April 18, 2014 | 573 users online

Fragrances - Jo Malone - Blue Agava and Cacao

rated 1 of 5 on 9/24/2013 8:51:00 PM More reviews by Bo_A

Gross, cloying scent. Made me very nauseous. Doesn't smell very clean or fresh, more stale than anything. No matter how much I tried to wash it off, it stays with you. Another shower is the only way to go. Hated this scent.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/7/2013 4:57:00 AM More reviews by mystiquerida

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Brown

Notes of notes of lime oil, grapefruit, birgaradia, cardamom, red berry, agava flower, sea salt, orchid, geranium, white lily, cocoa, vetiver, cinnamon, musk and vanilla beans.

A nice creamy sugary scent (a nice version of bubblegum, but not cheap and cloying) with a faint hint of cocoa. Sillage not strong.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/28/2013 6:04:00 PM More reviews by buffydoggy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love, love this fragrance. To me, it smells like warm cocoa after the initial spray which I find quite sharp smelling. I don't find it to be a very complex smell, which is fine by me.

I do wish this fragrance would last a little bit longer (I find it lasts for about 2 hours) but I do love the smell. I am not a huge fragrance person and for the most part I find perfumes don't smell very good on me for some reason. Really strong scents usually give me a migraine also but this perfume doesn't!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/13/2013 1:53:00 PM More reviews by tiara85

I've not tried them all yet and only own three but so far this is my favourite from Jo Malone! It's really quite sexy, rich yet sweet and long lasting. LOVE!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2012 7:05:00 PM More reviews by lipstickgirl8

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Full disclosure - I love Jo Malone scents and have more of them than I can count. But somehow I'd never tried this one. I passed through Nordstrom the other day, sampled it and liked it, and promptly bought it using some Nordstrom notes :). It's beautiful. Not too gourmand-y, and it LASTS, which all of her fragrances do not on me. It's kind of powdery and dry, but interesting. I've combined it with Vetiver which I like, but I also like it on its own.

One thing I have noticed (have others?) is that it seems to combine better with my chemistry on my wrists than on my neck. For some reason (body heat?) some heavier scents seem too "full" when I spray them on my neck. But I can wear them on my wrists or inside my elbow.

Anyway, I am now in love with this fragrance! Give it a try.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/12/2012 4:29:00 PM More reviews by Merrie1

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'm a Jo Malone fanatic. :D

I wish I had a more sophisticated nose. I don't. So I can only tell you that this is very pretty. It doesn't not smell gourmand to me. I combine it often with my favorite scent (Nectarine Blossom and Honey)

It is very unique scent. I've bought a few bottles since I wear it often with my NB&H.

I'd recommend :)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/14/2011 2:57:00 PM More reviews by Marianthoula

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got this as a gift a couple of years ago, and I am so-and-so about it.
On one hand, it brings to my mind a Christmas night, warm and cozy in front of a fireplace, very sweet and comforting and makes me very happy to smell it.
On the other hand, the moment I put this on it smells like having a can of coca-cola (which I HATE) under my nose! I think it's the lime in it. Yuck! And this smell continues and continues and continues.... I have to train my mind not to pay attention for the first 15 minutes. But then it turns into this heavenly sweet perfume I described above and this stays for the next 2-3 hours. After that it disappears.
I almost always wear this now, just for those 2-3 hours I get to sniff it and for an indescribable sweetly smell it leaves on my clothes. Other than that, nothing special.
I would not repurchase. First of all, I find it very so-and-so, with not good staying power. Also the container is huge, which means I will have to wear this A LOT in order to finish it and by the time I do so I will probably be tired of it.
The quality of the bottle is great! My iguana knocked this over from my boudoir to the marble floor and although the cap shattered, the glass came out unscratched. Good for him!
Price-wise it is no more expensive than I would have expected, but I do not think I would ever be willing to pay 100+Euro for this big container. So I would not buy again.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/22/2011 11:50:00 PM More reviews by ncashen

I love it. I wish it lasted longer on my skin. This is a light, fresh yet decadent fragrance. Cocoa with the light sweetness of blue agave nectar.

If I'm not sure I want to wear a fragrance, this is what I wear. That might sound odd. But it wears off much more quickly than some of my other regulars (L'Artisan's Tea for Two, for example). So it feels like "no commitment," just a brief spritz of heavenly mist.

I sometimes spray this over my hair, but I know I shouldn't do that due to the alcohol potentially drying my hair out. This is my favorite fragrance by Jo Malone. I also enjoy the fig fragrance by this company. Packaging is simple and elegant.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2011 11:43:00 AM More reviews by cielos

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I absolutely adore this fragrance and it is a staple in my perfume wardrobe. Jo Malone is one of the pioneers in fragrance combining, and I personally combine this with the vintage gardenia, for a totally feminine and ladyike sent with a twist. It is the perfect scent for day to day use, and lasts all day. When I first started using Jo Malone I was questioning the prices, it is a bit more money than some, but it is worth every penny, the Jo Malone fragrances are amazing and you will always be able to come up with your own signature scent, and the bottles look elegant on my vanity, I will buy over and over again

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/13/2011 12:58:00 AM More reviews by ltgee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

very strong opening, the cacao was very faint. smelled like minty chocolate toothpaste?!