October 1, 2014 | 1179 users online

Lipstick - Bobbi Brown - Brown

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/2/2013 6:04:00 PM More reviews by ECMac25

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I don't love this one as much as "Brownie", but it's a very handy shade to have around to pair with smokey eye or strong cheek colors. It's also a good neutral shade to layer with brighter lipsticks to tone them down if needed. This is Bobbi Brown's signature color, so that's why she named it "Brown" - more after her last name rather than the actual color. It's more of a nude shade and not dark or muddy like the name suggests.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/6/2011 3:44:00 PM More reviews by laqueron1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

For a long time I thought this lipstick was a big no no. But one day, on a whim, I wanted to give this a shot because they highly recommended it for Tan skins. I tried it and I was AMAZED. It literally became my favorite lipstick. I look polished, and glam without trying too hard. It's kind of tough for me with lipsticks because with many of them it's a hit or miss due to my pigmented lips. Not only are they pigmented they are somewhat two toned (I say somewhat because it all depends on the angle and the amount of coverage per lipstick). I like teaming this with NARS Turkish Delight or chihuahua.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2007 4:50:00 AM More reviews by FrancesNolan

This is my HG MLBB shade.The staying power is great and I don't find it drying at all.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2007 10:42:00 PM More reviews by chickeeduck

My HG! Bobbi Brown lipsticks have the best range of colors in any makeup line. The colors are spectacular.
This Brown is more of a muted everyday pink that adds a hint of color on the lips. It actually lasts long, and topped with a lip gloss, it will last close to six hours on me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2007 3:28:00 PM More reviews by nechama22

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was looking for a new lipstick color and "Brown" was recommended to me by the saleswoman at the Bobbi Brown counter. I have VERY fair skin, dark-brown hair and brown eyes.

When the salesperson said the word "brown," I thought "YUCK," but this is a beautiful color - not really brown at all. I tried it on my hand and I really fell in love with it. It was a nice, soft nude, but it had enough pigment so it wasn't too light and washed-out. I used to wear nudes all the time, but over the past few years I have switched over to mauves and berries and I have gotten used to them. This gave me good color, but it was subtle.

One big surprise about this lipstick was the nice smell. I am a huge fan of Bobbi Brown cosmetics. I think they are overpriced, but you really do get what you pay for and I have never been dissatisfied with the quality of any of their products. The only complaint I have is that their lipsticks reek! I can't stand the smell of them! (I admit that part of my draw to MAC lipsticks is not only the great coverage, but the excellent vanilla scent). Bobbi Brown's lipsticks tend to smell like wax. But the "Brown" I purchased had a nice, subtle minty smell that reminded me of an Aveda lipstick I wore in high school. Finally Bobbi heard the desperate cries from her devoted fans asking for her to put some happy smell into her lipsticks! Hooray!

The saleswoman at the counter suggested using "Nude" or "Bare" liner with the "Brown" and said the "Nude" would offer more of a pink to the lipstick color. I tried both liners and liked the "Nude" better, so I went with that one. The lipstick and the liner compliment each other very well.

Next, I was on to gloss, because I ALWAYS like to have a gloss over my lipstick and as she was deciding which one would go best, I spotted "Rose Sugar" and tried it over the lipstick and it was perfect.

I spent $87.00 at Bobbi Brown that day (2 liners (I needed to replace my "Plum," the lipstick, and the gloss). I almost fell on the floor when she rang up the total, but I was on vacation and I went home a happy, albeit broke girl. :)

UPDATE - This color is really a staple in my makeup bag now. I thought I lost it and actually cleaned out my wreck of a purse to find it - and NOTHING makes me clean out my purse. Turns out it was on my dresser! Thank G-d! I was so relieved.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/13/2006 3:34:00 AM More reviews by MoiBelle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Recived this from a swap and I must say i'm really impress it is a perfect balance of pink and brown it goes on very natural looking on my lips and most of all it is matte, does not dry my lips

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2006 7:48:00 PM More reviews by makeunder

I love this color and almost finished it. This is a lighter fresher version of Brownie. There is just a tad more pink in this than Brownie. Lately I have been pairing this with Nars Stolen Kisses for the chocolate look of fall. Alone this gives me the perfect natural look when I am doing an all matte polished look. Def rebuy.