December 20, 2014 | 955 users online

Lipstick - Victoria's Secret - Suede touch modern matte lipstick

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/23/2006 4:45:00 PM More reviews by lunyc

Love it! I have super dry lips (I always use lip balm), so I haven't tried a matte lipstick in years. But I bought the Coco Chiffon at a semi-annual sale for cheap, thinking I had nothing to lose, and instead I gained a lot! It's so smooth, light, does not dry out my lips (big surprise there!), looks natural, and lasts way after eating. I would definitely buy again. The only downfall is that the cap is hard to open; I have to really twist it. I have 2 Victoria's Secret lipsticks and both caps are tight.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/25/2005 9:35:00 PM More reviews by MissMermaid

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Oh you little retro-teasers! You forced me to buy every one of your gorgeous shades! And now my poor bag is simply weighed down with all those heavy silver bullets. But that is a hurdle I think I can overcome. While these are potentially drying, I put the pleasingly plump prep stuff underneath it and the color goes on like a dream and I feel like a 40's cheesecake Pin Up girl. My boyfriend bought me plenty of these in appreciation for their um..lovely "effects"

rated 2 of 5 on 8/3/2005 4:26:00 PM More reviews by gertymcdowell

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

At first it feels good on the lips, then a few seconds later I felt like there was nothing on my lips. And l agreed with another reviewer who said it dried out her lips--it seemed to seep into the cracks in my lips, then made them flake! There isn't a wide variety of colors to choose from either. I got Rose Taffeta, but I think it looks better on Gisele than on me.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/16/2003 5:26:00 PM More reviews by sonnie_art

Pros:The sleek packaging, the color selection. Cons: Lipstick absorbs into lips very fast, smooth touch lasts longer than this. BB l/s is longer lasting then this.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/21/2003 7:29:00 PM More reviews by bethmeira

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have such issues with lipstick not staying on for more than 15 minutes. And I really hate having stuff on my lips so getting use to lipstick has been hard. But this stuff is great! It lasts for a few hours if not longer depending on whether I eat or drink something. And it really makes my lips feel like suede. I guess best of all it was free with a coupon I got, but I'd try another color. The color I ended up getting is Rose Taffeta.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/27/2003 10:36:00 AM More reviews by ergi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've had these lipsticks for less than a week, maybe will edit later (*see below*), but I'm pretty happy so far. The colors are beautiful (very accurate swatches on the website) - Sepia Silk is the twin of MAC's Spice liner, Red Velvet is a rich, warm red, and Wine Lace is a neutral plum. Great intensity and staying power. A few problems though - the lipstick clings to any uneven spots, though a lipbrush can fix this. And these dry my lips like mad after several hours, even giving them a shriveled look (wah :P). Moisturizer helps, but then there goes the staying power. *edited* I'm returning these.. the drying problem was just too much. These mattes go on smooth, sink into skin, and dry lips out internally (MAC mattes by comparison only dry the surface).

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2003 4:46:00 AM More reviews by diddyskite

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have this in sepia silk, the texture is so wonderful. It is matte but it's the least drying matte I've ever tried. Soft, it just glides on and somehow has slight 'silicony' sheen to it that give my lips extra dimension. It is also unscented and tasteless, a big plus in my book. I love it, absolutely gorgeous, gorgeous natural pinkish brown.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/3/2003 10:38:00 PM More reviews by abearz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love the way this lipstick feels, the name says it all. I have strawberry blonde hair, blue eyes and fair skin and the Sepia Silk looks great on me. I'm so tired of the gloss look, this is a nice change. Staying power is great.
I've since bought Caramel Cashmere and that is my HG lipcolor.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2003 9:07:00 PM More reviews by amswtr

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this lipstick! It's very creamy feeling but goes on matte on your lips. I bought Pink Tulip, a very pretty nude/pink. I'm definitely going back for more of these. Victoria Secret makes fantastic lipsticks.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2002 2:03:00 PM More reviews by cerland1

Age: Unknown Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This product is great it stays on your lips does not feel heavy. They also have great colors, I have Rose Taffeta, it's a natural light rose color, not to dark and not to light, it's the perfect color. I'f you try it believe me you'll be hooked I know I am. The cost is $15.00 a little more than MAC, but what would you rather buy a good lipstick that stays on, or crap that runs right off you face.