December 22, 2014 | 1638 users online

Fragrances - Jo Malone - Blue Agava and Cacao

rated 5 of 5 on 12/2/2014 10:42:00 PM More reviews by Beeforth

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Grey, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

One of my faourite fragrances - very subtle and distinctive. And addictive.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2014 9:32:00 PM More reviews by KateFesch

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this in the Summer. It smells like tiare flower to me, with that bubblegum-like floral note. I also get a light and powdery whiff of cocoa powder in the base, along with the cardamom shimmering through the entire composition. It's a soft and sophisticated tropical scent. It's described as a floral fragrance in the Jo Malone website, but I think of it as a soft floriental because of the spices. My current favorite in the Jo Malone collection.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/23/2014 6:31:00 AM More reviews by mvioleta

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my first Jo Malone fragrance , bought it on a whim last week as I could sniff it all over Selfridges and it really seemed nice . Well , I don't have and 'educated' nose so I cannot say much about the notes and such but in my opinion is a very 'simple ' fragrance , pleasant as in different than all the sweet fragrances that seem to have flooded the market lately but very unsofisticated . I think is very expensive for price you pay for 2 or more bottles to layer .

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2014 2:52:00 PM More reviews by leejeanne01

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

One of the "darker" Jo Malone scents and one I adore. On a trip to Las Vegas some years back I stopped by the Jo Malone store and the sales person suggested it and 164. I bought both and fell in love. I don't wear either by themselves, always layering. For a "lighter" mood I'll layer with lime and basic or even grapefruit. I've gotten many "say, what IS that scent you are wearing?" from passers by.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/24/2013 8:51:00 PM More reviews by Bo_A

Gross, cloying scent. Made me very nauseous. Doesn't smell very clean or fresh, more stale than anything. No matter how much I tried to wash it off, it stays with you. Another shower is the only way to go. Hated this scent.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/7/2013 4:57:00 AM More reviews by mystiquerida

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Brown

Notes of notes of lime oil, grapefruit, birgaradia, cardamom, red berry, agava flower, sea salt, orchid, geranium, white lily, cocoa, vetiver, cinnamon, musk and vanilla beans.

A nice creamy sugary scent (a nice version of bubblegum, but not cheap and cloying) with a faint hint of cocoa. Sillage not strong.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/28/2013 6:04:00 PM More reviews by buffydoggy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love, love this fragrance. To me, it smells like warm cocoa after the initial spray which I find quite sharp smelling. I don't find it to be a very complex smell, which is fine by me.

I do wish this fragrance would last a little bit longer (I find it lasts for about 2 hours) but I do love the smell. I am not a huge fragrance person and for the most part I find perfumes don't smell very good on me for some reason. Really strong scents usually give me a migraine also but this perfume doesn't!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/13/2013 1:53:00 PM More reviews by tiara85

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I've not tried them all yet and only own three but so far this is my favourite from Jo Malone! It's really quite sexy, rich yet sweet and long lasting. LOVE!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2012 7:05:00 PM More reviews by lipstickgirl8

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Full disclosure - I love Jo Malone scents and have more of them than I can count. But somehow I'd never tried this one. I passed through Nordstrom the other day, sampled it and liked it, and promptly bought it using some Nordstrom notes :). It's beautiful. Not too gourmand-y, and it LASTS, which all of her fragrances do not on me. It's kind of powdery and dry, but interesting. I've combined it with Vetiver which I like, but I also like it on its own.

One thing I have noticed (have others?) is that it seems to combine better with my chemistry on my wrists than on my neck. For some reason (body heat?) some heavier scents seem too "full" when I spray them on my neck. But I can wear them on my wrists or inside my elbow.

Anyway, I am now in love with this fragrance! Give it a try.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/12/2012 4:29:00 PM More reviews by Merrie1

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'm a Jo Malone fanatic. :D

I wish I had a more sophisticated nose. I don't. So I can only tell you that this is very pretty. It doesn't not smell gourmand to me. I combine it often with my favorite scent (Nectarine Blossom and Honey)

It is very unique scent. I've bought a few bottles since I wear it often with my NB&H.

I'd recommend :)