April 20, 2014 | 968 users online

Eye Shadow - Ben Nye - Lumiere Grande Colour in Amethyst

rated 5 of 5 on 7/11/2009 2:32:00 PM More reviews by summon_the_rain

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Aside from my bizarre UD fetish (LOL), I'm really developing a fondness for Ben Nye's e/s. This stuff is so richly-pigmented, and it stays put all day long without creasing, bleeding or fading. This is velvety rich and smooth and easy to apply, and it's even more intense when you apply it wet around your eyes and then smoke it out. I RIS, but I've looked up Ben Nye's e/s to purchase some more online, and the price is a lot cheaper than MAC, and is a lot better than MAC e/s. I will gladly buy this colour, along with other BN e/s again !

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/9/2008 10:04:00 AM More reviews by goldenbrown

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I really love the feel, pigment and lasting power of this shadow. I applied this at 8.20AM, forgot to take it off at night - it lasted right through to the next night - I went to sleep at around 11ish and it was still on, as vivid as ever!

I got lots of compliments on this colour, it really is stunning, but Im afraid it might be a little too bright, for my PPP summer skintone. I would love to try some more in more muted shades - these shadows are the most amazing shadows ever!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2008 4:29:00 PM More reviews by BuffyDaLipGlossEater

Amethyst is a deep, and very rich purple color. As a previous reviewer stated, there is no blue, pink, or red in this; it's just a straight deep purple.
It would work incredibly well for a deep grape smoky eye. It looks great paired with golds, shimmery yellows, lighter purples, pinks, and orange for those who love color. Or for those less daring, a deep purple liner to enhance the eye. Like most Lumieres, this has a slight sheen but it's not pearly.
It's definitely worth looking at if you get a chance.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/19/2007 6:07:00 PM More reviews by mljohnson123

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Amethyst is a straight-on purple with a subtle frost. No red, wine, or pink. The shade is so, so Flori Roberts or Fashion Fair. I plan to use as blush. Been searching for a medium-deep, true(no red or wine) purple. It's hard to come by these days. Everybody has pinks. Finely milled. Packed with pigment. A tiny bit covers the apples of my cheeks. Huge blush sized-pot for only ($9).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/15/2006 9:41:00 AM More reviews by supko

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Another great shade in the awesome Grande Lumiere line! (I can't recall if it's Grande Lumiere or Lumiere Grande right now, hmm.....) Amethyst is a medium-deep vibrant pink-tinged purple. It's more on the red/pink side of grape than the blue side. I love this color with golds & ambers -- I paired this with Urban Decay Rust (soft gold/peach/green iridescent shade) for a soft-smoky look. It would also look great with cooler shades like fuchsia, sapphire or black. The Grande Lumieres are all a soft shimmer/frost finish, and super-blendable. And mad cheap too! :) continued >>