October 20, 2014 | 1920 users online

Lips - Urban Decay - Lip Envy Stain in Greedy

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2012 2:59:00 AM More reviews by amanda1313

Love the colour. It actually stains and it looks so beautiful. The best stain I have purchased.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/15/2012 7:17:00 PM More reviews by dreamsecurity

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is better than some, but definitely not a HG purchase for me. I love the color (a jewel-like, seductive berry) and the little pot and wand applicator is better than a roll-on. Like most stains, it easily gathers at the edges of your lips, so you have to take care to touch it up every few hours and especially after you first apply it.

I'll buy again until I find a better formula elsewhere, but overall, it's not a bad product at all.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/5/2011 7:38:00 PM More reviews by Magixz

Compared to all the other lip stains out there, Urban Decay is by far the very best! This goes on smooth and evenly, unlike all the others. This one actually last for several hours, unlike all the others, and this one has a better applicator. All the pen stains apply to the bottom lip okay but when I try to apply it to my top lip, it is as though the pens are empty of stain and nothing hardly goes on. UD is not like that. The little brush allows me to get equal color on top and bottom. It smells great and taste good too. Most of the pen stains I have tried and I think I have tried them all, taste like a color crayon!
Now for the color of Greedy. I love it! I have med. skin tones with green eyes and this color is perfect for me. It looks more of a ruby red color in the container but once on my lips a lovely purple hue shows up. I think it must have hints of blue that I always find nice. If you have not tried this shade because you think it is just too bold, give it a try. Once the immediate stain has worn down a bit, it soothes down to a lovely light rosy/purple tint color. Got to love it!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/26/2011 3:31:00 AM More reviews by coldwarkid

I got this as part of the UD Survival Set. I'm glad I did because I would never purchase this in full. This is too harsh for any one, if you put it on your lips on its own, you'd look like a vampire who just had her dinner. Extremely red color. And no matter what I do, whether I put too little or too much gloss, I'd get this permanent-looking dot on the area of my lips where the tip of the applicator initially touched it. In the end, I would have to remove it again, wasting some of the gloss I had applied with it. And since I couldn't bear just throwing it away without finding any other use for it, I thought, hmm why don't I use it as a cheek stain. And lo and behold, it is the most awesome cheek stain you'd ever have. However, do make sure that you have put your moisturizer on (easier blending) and you apply it with a damp sponge. Make sure that the consistency is okay (not too dry but ideally a little wetter than "damp') otherwise, you're gonna end up with clown cheeks. A little goes a long way. I tried putting a small amount of this on my cheeks and dusted powder on, a friend of mine actually said. "I like your cheeks, it's reddish looking, what supplements have you been taking?" Lol. I just said it's natural, white lie I know but what she doesn't know won't hurt her. As a cheek stain, great staying power. I live in Manila, and during the day it can get so hot that if you're out on the street, anything you put on your face would melt away. That's probably why my friend thought that it's natural since we were sweating and all that and my cheeks still looked as fresh as it did when I initially stepped out of the house. This tastes and smells like vanilla, really good vanilla. I'm surprised actually of how good it smells and tastes especially since I'm the type of person who is sensitive with weird smelling/tasting cosmetics. And the type of person who'll never buy any product again if it tasted and smelled out of whack.
I gave it a 3 because this is marketed as a lip stain and that would be my rating for it, if it's a cheek stain, I'd give it a 4, minus one lippie because applying it is too much of a hassle, as is with all cheek tints out there. Buy and use this as a cheek stain, you won't regret it.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/23/2011 1:29:00 PM More reviews by sunday1966

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

Not exactly the most natural color I've ever seen in my life but certainly a decent lipstain. It's pigmented, the coverage is great, it's long lasting and matte. Another pro is that it's not as drying as other lipstains. The color is suitable for tanned to very dark skintones but might be a bit too much for fairer skins.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2010 11:43:00 AM More reviews by chinaviolet

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have to review this product because it has been my HG lipcolor since it came out in 2006. For once I bought it before it became well known and sold out everywhere that first fall. It is a beautiful sheer purple/pink/berry shade, which you can darken to a dark purple with enough layering. One layer is enough for decent color, two is enough for a dramatic look. The one problem with this stain is that it can stick to any ridges or dry areas of lips, which is typical of all stains. Where it deviates from a real stain is that it does not overdry lips, which is a huge bonus, but it does have the staying power (almost) of a true stain.

