October 25, 2014 | 1637 users online

Loose Powders - Dermablend - Setting Powder (loose & pressed)

rated 2 of 5 on 8/3/2014 9:18:00 PM More reviews by AmyScarlettxo

As much as I love Vichy foundations, this setting powder didn't seem to work well with it, it made it oily and didn't matte it, rimmel stay matte is a better choice and it's only £3.99 compared to this

rated 4 of 5 on 5/15/2014 9:55:00 AM More reviews by ginaxav

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought this powder in cool beige. I wonder if it's changed recently, my packaging looks nothing like the picture. I like it as a finishing powder and the color seems to blend in and vanish. It's just, I could live without it. I love the Cover Cream but I don't use this nearly as much as I thought I would. I got talked into it when I was told the Cover Cream is meant to have this over it for longevity but I really haven't had any problems there and now I mostly use Hourglass powders to finish.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/20/2014 9:32:00 PM More reviews by kassijade

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I have say that I didnt like this powder at all, its almost pure talc, it feels bad putting it on and kinda irritated my eyes if I got some accidently on my lashes, it feel drying but I would have shiny makeup after an hour of putting it on, so no real oil control at all, I would have powder with something else as soon as I got out of the car from my 30 minute morning commute, its not that reasonably priced its practically the same as if you used unscented baby powder, which has the same strength of talc and dryness

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/28/2012 8:01:00 PM More reviews by Boxerface

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I bought this product for my daughter. My daugher had this horrific case of eczema and general rashes. She was in middle school and suffered from the raw red look on her inner arms. After getting the right medication she still had some mild flare ups and some skin that was discolored. Because she is a cheerleader she was embarrassed to go out in public during a game without some kind of body makeup. The dermablend sales women at Macy's in Boston were amazing. They helped my daughter get her confidence back. She no longer needs to use dermablend to cover these areas. She no longer has this awful rash or scarred tissue. Her skin is back to normal and she is doing fantastic. But this stuff is amazing. Honestly I am beyond thankful that there is a company that makes products for people with scars, rashes, blemishes, birthmarks... God Bless Dermablend.

So,now you know the history let me tell you a little about this powder. I do not know what is in it but it lasts. I have tried this powder on top of all my foundations on days that oily ones and this powder really sets the foundation. It is really meant for the dermablend products but it works for me. I do not use this every day. In fact more like once a month on those pms times of slick skin. At first when the sales lady added this to our pile of dermablend products I thought, oh this is just some overpriced powder. No, seriously it is pretty good stuff. Powder does not work the same. I am not sure what is in it, but it works. It truly sets and helps the foundation to last.

I have in in the lightest skin tone color, clear and white. All works wonders.

If you have truly oily skin but you love the way your foundation works. I recommend you try this dermablend powder on top of your foundation. Go on line, u-tube or visit Dermablend to understand how to use it. It can really help your foundation last 12 hours.

Why did I give it 4? Becareful that it does not break you out. Be sure to really remove the powder. I also do not know the ingredients and wonder what else is in it.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/22/2012 1:04:00 AM More reviews by tbastas

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

Good oil controlling powder and make your foundation transfer proof. But this broke me out because it basically contains only 2 ingredients talc and methylparaben. Talc in such a high consistency in a powder can cause break out on sensitive skins. Dermablend also sells a talc-free one that is called numasque talc-free loose setting powder and that is as good as this one and does not break me out!

rated 2 of 5 on 8/4/2012 10:49:00 PM More reviews by gamahocha

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

It doesn't really make a difference to me with regards to how it made my skin look but it did add to the staying power. You have to be patient when applying it though. I'm not very patient and I'm on a hurry a lot so this product isn't for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/6/2012 8:37:00 PM More reviews by breeeezybabyy

Great alternative to the Make Up Forever HD finishing powder

rated 4 of 5 on 7/31/2011 4:21:00 AM More reviews by IreneP

While I'm not crazy about all the other Dermablend products, I really like the Dermablend setting powder. After using a different brand of foundation, I'll dust on this setting powder, and it has a lot of lasting power. It helps keep shine at bay, and I find that I no longer have to reapply my makeup during the day. I just use oil blotting paper a few times during the day to keep the shine away. I used to use the blotting paper constantly, but with this setting powder I don't have to use as many.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/9/2011 5:40:00 AM More reviews by victoriassecrets

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

I use this to set my dermablend cover creme. I have very fair skin, and when I first apply it it makes my skin look grey and dull. However within ten minutes or so it blends with my skin tone and looks very natural. I think it sets well at first but doesn't last the whole day for me, and I don't have particularly oily skin. It is patchy and blotchy by the time I've finished work.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/25/2011 11:46:00 PM More reviews by VictoriaLynn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I like to use this product because I have an oily t-zone and like to use heavy liquid foundation which leaves my face as shiny as they come, but this completely removes the shine and leaves it matte and works very well from keeping the makeup rub off! My only complaint would be that it makes my makeup sometimes look a little uneven and gray in spots.