October 1, 2014 | 2015 users online

Cleansers - Aveda - Outer Peace Foaming Cleanser

rated 5 of 5 on 4/1/2014 4:58:00 PM More reviews by Arrosynn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This product is AH-MAZING. I purchased it when I was working for Aveda a year ago and holy crap, best thing I have ever used. My skin wasn't horrible, but I have a fairly oily t-zone and I also was having some breakouts that were really red and painful. So I decided to try this, and wow what a difference. I love how light it is and the smell of it is awesome. The idea of a pump was really convenient, turning the liquid to foam. I noticed a difference in my skins appearance after only a couple of uses. I wish they would come out with a bigger size of this, it's the best thing ever, but the price on it is so high! =( Overall though, what an excellent cleanser, very impressed Aveda!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2014 1:32:00 PM More reviews by lgerdeman

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

My skin loves this - I've tried it all, high end to low end. Nothing works nearly this well! Everything cleared up within a week or two. I use this with the pads and lotion. My skin breaks out with every-single-thing, but not this. It also makes my skin squeaky clean without feeling tight.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/5/2013 12:55:00 AM More reviews by Bellona

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm surprised that I actually like this. I have sensitive but acne prone skin, with redness across my cheeks and nose. Recently I've been struggling with hormonal acne on my jawline and lower cheeks. It's more like whiteheads and blackheads than large cystic pimples. Except for my one monthly pimple, that can be a doozie.
I'm super sensitive to fragrance and anything too harsh or drying. So I expected this to irritate me and cause more redness. It doesn't! It's very gentle yet effective in cleansing and preventing breakouts.
I can't say it makes a huge difference, it hasn't cleared up my skin entirely because I have hormonal acne so it's not very cooperative to treatment.
I don't find it drying, and it gets most of my makeup off except if I wear waterproof eyeliner.
The only negative is it really doesn't last long. At $35 a bottle here in Canada, it only lasted me a 6-8 weeks. My other cleanser from Natura Bisse last me months.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/4/2013 4:42:00 PM More reviews by Star2008

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Since I have acne-prone skin, I was experimenting with different cleanser and thought I need something mild, non-abrasive, gentle on my face. This product was definetely very mild but I think its very expensive for what it offers. It didnt avoid new break-outs or change the condition of adult cystic acnes and whiteheads at all...maybe not meant to do so. I will not buy this again and rather wash my face with cetaphil face bar or clean-n-clear face wash and get same results.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/10/2012 3:49:00 AM More reviews by sebloch

Very nice facial cleaner that's non drying and good for my spot prone skin. It doesn't work a miracle by itself but in conjunction with benzoyl peroxide it has cleared my skin up nicely. I use it with the Outer Peace pads on some nights and the blemish lotion to follow.
Expensive, but I like it.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2012 11:11:00 PM More reviews by zofiaarodriguez

I love this product, it leaves your face feeling very clean, helps with acne and doesn't dry out your skin. I'm on my second bottle of it and I will probably keep buying it, only problem (like all Aveda products) it is very expensive.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/1/2011 7:39:00 PM More reviews by Sharb40r

I always take into consideration where someone is coming from when reading a review. So, if like me, you find yourself in your mid 40s, still getting acne on a very regular basis, but find typical cleansers for acne prone skin too harsh and drying, then this is definitely the cleanser for you. I typically don't like spending this much on cleanser, but my skin is great with this product. I'd rather spend money now then on a scar removal treatment later.

If I keep it down to one pump each morning and night, I can keep one bottle for 4 months.

A criticism I've read from others and have experienced myself are complaints about this products ability to remove make up. It does depend on the type of makeup you wear, but if I moisten my face first, wash for at least a minute then use a good soft, preferably microfiber face cloth, I get it all off. On nights I'm taking off a heavier face I'll use a make up removing wipe or I will wash twice. Using less product the second time.
I always follow with a toner to make sure my skin is clear.

My skin, other than a rare hormonal outbreak has never been better!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/9/2011 2:47:00 AM More reviews by MissMermaid

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Sooo I have been very disappointed with Aveda face products in the past and was reluctant to try this one. I love foam cleansers and Purity is my usual go to but for some reason ( target marketing) I was swayed by the name and hope for a greater calm..and this one delivered! I consider $10 for
a travel size fairly exorbitant , however again this is *Aveda* we are talking about. I love the scent and I really liked the way my skin was softer after
using this. No cleanser has yet to get all the foundation from my visage, so I followed up with the First Aid clearing pads and Voila! Happy skin for me...

rated 1 of 5 on 3/7/2011 5:22:00 AM More reviews by sophie6412

I hated this cleanser, it is the worst cleanser especially for this price. I bought if for about HKD$300/ USD$37.50 and it did absolutely nothing for my acne or my oily skin. I bought it after a friend of mine recommended it to me. I bought the whole 4 step regimen and the cooling masque and for the first few weeks I found my skin was a little less oily but my acne was still the same. After a few weeks my acne was more noticeably red and bigger. You could also see a lot of oil around it! My face was still very oily and was only getting worse. So I stopped and started cleaning my face with just water and also putting on my old acne topical treatment. My acne has gotten much better since I stopped maybe a few weeks ago? I'm not sure. I definitely will not be purchasing this again!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/16/2010 1:53:00 PM More reviews by miz16

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've been using this with the Outer Peace Acne lotion for several weeks now and I can honestly say it works. My face gets clearer every day and less new pimples are developing. Smells fantastic and it works.