Janet Sartin Lip Sartinizer Lip Balm

4.9

on 10/25/2014 9:51:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

Bought this due to the good reviews. This does work well in healing up the skin on my lips and contributes to them looking smoother. Another perk is that lipstick applies better and pale lipsticks and balms look even. The main ingredients are mineral oil, petrolatum and paraffin so it just sits on skin thus sealing moisture in. I don't think I'd buy this again since it was pretty pricey for something that's main ingredients are mineral oil and wax based. I had miraculous results last winter using petroleum jelly on my lips, healed them up in two days after a months worth of dry skin, so when the Sartinizer balm is finished up I'll stick with that. This does work well I just think it's too much price wise for what it is.

on 2/20/2013 4:44:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

Way at the back of a drawer, I just found an almost-full jar of this fabulous balm. I bought it about 12 years ago at the Janet Sartin store on Park Avenue for what seemed like a huge amount of $$ for lip balm. Am happy to offer this update: It is still as wonderful as ever.

on 7/9/2010 10:49:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

heavenly. expensive. i treasure this little jar. nothing moisturizes quite like it. i use it every night before bed and all chapping or damage from the day before is gone. i would consider this on the level of lip treatment over anything else. my lips are also naturally flush so i can't see any pigment but i still love the stuff. doesn't last long like a chapstick but it doesn't seem like it needs to. i don't know how such simple ingredients work such wonders but they do. it's like vaseline 5000. that was invented 30 years ago.

on 4/29/2008 11:59:00 PM

Hair: Grey, Other, Other

LOVE how this conditions my lips while giving them an ever so slightly baby pink glow. I like the jar better than the tube, however you will only find the jar at certain times of the year.

on 9/28/2007 6:29:00 PM

Love it! It's the best moisturiser for my lips that I've ever found.

on 6/1/2007 9:56:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

The bright fushia pink color may lead you to think this balm will add lots of color. It won't. Instead it is sheer, soothing, with no fragrance, adding the slightest glossy shimmer without any goo. It's pretty on its own or as the base for a lipstick, making any lipstick go on smoother and with a lighter finish. I also wear mine at night as a moisturizing balm. The product is now sold in a more sanitary tube but I still miss the little jars it used to come in. A wonderful product.

I love everything about this!! The color, texture & quality are wonderful!! I sometimes use it on my cuticles too & it gives my nails a wonderful, healthy look.

on 4/5/2007 6:44:00 PM

If you have not tried this lip treatment then you are missing out. It is a wonderful treatment, not greay, butkeeps the lips nice and supple. Do not be afraid of the pink color, it goes on clear.

on 6/24/2004 2:22:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Pricey lip balm, but the color cannot be beat! Hydrates lips while leaving a glossy sheer fuschia finish. The perfect accessory on a hot summer day, to sheer or bronzey makeup, or heavy eye makeup.

on 3/9/2002 1:54:00 PM

This is one of the best balms I have tried. Although Prada is my favorite and Nuxe is a close second, I still can't forget this hot pink Janet Sartin balm (goes on clear). It is very similar to the Prada, a touch thiner and no smell whatsoever. Highly Recommend and I will be still re-purchase. Janet Sartin can be purchased at the Nordstrom in West Los Angeles and Topanga Canyon Mall in California.

Recommended for Medium Skin