin. I did not find it to be drying or irritating on my skin. This applied smoothly and gave a great dewy appearance. Since I tend to have oily skin, I topped this off with some of E.L.F.'s HD powder and had great looking skin all day. I would recommend this for $1. I do wish you got more in the packaging or they made two different sizes at two different price points.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/14/2010 12:04:00 PM More reviews by dancerchickadee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

I really like this, the only thing i'm complaining about is the packaging. I wish the tube was bigger. Overall i like this product, it's a great find for a dollar.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/13/2010 2:43:00 AM More reviews by goofyhusky

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I got apricot beige:
coverage: 1/5. I don't really see any coverage...
lasting power: 5/5. seems to last.
moisturizing power: 2/5. It's a tad bit on the drying side.
feel: 5/5. Not sticky, dries pretty fast.
look: it seems to highlight the unsmoothness of the skin on my nose.
Pro: no allergic reaction (to me, this is one in a thousand, so that's awesome)
Cons: no coverage?

rated 5 of 5 on 4/30/2010 3:00:00 AM More reviews by jmmcd

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

This has quickly became the main product I use on my face instead of foundation. The pigmentation is very rich and a very small amount goes a long way. It is somewhat moisturizing but I wouldn't really rely on it as my primary moisturizer. It does nothing about controlling oil so it's smart to use an oil controlling moisturizer underneath and/or powder on top. The coverage is very smooth, blends well, and is somewhere between medium and light coverage. I must also say I've been very impressed by E.L.F.'s shades. The Apricot Beige shade matches my light olive toned complexion a lot better than most shades in that color range I've tried from other companies.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2010 9:03:00 PM More reviews by becca19

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I've tried a lot of different TM's and this is my favorite kind. I don't like to wear heavy foundation on my face but I have some redness and this evens out my skin tone. They're only $1 and the tube lasts a long time. I use it everyday and it's nice that it has an spf in it. I have a variety of shades and I will continue to purchase this.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/17/2010 8:58:00 PM More reviews by hjohnson21

I got this because I need moisturizing and coverage and was hoping for a look more natural than full foundation. I can say that this does work pretty well! My biggest issue with most of the foundations/tinted moisturizers that i find is that they never stay on my skin! and sadly this one had the same result, even with a powder.