October 26, 2014 | 888 users online

Lipstick - Kevyn Aucoin - Expert Lip Tint - Floralia

rated 1 of 5 on 9/29/2010 6:14:00 PM More reviews by taxi

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This gets a "fail" from me because of the poor quality packaging. The lipstick itself is creamy, pleasant, and a deeper than nude color which is flattering on my MAC-rated NW15-20 face.

The case on this does NOT stay closed. The lid falls off in my purse, my make-up drawer, and every place else so nthe bullet is smashed, purse linings are stained, etc. I believe that a lipstick case should stay closed until the user separates the top from the bottom. What a concept!

I purchased another color in this line at the same time & that case has the same problem. I have to keep these 2 lipsticks on my bath counter & restrict them to home application.

Very disappointing.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/11/2010 7:40:00 PM More reviews by karmabum

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I got this off Ebay since it was sold out in Sephora. It is described as a medium flesh color but on me it is just too red/brown and jarring. Not a very flattering color at all. I have an issue finding a red I can wear b/c I am pretty fair but on the warm side. This is not it for me. The only way I can kind of make it work is if I wipe it off after application and then it looks like a muted MLBB tone for me. The product it decent but not for me:(
Still the best red on me (that I have found) is Lipstick Queen Medievel Lip Tint.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2010 7:21:00 PM More reviews by knitsnbytes

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Floralia is a browned, light red, if you paint, kind of a Venetian red. It is natural looking but rosy, so you can wear red even if a good red for you is hard to find. The texture is very soft and soothing. The case is a square lacquered chunk, feels like Japanese lacquerware and very rich. This is the kind of lipstick you can wear every day. No scent or obnoxious flavor. A winner.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2010 4:42:00 PM More reviews by katewrath

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is literally only my SECOND review on MUA, but I HAD to review this lipstick.

I bought it at a 30% discount from my local Sephora -- I'm sure the line isn't discontinued, but I guess they're no longer carrying it and are selling out their stock.

I own a couple KA products that have been just great, but this lipstick is AMAZING. In the store, I thought it was a hair too brown for my skin tone, and even though I bought it, I walked all the way home wondering if I'd let myself be unwisely swayed by the discount.

I get it home, and WOW. It is *very* natural, but it has a cool rose/pink tone that did not show up in the store at ALL. So, so much more flattering (I am a cool-toned PPP) than it had been in the store, and it fades to a very natural flush. Love it!

My only quibble, and it is a minor one: Both this and my other KA lipstick are a little too soft for their packaging, and they start to tip in their base almost immediately. Not the end of the world, but it does seem like a design flaw.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/27/2008 8:19:00 PM More reviews by gna

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My favorite color of the line. The texture and feel of this l/s has been described well enough. On to the color: It's a "flesh" tone, but it leans towards warm. Looks like a muted mix of red-pink-brown-orange on my lips. I'd call it a light, fleshy, warm , barely- there red. It's not overly warm though, and leaves a pretty stain when it wears off. Complements my winter, olive-toned skin well.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/25/2007 12:38:00 PM More reviews by JoanRe101

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Floralia is a very nice pinkish brown lipstick. I find it is slightly too warm for my cool coloring, so I mix it with a tiny bit of a plum lipstick that I have. I would think this color would be a *must have* for someone with a warm, fair/medium skin tone. One a random note, Floralia reminds me of the Nakeds collection that Kevyn Aucoin designed for Ultima cosmetics back in the eighties. (Way back before he became famous.) This lipstick would fit very nicely into that palette.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2007 1:48:00 AM More reviews by ECMac25

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

For a lipstick that is described to be a "flesh" color, this is not the usual beige/nude shade that I was expecting. The previous reviewer mentioned that this is like the color of the inside of your lip, and I agree...when I have this on, I can't tell where my lip begins and where it ends! LOL --- This is possibly the most "natural" lipcolor tone I can pull off. Most are too pale or too brown. I even rub a bit on my cheeks and it gives a hint of rosy peach flush -- like a darker version of NARS "Orgasm" -- this lipstick is truly a chameleon color. It's a must-try. I love Kevyn Aucoin's Lip Stains for their smooth and creamy texture. Unless your lips are very dry/chapped, there's no need for a separate balm underneath. And the color really does stain a bit -- not as intense as liquid stains, but the color never completely fades away. I'm going to look into the other shades available most definitely.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/18/2006 1:21:00 PM More reviews by TsetseFly

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I just bought the new color that came out- it's a true flesh tone color (flip your lower lip over and that's the exact color. I'm a AAB and it really brightens up my face and gives me a glow. I usually wear lip glosses but had the urge to try something more matte- and this is great as it still feels natural since it allows my lip texture to show through. Kind of like a stain. I would buy again but probably would like to try other colors too.