The Body Shop Aloe Soothing Day Cream

3.5

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Aloe Barbadensis Gel, Isononyl Isononanoate, Glycerin, Water, Cyclomethicone, Pentylene Glycol, Butylene Glycol, Cetearyl Glucoside, Myristyl Myristate, Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed Oil, Cetyl Alcohol, Myristyl Alcohol, Palmitic Acid, Stearic Acid, Cetearyl Alcohol, Myristyl Glucoside, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Bisabolol, Xanthan Gum, Avena Sativa (Oat) Kernel Flour.

on 8/22/2015 4:17:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

leaves a balmy not so absorbent layer on the skin which I don't quit fancy
but helps against daily sun exposure for sure, not fan of the texture though..

on 7/20/2015 8:57:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This face cream is a bit pricey, but I find that it is worth every penny. It is lightweight but very hydrating, providing all of the moisture without leaving my skin looking greasy. It leaves my skin feeling soft and hydrated and takes away any feelings of tightness, dryness or irritation. It also reduces redness. It does not have a strong fragrance and is suitable for sensitive skin.

on 5/6/2015 4:55:00 PM

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

well. first of all, it makes me greasy for about 45 mins after I apply it. it moisturizes pretty well, but nothing spectacular. however, I absolutely HATE the jar packaging. so unsanitary. Would never repurchase, but I'll use it up since it was $18.

on 4/24/2015 12:29:00 AM

It seems like a really nice product, but god it smells so bad I can't even stand to put it on my face! It literaly smells like garbage, idk if it's just me or if I got a bad one or something but it is the first time I can't use a product just because of its smell. Very annoying.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

This is one of the only moisturizers that I found that is moisturizing enough and doesn't cause me to break out. It sinks into the skin nicely and doesn't feel greasy. It actually does feel soothing on the skin.

on 4/1/2015 1:48:00 PM

I got this to help me out with a bad reaction I had to another face cream. The skin on my cheeks was particularly red and inflamed, so I wanted something fragrance free, cooling and soothing to help. This definitely ticked all three boxes and within a matter of days my skin was (almost) back to normal. I'm now using this up as I don't like to waste things, but I wouldn't be tempted to purchase it again for one reason - the consistency of it is just a little bit too thick for my skin for daily use and I find if I apply too much it can lead to breakouts. It was definitely great at helping with my stressed-out skin though, so for anyone else experiencing something similar I would recommend giving this a try.

on 2/21/2015 11:28:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

LOVE this moisturizer for dry, sensitive skin. I have very dry skin; I can't even really blame this on the winter weather, because I live in a very southern climate. My skin is usually just dry all year round. I picked this up at the Body Shop about a month ago and I love it! It absorbs so nicely into the skin and it is very gentle; it's one of the few moisturizers that my skin doesn't react to.

This is such a nice addition to my skin care routine; I actually find the day cream is thick enough to use at night as well. The only downside is the price; for $17 you only get 1.7 ounces; however, The Body Shop generally has 40% off sales (one is going on right now) and then it only costs $10. If you can wait for one of those sales, I think it's definitely worth trying out. The only other downside is that, as a day cream, it doesn't have any SPF in it, so you will need to add that in separately for your daytime routine. But if you need something that is gentle and also hydrating, this is my favorite moisturizer.

I bought this to compliment the scrub, foaming cleanser and toner from the same line. This is by far the best product I've tried from the Aloe line. It sinks in really quickly and mattifies my skin a little, creating a great base for makeup. My skin is slightly sensitive and his makes it feel refreshed and not tight or dried out. I'll probably repurchase it even if I'm not using the rest of the Aloe line.

on 12/11/2014 4:22:00 AM

Bought this product just to try and I've been loving it. I don't have sensitive skin but it's nice to use something that's more skin friendly and gentle. I've made the switch to fragrance free skin care products and I like that there's no fragrance to this cream. It also doesn't break me out. I don't think I'd buy it for it's regular price so it's a lovely that The Body Shop always has good deals. I already repurchased my second tub.

on 9/9/2014 4:08:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

I bought this product on a whim in the summer of 2013, during one of THEBODYSHOP's 40% off everything sale. I don't think I would've bought this item for the full price. When I started using it consistently with my skincare routine in the summertime, it didn't seem to do much for my skin. I see many reviewers talking about how it was great for their sensitive skin, but there are many great alternatives that are much cheaper. Whenever I apply it to my skin, it seems to have a slight burning sensation that lasts for only a couple of seconds. This might be due to the product being a little over a year old though.
I think I will go ahead and use up the rest of this product, but I am interested in finding a more concentrated formula with aloe in it after I run out of this moisturizer.

Popular Moisturizers