October 22, 2014 | 1003 users online

Primer/ Corrector - The Body Shop - Prebase

rated 1 of 5 on 1/25/2005 11:19:00 AM More reviews by Twinklynn

eh im sorry but i really dun like tis product as all along i din realise e size of my pores, until i used tis. it settles into my pores n it's really very ugly. i mean who wans tis. but tis really din work for me

rated 4 of 5 on 1/15/2005 7:02:00 PM More reviews by munchkinhead

This product is really good. I use this under my foundation becasue it really does even out skin tone and covers spots, red veins and any other skin pigments. Because it only comes in one colour I thought it wouldn't work as my skin tone is medium asain however it worked wonders. I even used this on two of my friends, one who is very fair skinned and she has really rosy cheeks but using this under her foundation made her skin look flawless. Then I used this on my tanned friend and the tiny scars on her face were made invisable once this was applied! This product works on many skin types but becasue my skin has become a lot dryer since moving to London, I can't use it anymore otherwise I would be using this everyday!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/30/2004 5:43:00 PM More reviews by lindaaaaa

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

i love this product! i have never been able to find a foundation that matches my skin tone completely without being extremely heavy and suffocating. this product feels lightweight but evens out my skin tone perfectly. only problem is if i dont moisturize before applying it gets a little flaky =S still the best overall for me tho =D

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/10/2004 5:39:00 PM More reviews by moonsista

I have mixed feelings about the Prebase. I think it's supposed to help absorb oil in oily parts and moisturize in dry parts as well as help to disguise flaws some. I think it does help to moisturize the dry parts of my skin but I don't think it helps to absorb oil on the oily parts of my skin at all. It goes on a bit yellow but that is soon covered by my makeup.

I don't find that it does a really *fantastic* job of helping to cover flaws and imperfections. I've got VERY mixed feelings about this product and at this time am unsure if I will re-purchase, although I'm leaning toward "yes". One thing I really like about it is that it contains SPF 8 which is an added bonus. One negative thing is the tall bottle with the big opening - no pump dispenser - this is somewhat cumbersome. continued >>

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/3/2004 3:35:00 PM More reviews by swt_mimi

Okay, let me start off by saying that my dehydrated skin loves HEAVY moisturizers and foundations. This product, however, is TERRIBLE because A)the heaviness of the base just won't absorb into my skin and makes my skin look somewhat greasy(I have dry skin too) B)like a MUAer said-this stuff feels VERY chalky(not very blendable on moisturized or plain skin and C)it does not make my pores smaller or make my foundation last longer...infact, by mid-day, it felt like my foundation was "sliding" off. I should also add on that the packaging is terrible. You're better off not buying this face base. Thumbs down as one of the worst products I've ever tried.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/8/2004 12:05:00 PM More reviews by fundercat55

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I like this product. I loathe the package it comes in, b/c it makes such a mess. I like to use it with a little powder over it. Evens out my skintone nicely and leaves a matte finish.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/9/2003 5:24:00 AM More reviews by HappyMD

It comes in liquid form and for my skin type (tends to dry) I find that it is better. The color is great, and with quick blending, it disappears right into my skin. It is also very lightweight; you won't feel you have it on. I receive compliments whenever I wear this product. At least for my skin, it already acts as a foundation as it evens out my skin tone and makes my skin looks oil-free and flawless (light-diffusing property at work, I guess.) I use this in place of my moisturizer though. Using the Prebase after applying moisturizer causes it to clump. The only other problem I encountered with this product is this: if I don't blend it in fast enough, the amount I apply on my face does not budge anymore so I have to wash again and re-apply. The solution I came up with is to err in applying less than more (which is why I'm predicting this one bottle will last me a long, long time), and blend in quickly, as in asap. And oh, it also stains my fingers.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/31/2003 9:09:00 PM More reviews by bernie06

First off, the packaging: Yucky. It is in this long tubey thing with a huge opening. The whole thing, label and all were plain and looked like the company spent 5cents on it. Now the product: it is very yellow and you need only a little to spread around the face. I have medium size pores on my cheeks that usually are not even noticable but this product sank right in to it. Maybe to fill the holes or something. My foundation went on smooth but throughout the day it felt like my face was very oily and my makeup was sliding off. It does have SPF 8, which is good if you are wearing foundation without any SPF or want to add more. That would be the only reason I would recommend it and stay away if you are oily. I believe it will only add to it.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/31/2003 3:08:00 AM More reviews by leilaverde

Very sheer coverage (which shld appeal to me) BUT it was a lil oily for my face. It starts to form to two layers of oil and colour after a few months & i threw it away. Maybe the spf was the only good trait it had, but no thanx, i'd rather apply a sunblock.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2003 7:33:00 PM More reviews by jennyb

This is a lightweight liquid which looks very yellow in the packaging, but goes on virtually colorless. I suspect people who see color on the skin may be using a little too much - only a pea-sized drop is required. It mattifies a little, disguises pores, and evens up small differences in complexion tone. It seems to sink in totally, without accentuating pores, lines or dryness. I haven't used it as a foundation base, but as a substitute. Coverage is not a lot, but ample for those with a fairly even complexion. Combined with mattifier, concealer and pressed powder, this gives me a totally flawless base, with none of the caking or creasing problems or masklike look associated with foundation. The clear plastic bottle is cheap looking but highly functional. A great product at a very reasonable price.