October 25, 2014 | 1537 users online

Pressed Powders - Ulta - Pressed Powder Light to Medium

rated 3 of 5 on 6/23/2012 11:29:00 PM More reviews by latoyaoneall

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got this powder for free, and overall I don't like it..it gets very cakey through the day as you do touch ups and just makes me want to wash my face. I don't like it at all...

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2012 5:42:00 PM More reviews by Bwampler612

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Amazing pressed powder. Use as a finishing powder and it works wonders! Not cakey or anything! I got this on sale buy one get one free at ulta! They're always running sales and promotions!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/31/2010 3:00:00 PM More reviews by WesleysMom25

I bought this the other day to use as a setting poweder. When I tried it with the sponge that came with it, it made my face look orange. I then applied it with a brush and it looked so much better. I like the way my face looks after putting it on.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/5/2009 5:06:00 PM More reviews by HotCurry

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is an excellent pressed powder...I was surprised by it's quality actually! This is as good as my Mac Blot for half the price! It's sheer, doesn't ever look cakey or powdery, and sets my Ulta TM perfectly! Keeps my super oily skin in check too! Truly and excellent powder, I will def. buy it over and over again!

rated 1 of 5 on 9/23/2009 9:03:00 AM More reviews by Honeyrider1977

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I love Ulta so I really wanted to like this stuff but for me it ended up being crap.

My complexion is on the lighter side; I'm not "goth white" by any means but I'm definitely a light/light medium skin tone. Nothing unusual about that except I have somewhat of a yellow undertone to my skin. I find that most powder foundations for lighter skin contain more of a "pink" undertone to them; therefore it's difficult to find something on the light to light/medium side because I need something more "yellow" based.

I'll be honest... this was partial stupidity on my part for buying this. The foundation didn't look like a color I'd normally purchase but I wanted to try something different to see how it would look on my skin. I bought the light/medium powder foundation and man was that a huge mistake. During initial application it just looked like I had a tan, but midway through the day my face looked ORANGE. I was hopeful because I've used the Ulta Illuminating Liquid foundation which I LOVED (ivory/light), but the powder foundation, not so much.

Moral of the story: When buying Ulta foundation products you might want to consider a color one shade lighter than what you normally wear. Additionally, I do not recommend their powder foundation for those with yellow undertones. On the bright side I did learn a trick following my foundation mishap (for those who don't know), apply the foundation to your neck when you test it. If the color is good on your neck chances are it's good for your face; you won't get that nasty makeup line at the jaw/neck area.

Luckily Ulta will take ANYTHING back as long as you have your receipt so no harm done here.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/19/2006 1:52:00 PM More reviews by js1624

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Well, I was so surprised how much I like this powder. I am allergic to mica, sunscreen & fragrance so finding a powder that does not irritate has become a huge challenge for me and this one fits the bill!! The color is very pretty and neut. And it gives some coverage too & does not cake over my foundation. I also like that the compact keeps the puff in a sep. ventillated area. My only complaint is that the compact is a little fat and not too pretty - yes I am a makeup snob, but the price really makes up for it - apprx $14. Will def. repurchase. I also like the loose version that works well applied even during the day after blotting.