Nuxe reve de miel - family balm

4.3

on 1/8/2009 8:31:00 AM

This is lovely for very dry areas of skin. It's a little bit like Elizabeth Arden's 8 Hour Cream, but less sticky, which is great. Personally I don't use 8 hour cream anymore because the extreme stickiness, in hot weather especially, gets annoying. This is a good alternative me thinks:-)

Hair: Silver, Straight, Medium

I buy this balm for the family every year. As the name says, it is for the family. It is the only one my excema prone daughter will tolerate when in crisis, my husband that as many husbands hates anything greasy or sticky will admit on his skin when hes has a little "somethin". I put it on my hands, my feet, sunburns, chapped lips, you name it. The smell is wonderful. It looks thick but it actually sinks into your skin. I have oily skin, I know what I say, it likes "evaporates" into your skin, must be the plant oils... I don't find it expensive for the results and the such little amount you need. One thing people should know is that the owner of the brand is the sister of Terry of the divinely exclusive line "By Terry". In France Nuxe is sold in Pharmacys. I don't know in the U.S.

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

This is a very thick, aromatic balm designed for use on sore or tender areas, and very dry areas such as the heels of the feet or the elbows. It can also be used on the lips and as a kickass hand and foot creme, better than neutrogena. The smell is pleasant enough, unisex, medicinal and like it is packed with essential oils. The only thing I would say is that it heats up very fast, and so feels quite greasy like an oil when its on your skin, not tacky like a balm as you'd expect. I found this a problem for itchy skin. Also, the packaging is a blunt tube with a large squeeze dispensor, which means that you can never reach the end of the product fully. Bad value given the astronomic pricetag. A really great product, but i think I could find its equivalent at half the price or less. Pure cocoa butter sticks (the size of thick sticks of chalk) are just as effective at half the price in lots of pharmacies, especially ones who sell afro and american products aswell. Nice if you're only going to use occasionally i suppose...

Popular Body Skincare Products