To counteract the possibility of this turning patchy, just apply one of the drier balms before this stain. Right now I am using EOS and it is perfect. It is not a color for someone who looks better in warm tones - this is a true cool-toned color and looks best on very cool skintones.

The bottle and applicator are too cute - I can't even remember how many people have grabbed it out of my hand to look at it if I apply in public. As for the color - I seem to have hit on the perfect one for me b/c I have gotten tons of compliments on it from both men and women.

My favorite thing about this product - it lasts forever! For a product that is now $17 - I can get about six months of use from it if I apply twice daily. That is really a good value - you can get as much use from this as about three lipstick tubes and at that price it is the same or cheaper than drug store values.

To sum up - try this one if you are looking for a dark pink/purple shade that will last and is easy on your wallet.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/3/2009 3:00:00 AM More reviews by Heechul

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I like lip stains, but this one is a bit too much for me.
I either have to put on a little, very very little, but usually still have to end up using my finger to blend things out. When I put on too much, I have to use my finger to blend it out so the color is even.
When I put on too little, I still have to use my finger to blend it all over my lips. For me there isn't a happy medium, but this just may be a human error with my method of application.

At the same time, this is definetely the lip stain for you if you want it to be long lasting!
I went to bed with it on, and woke up with it still there.

It lasted through breakfast too! My makeup remover didn't even help too much with removing... Definetely stays true to a strong stain.

A bit too strong for me!

But it doesn't have a bitter taste like Envious (the pink one) did for me. Perhaps reformulation or just difference in the two?

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2009 11:47:00 PM More reviews by litachuck

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm really glad I tried this. It's not drying like other stains I've tried and has a short-lived, cooling/tingly sensation that was really cool. the vanilla scent is nice, but very light. The berry color is really pretty, and has a good amount of pink in it along with the purple. It is not very sheer or subtle, even if I only use one coat. With two coats as directed, I get a really nice color for weekends or nights out. I have worn this to work too, and while the stain did fade after a few hours (4 or 5), it didn't flake or turn neon bright (like the mark lip stains did to me) as it disappeared. I will purchase this again when I run out.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/27/2009 1:59:00 AM More reviews by llumi

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is the same formula they used to have, different bottle. I think the old name was Spank. This applies much easier than the older 'magic marker' lip stains. It's got a 'sponge' type applicator, similar to concealers.

The initial application color is FABULOUSLY BRILLIANT (love the color) then when you eat/drink something it of course comes off and just acts as the 'stain' it's supposed to. I found it to be more forgiving when you blot your lips. You don't get that 'line' of dark and light. It doesn't flake off but when it's faded to stain you do tend to get the darker hue lip liner ring. I tried the apply/blot/apply/blot thing I've seen people talk about and this does work well to build up the stain and avoid the lip liner ring.

I did find that it hung on to tissue paper. So using a paper towel was a better option for the blotting. With 3 apply/blots it lasted (on me) about 4 hours. Gradually fading until it looked like I had nothing on. I still had to reapply after eating/drinking if I wanted the darker stain again.

My lips weren't as dry as with most other 'stains'. I tend to go through lipstick/stain quick and have to reapply ofter though. Not Holy Grail worthy but decent and will use a lot. Note: I haven't tried it with lip liner all over lips first. I will need to try that.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/20/2008 10:46:00 PM More reviews by marisah

First of all, this color isn't for the faint of heart. It is a real deep red/burgundy. It's bold to say the least. I usually stick to more normal bright reds, but figured this wasn't that far of a departure from that and to give it a shot.
i REALLY love this. the color is dark, but gorgeous. It stays on forever. I found that if you put a clear gloss over it soon after it dries, it doesn't fade unevenly like some other reviews said.
My only problem is the applicator. A brush, instead of the felt tip would make it easier to apply evenly.