October 24, 2014 | 1685 users online

Cleansers - Jurlique - Foaming Facial Cleanser

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2012 2:51:00 AM More reviews by kwippy

Although foaming is a little misleading, I love this product! I'm a little biased because I heart lavender, but its so gentle that it doesn't burn my eyes when I use this to clean eye makeup. I've been having a lot of sensitivity issues due to my acne medication but this has been a savior and effective is cleaning my skin during those extra dry and red skin days. Definitely put this in my arsenal of combating sensitive skin.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/23/2010 2:44:00 PM More reviews by malabu

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This face wash foams well and seems to cleanse remnant makeup. I also like the fact that it has less chemicals and no parabens in it. The scent is quite neutral, though it reminds me a little of the liquid soap that you use for the dishes. It's very drying to my combination/oily face, lips and hands, which makes it seem too harsh for my sensitive skin. On the packaging it claims that it's "hydrating", but for me it has had the opposite effect. I have to apply a hydrating cream immediately after washing, and still after that, I feel that my skin is dryer than normal, especially during winter time. I will not buy this again.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/16/2009 12:42:00 AM More reviews by muajoanney

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Quite gentle to the skin, has a nice subtle fragrance and I applaud it for having many natural ingredients such as tea-tree oil, green tea and tumeric known to suit and treat acne-prone skin. However, it didn't do too much for my skin as I felt it was quite drying, stripping oils off my face leaving it bare and tight.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/4/2009 6:07:00 PM More reviews by lillykinloo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have used the Jurlique Foaming Face Cleanser for about 5 years. Recently, they switched the packaging and made different formulas to balance the skin, moisturize the skin, clear the skin, etc. I haven't tried the new formulas, so this review is for the original Foaming Face Cleanser formula. I really love this product. For starters, the ingredients are organically farmed. I like face cleanser to lather, and this produces a rich lather with a great smell. I have combination skin, and it leaves my skin feeling clean and fresh. You only need a small amount, so the bottle lasts about 6 months for me (I use the cleanser twice daily).

I took off a lippie because for some reason, my face will start to break out after using this cleanser for about 9 months. I have to switch to something else for 3 months out of the year, and then I go back to Jurlique, and it works perfectly again. I'm not sure what this is about, but it's like my face builds a resistance or a reaction to prolonged use of the cleanser. I would not recommend this for people with sensitive skin, because it does contain a few herbs that are know to irritate people with super sensitive skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/29/2008 10:28:00 PM More reviews by sksterling

I bought this at TJ Maxx for $7.99. For $7.99, I felt I got a good deal. Cleanser smells herbally, only a little bit is needed to get some good foamy action, and it cleaned all my makeup off (when I say "all my makeup" I mean blush/bronzer, eyeshadow, and non-waterproof mascara). Now, I went on their website, and if I am correct this retails for $40???? I don't think this is worth $40. If you are looking for something natural, paraben free, etc. I suggest Mychelle for a foaming gel cleanser. Or, if your TJ Maxx has it (it's in the old packaging) I'd say go for it......

rated 3 of 5 on 6/25/2008 11:40:00 PM More reviews by pinkvanilla

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is the prodcut I used when I first started using Jurlique many years ago. I used to love it as my skin was different back then. It is definitely suited to oily skin and it works wonders for it!

It is a very gentle, foaming cleanser and you only need to use a bit of it at a time.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/28/2008 8:03:00 PM More reviews by anglomania86

I'm assuming this is the review for the Purifying Facial cleanser with lavender and tea tree extract.
There are quite a lot of negative reviews but mine is definitely positive. After realizing just how drying the Clinique facial wash was on my skin and how it brought out tiny red spots all over my skin, I was quick to switch over. I went into my Space NK apothecary and was about to buy a cleanser by REN but the sales advisor recommended Jurlique as she had been using it and like me, she was oily and had acne prone skin. I really love the product and have used it for the past 2 weeks now. I cleanse my face twice so that the first one cleanses and clears any left over make up (I use make-up remover and a wipe beforehand) then again so that my skin feels super clean. I then follow with my regular moisturiser (Body Shop VitE) This combination really works for me, even though I still get the odd spot(which I don't think can really be helped), my skin feels clean and looks so much healthier! My only negative comment is that it is so expensive! At 29 it's way more than I've ever spent on a cleanser and I feel a bit ashamed to admit that I have spent so much.

**I've used this for the past 5 months now and my skin is looking great. No more red bumps and fewer spots too! I will buy this again because it's so gentle and works well too.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/5/2008 7:29:00 PM More reviews by Dagne7

I like this cleanser as I don't find it drying on my skin and it leaves it feeling clean. It's a clear amber-orange gel that has an nice, herbal scent. I've been using it for about a year so I feel like it's time to move on. If I can't find anything better, I will come back to this.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/20/2008 11:29:00 PM More reviews by ameshi

I like Jurlique, but this cleanser is realy average. It maybe another story for other skin types, but it is definitely too drying and harsh on sensitive combiantion skin that are prone to breakouts. It's not much better than your average supermarket cleanser and definitely not worth the price paid for it.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2008 7:18:00 PM More reviews by sauvyanna

It's wonderful... If your skin is anything like mine. I have tremendously oily, blemish prone skin, this product left my skin feeling cleaner, and fresher than it's EVER felt! And I LOVE the smell! It's herbacious and fresh! With a, straight from the earth kind of smell! It is expensive, but if you've gone your entire life with ugly, oily,blemished skin, like mine, it's totally worth it. I think the people who didn't like this product, didn't understand when they purchased it, that it is for very oily skin, it is supposed to 'strip' your skin of tons of excess oil. If it makes you feel overly dry and taught, you're not oily, you're probably normal. But for me, I feel refreshed, light and airy! Not one break out in two weeks!