October 24, 2014 | 1650 users online

Hair Styling Tools - Vidal Sassoon - Ionic Hair Dryer

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/20/2012 12:51:00 PM More reviews by lygophilia

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've had this hair dryer for about 9 months and love it!! It dries my hair super quickly and leaves it very shiny and smooth. Like others reviewers have mentioned it is larger model, but for it's size it considerably light weight. This has been a great investment for only $20.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/2/2010 6:17:00 PM More reviews by longereyelashes

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

As other reviewers have said, this is a very loud blow dryer. You can't hear the TV over it. Also it's huge. I prefer the short compact kind like at motels. The air doesn't come out very hard and if you're klutzy like me you might notice that the vent area at the top falls off easily if you drop the dryer. I finished it off a couple weeks ago by dropping it off the dresser. It made a whining noise and died. :(

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/4/2010 4:59:00 PM More reviews by forcedorgasm

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

i just bought this dryer today at walmart for $20canadian.
OMG. i love it.. so much! i washed my hair and semi dried it w this dryer.. my hair felt way smoother than drying it with a normal dryer(i was using an andis travel dryer prior to this gem)
i then used a round brush to completely dry and style the rest of my hair.. omg, my hair looks soo fake! in a great way!

it looks soo healthy! the concentrator it comes with is great as well..
the cool shot takes a bit to actually get cool. i dont like the on/off/high/low switch, it's not easy to press, then again practice can eliminate that problem. i put the ion switch at the back of the dryer on high.. im not sure if it actually makes a diff... i love this dryer. it's light and not too noisy.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/4/2009 1:14:00 AM More reviews by prettyreika

The only thing I don't love this dryer is that it's toooooo noisy. I have the habit to take showers in the midnight. You can see I can't use it coz I'm afraid to wake up my parents.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/4/2009 12:24:00 AM More reviews by Bsheth86

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I have had this dryer for a couple of months because my older VS dryer died on me after several years (the purple and black one that folds). Price is very cheap- 15 bucks at Walmart. However, the quality is equally cheap. This works okay ..takes a longer time to dry my hair than my older one. It is also heavy. The writing on it is already chipping off, where it names all the settings. Overall...its okay for right now since I am a college student on a budget. I won't be purchasing this again.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/15/2008 9:20:00 PM More reviews by lvlover23

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Hazel

Gives a nice shiny finish to my hair. Loved all the settings. Unfortunately, after about a year of use, mine broke. It no longer blows out hot air, only cold.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/5/2006 9:12:00 PM More reviews by wild4pigs

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Just bought this dryer today. I have been using it on and off at the gym (provided). Really like how my hair looks after I style it there. So much more volume. I have short curly hair, and have been using the now defunct "curly top" dryer from conair. Kinda a diffuser type dryer. This one gives major volume and drys my hair fast. Got three compliments today alone. Same hairstyle different dryer??? I will update after using at home for awhile. Cheap 14.95 at Walmart.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2005 1:00:00 PM More reviews by goodbatteries

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I LOVE this dryer! Made my hair shiny and gave it tons of volume, way more than I was getting with my old dryer. Dries faster too. I'm in love!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/8/2004 12:38:00 PM More reviews by sexaysmama

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have only used this dryer once so far but, I like it. I must have had a terrible dryer before because this one seems pretty quite to me. I have very long thick hair extensions so this dryer was a little heavy to blow dry my whole head but, I do have the Hair Made blow dryer stand (which by the way I LOVE!), so it was ok. It did seem to cut down on the frizz. I am not sure it was any faster but I will update this review after I use it a couple more times. Overall I like this dryer & the price was good.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/29/2004 8:29:00 PM More reviews by Optikon

This thing IS loud! And it's got no "balls". The air comes out kind of weakly. And the cold shot button cools down too late, and goes only to warm, not cold (some do go cold. My last dryer, a Conair did). This is not the best dryer I've ever had. But not the worst either. Will I repurchase? Absolutely not. This is a very mediocre dryer. I am thinking of investing in a pro dryer. But I don't have the $$ for that right now.