August 2, 2014 | 989 users online

Moisturizers - The Body Shop - Aloe Soothing Day Cream

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2014 7:17:00 PM More reviews by Oasis93

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Alright, so here is a little backstory on my skin. I have been dealing with combination oily skin and break outs for years. I can't use blush/bronzer/concealer/foundation, anything on my face, without getting blackheads that lead to break outs, unless I religiously wash my face and use Stridex pads. I have tried numerous moisturizers for my skin, because using anti acne products can dry it out. After realizing the moisturizers I was using were making my problems worse, I stopped using them all together and my face literally got so dry and tight, it would hurt to smile. My mom knew I was having skin problems that were really upsetting me, so she ordered this for me to try. I was interested in it because it's ingredient list was quite simple, so I was hoping there would be less of a chance that it would clog my pores. My skin felt instantly soothed. A week later, my skin had a glow, it was no longer flakey and dull and I got no break outs or clogged pores. I was amazed and I have been using this for the past 4 years now. Awesome stuff, give it a try.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/16/2014 11:56:00 PM More reviews by addied

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Was recommended this product twice, once during Summer as my skin was still dry and needed a little extra moisture,

the second time, was at my dermatitis stage where my skin was sensitive to a lot of products as well as extreme dryness.

This product is creamy, refreshing and overall pleasant to wear all day. I did find some improvement to my dry skin but it eventually led to oily t zone so I only applied this around my outer face (jawline).

Would most likely repurchase again later on.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/12/2014 3:00:00 AM More reviews by Coconoire84

I've always had what I thought to be good looking skin, rarely becomes spotty unless it's around that time of the month. It's combination/dry. Slightly light pigmentation around my mouth area but nothing that foundation cant hide. I started using this 6/7 months ago just to try something different. I didnt really notice any manly changes to my skin until 4 weeks after using this daily. My skin had become VERY smooth and "perfect". My make up looked more polished and flawless. It's fantastic for a make up base as it doesn't make my oil stick foundation nor my water based foundation slide anywhere it's really nice and light too. I only need the tiniest amount an it glides all over my face and neck so easily. It hasn't done anything for my pigmentation and it doesn't claim to so I was never expecting That area to lighten but my skin looks much smoother and less "bumpy" to touch. My face feels comfortable and not dry at all. This is a product which will be on my dresser for life, I'll never go back. I've used so many expensive brands like creme de la mer to oil of Olay and yes la mer is lovely but soooo expensive. I truly think aloe Vera cream is a pot of gold and I've recommended it to so many people now!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/23/2014 2:45:00 PM More reviews by amyrose1592

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Best moisturiser ever HG will repurchase again. Is gentle and has helped with skin clear up in addition to the toner and cleanser and tea tree oil at night time. It wouldn't let me enter 5 lippies for some reason but yeah, 5 lippies!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2014 12:23:00 AM More reviews by laula

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this cream after doing a lot of searching online for a good cream that isn't full of chemicals and wouldn't irritate my already red and very dry skin. Canadian winters aren't the most gentle on your skin, and my efforts of only using coconut oil left me with alligator skin. I wanted to get something that wasn't from a drugstore (you can't read half the ingredients on any of the products, especially Aveeno!), and something that would alleviate the redness but was reasonably priced. I settled on this Day Cream and used it that night. The tub isn't the most sanitary of containers, but you're usually putting on your creams after you wash your face so germs aren't my biggest concern. The smell is pretty neutral and the cream was a thin consistency and was quickly absorbed. I used it with the night cream and my alligator skin disappeared in one day!

I thought this was just a one-off, so after 3 weeks of using the product, I have to say I've found my HG moisturizer. I can't be all natural and use coconut oil, but this has given me my skin back. It's now permanently smooth, radiant and clear with no breakouts (besides my usual hormonal ones), and my blackheads have taken a vacation! I would definitely buy this again.

I also bought the night cream with equally amazing results!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2014 9:00:00 PM More reviews by klseey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Vey good product, feels light on the skin. Does its job very well, and one tiny tub of this has lasted me almost a year.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/26/2014 5:51:00 PM More reviews by supasparkle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Great basic moisturiser for sensitive skin, love it, in fact love the whole range!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/21/2014 7:48:00 PM More reviews by TrueHysteria

This product is good for people with dry skin. I have oily/combination skin but however it does not a big deal because I just use blotting paper if my face is too oily. It is a rich cream but feel light on your face and feel fresh, which is a big ++ for this product. I use it for over a month and very satisfied with my purchase because it does not cause me break out AT ALL.
- But currently I stop using it already since early December 2013 because I cannot stand the smell of it, it's just smell horrible ( I use it when I'm not satisfied with my other moisturizer and I have nothing to replace at that time ) . But I highly recommended the product if you don't mind the smell, it is a really really good moisturizer though. It last quite long also ( around a month and a half for its small packaging ) .

rated 4 of 5 on 1/3/2014 4:49:00 PM More reviews by Camilascarlett

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Loving this moisturizer, is never heavy on my face and you can get great coverage out of just a little bit. That being said, and having the dry skin that I have in the winter, sometimes i find it TOO light, and have to apply it twice before i'm satisfied. Regardless, its a wonderful calming little product. I would HIGHLY recommend the night cream that they have produced as a pair for this. It has never made me oily or left residue. Absorbs quickly.

Only criticism would be the smell, which is not terribly noticeable but very strange! Almost salty?

Would and WILL purchase again.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/10/2013 11:43:00 PM More reviews by Errai

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this about a month ago and have been using it ever since. The product hasn't broken me out and does not irritate my skin like other moisturizers I've used. The moisturizer feels light and while I don't think that it has made my skin any softer than before, it does prevent my skin from being dry and flaky. It does have a slight smell and while it isn't pleasant, it isn't unpleasant to me either. For the price, I think it does a fair job.