September 17, 2014 | 1219 users online

Treatments (Eye) - Chanel - Precision Rectifiance Intense Eye

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/11/2009 3:10:00 PM More reviews by murphy817

I've been on a hunt for a eye cream that will DO WHAT IT SAYS IT DOES. Annoyed by all the false hopes, I resorted to Chanel to try their precision eye cream. I didn't like this cream at all. I feel that the texture was way too heavy and made my skin around the eye area look even more tired and crepey. I noticed no difference in my fine lines and dark circles. I've tried other Chanel skincare products and like this one, it doesn't work miracles and for what you pay on Chanel, it should!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/6/2009 2:15:00 AM More reviews by dtm428

I'm actually on my third jar of this product. Very nourishing for the eye area, but not greasy or thick. It feels very gentle on the eyes. Because it's so expensive, I save it for night time use only. One container lasts several months - so the price averages out (I guess).

As with any anti-aging product, the only way to tell if it works is if it can keep the wrinkles away longer. I'm lucky to not have any wrinkles yet - but only time will tell if this product will help me age gracefully.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/12/2009 6:31:00 PM More reviews by Kat75

I've used this eyecream for about 10 months now. I don't notice any significant improvement in my eye area. When I first started using this, the skin around my eyes actually started peeling. I guess that's one of the renewal process. And as I kept using it, the peeling subsided. I no longer experience any of that. However, like I said, there's no significant improvement. Overall, it's an ok eye cream. I think when I finish the jar, I'll probably go with another brand.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/17/2009 11:15:00 AM More reviews by LadyPenelope

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have to second chesney on this cream: it's bad news! I bought it after talking to a friend whom I hadn't seen in five years and whose skin was great. She recommended the entire Precision Rectifiance line, so I went and got the whole thing: eye cream, serum, day cream, night cream. I actually first got just the eye cream, and the rest of the items a few days later. So, at first, I too found the cream moisturizing, but then I noticed that my undereye circles, which are pretty dark from a combination of aging and lack of sleep (I have two toddlers), got quite purple and the skin in the whole eye area was slightly itchy. I figured there's gotta be a reaction to some powerful ingredient, so I stuck it out for a week, hoping my skin would eventually get used to this. It looked progressively drier, as if I was using alcohol or something on it. By the end of the week, it was actually PEELING. I now have skin peeling all around my eyes, even between my eyes, on my nose, where I got some of the cream accidentally. This stuff is clearly powerful, but in the wrong way. My eye area is still irritated, and I feel crazy for not stopping right away. I haven't been able to wear concealer for four days because it just looks disastrous combined with the peeling skin.

I should note that I've never responded to cosmetics in this way except when I tried RoC with retinoids, and then my skin did get used to the product after a while.

From reading the reviews here, I have to confirm that all the bad ones correspond to my experience. Clearly this cream isn't for everyone.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/20/2009 11:24:00 AM More reviews by chesney

I feel like warning people not to use this but since a lot of people like it I guess it's something you have to try for yourself. I wish I'd never put this on my skin. It does seem moisturizing at first but after using it 3 times I noticed how horrible my skin under my eyes was looking. I think maybe it did more damage and deepened/added some wrinkles. So far the Chanel eye creams I've tried have been the worst I've used. No more Chanel skin products for me! I'm looking for a non-irritating eye cream. I'm almost ready to give up on anti-age creams, too irritating and damaging for my skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/18/2009 4:50:00 PM More reviews by Poppylovee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

As of right now, this is my HG eye cream. I am young and probably don't need an eye cream such as this one, that is supposed to fight lines and such. But, I do have a problem with lines right under my eyes, especially when I haven't gotten enough sleep. I also have very dry skin around my eyes and always have to use an eye cream. I am now on my third jar of this, I like it that much! It moisturizes wonderully, both morning and night (as in, it works well under my makeup during the day). I also love the way it sinks in right away. I will probably be buying a fourth jar of this soon, and another after that.. unless I find something absolutely out-of-this-world amazing that I like better than this- which is highly unlikely.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/11/2008 4:58:00 PM More reviews by trackypup

Love this eye cream!! it started as a sample for me and then I found a full size jar at a good price on e:bay. I immediately noticed a difference in the puffyness under my eyes. The SA at Chanel said it would probably take two full size jars before I noticed the crows feet going away. I already think there's a difference in my frown lines on my forehead and would definitely repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/11/2008 11:52:00 AM More reviews by abfabjeanius

I think this is a good eye cream in the sense that it is moisturizing and feels substantial enough to moisturize the eye area, yet not too heavy. It sort of "sinks in" after application. However, as far as reducing any wrinkles or making the eye area look better in general, I have not noticed any significant improvement. Granted, I am in my late 20's and only have a few fine lines around the eye area, but I did not notice any improvement in them. For that, I lowered the rating to a 3.

Overall, I would repurchase for a general eye cream for the winter months if I didn't find something I liked better. continued >>

rated 1 of 5 on 8/24/2008 1:58:00 PM More reviews by msapali

I purchased this after reading the great reviews about it here. How long did it take for you to get results from this? I've been using this for almost 2 weeks now hoping it's magic would start working, but NOTHING. This eye treatment doesn't do anything for me. I hate how the cream dries at the crease of your eye leaving a white line on your eye lid. I haven't noticed any puffiness go away or decrease in lines. Actually, I feel like I've gotten more lines and puffiness on my eyes since using this! I feel like it makes my eyes look swollen. Guess I'm still on the lookout for the best eye treatment.....

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/19/2008 9:01:00 AM More reviews by luluhalabaloo

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have been trying everything in my search for a new eye cream. Lately, my eyes have become so much more sensitive, and I am developing very thin fine lines under the eye, as well as puffiness and darkness. If I use nothing, I get really dark and puffy and it is not pretty. I normally trust Chanel but Sublimage Eye made my eyes swell almost shut. I have used Eye Lift and the old formula Rectifiance before and loved both. I had a sample of Rectifiance Intense Eye and have been using it for a couple of weeks now. I have to say, this is my HG of eye creams. It takes away the puffiness, reduces the darkness, smoothes out the lines, does not irritate my sensitive eyes, keeps my eyes moisturized, and I can put it on before makeup as it sinks in quickly. This is the one. I don't know why I bother to stray from Chanel.