Jo Malone Blue Agava and Cacao

3.9

on 12/2/2014 10:42:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Grey, Straight, Fine

One of my faourite fragrances - very subtle and distinctive. And addictive.

on 7/16/2014 9:32:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I love this in the Summer. It smells like tiare flower to me, with that bubblegum-like floral note. I also get a light and powdery whiff of cocoa powder in the base, along with the cardamom shimmering through the entire composition. It's a soft and sophisticated tropical scent. It's described as a floral fragrance in the Jo Malone website, but I think of it as a soft floriental because of the spices. My current favorite in the Jo Malone collection.

on 4/23/2014 6:31:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

This is my first Jo Malone fragrance , bought it on a whim last week as I could sniff it all over Selfridges and it really seemed nice . Well , I don't have and 'educated' nose so I cannot say much about the notes and such but in my opinion is a very 'simple ' fragrance , pleasant as in different than all the sweet fragrances that seem to have flooded the market lately but very unsofisticated . I think is very expensive for price you pay for 2 or more bottles to layer .

on 4/18/2014 2:52:00 PM

One of the "darker" Jo Malone scents and one I adore. On a trip to Las Vegas some years back I stopped by the Jo Malone store and the sales person suggested it and 164. I bought both and fell in love. I don't wear either by themselves, always layering. For a "lighter" mood I'll layer with lime and basic or even grapefruit. I've gotten many "say, what IS that scent you are wearing?" from passers by.

on 9/24/2013 8:51:00 PM

Gross, cloying scent. Made me very nauseous. Doesn't smell very clean or fresh, more stale than anything. No matter how much I tried to wash it off, it stays with you. Another shower is the only way to go. Hated this scent.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Other

Notes of notes of lime oil, grapefruit, birgaradia, cardamom, red berry, agava flower, sea salt, orchid, geranium, white lily, cocoa, vetiver, cinnamon, musk and vanilla beans.

A nice creamy sugary scent (a nice version of bubblegum, but not cheap and cloying) with a faint hint of cocoa. Sillage not strong.

on 7/28/2013 6:04:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I love, love this fragrance. To me, it smells like warm cocoa after the initial spray which I find quite sharp smelling. I don't find it to be a very complex smell, which is fine by me.

I do wish this fragrance would last a little bit longer (I find it lasts for about 2 hours) but I do love the smell. I am not a huge fragrance person and for the most part I find perfumes don't smell very good on me for some reason. Really strong scents usually give me a migraine also but this perfume doesn't!

on 6/13/2013 1:53:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I've not tried them all yet and only own three but so far this is my favourite from Jo Malone! It's really quite sexy, rich yet sweet and long lasting. LOVE!

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Full disclosure - I love Jo Malone scents and have more of them than I can count. But somehow I'd never tried this one. I passed through Nordstrom the other day, sampled it and liked it, and promptly bought it using some Nordstrom notes :). It's beautiful. Not too gourmand-y, and it LASTS, which all of her fragrances do not on me. It's kind of powdery and dry, but interesting. I've combined it with Vetiver which I like, but I also like it on its own.

One thing I have noticed (have others?) is that it seems to combine better with my chemistry on my wrists than on my neck. For some reason (body heat?) some heavier scents seem too "full" when I spray them on my neck. But I can wear them on my wrists or inside my elbow.

Anyway, I am now in love with this fragrance! Give it a try.

on 3/12/2012 4:29:00 PM

I'm a Jo Malone fanatic. :D

I wish I had a more sophisticated nose. I don't. So I can only tell you that this is very pretty. It doesn't not smell gourmand to me. I combine it often with my favorite scent (Nectarine Blossom and Honey)

It is very unique scent. I've bought a few bottles since I wear it often with my NB&H.

I'd recommend :)