December 20, 2014 | 1130 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Bath and Body Works - Exotic Coconut

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/7/2014 2:00:00 AM More reviews by larosedechanel

I found Exotic Coconut out of the blue & was so excited because I've been obsessed with Bath & Body Works lately. It cost $9.50 & on the label, it reads: Toasted coconut folded into sweet cream. What I love about this is how it smells like a coconut & nothing else—an actual, natural-smelling coconut. It's subtly sweet & not made to smell like coconut-flavored something. I read a lot of people had a bad reaction &/or a burning sensation upon application… thankfully, this did not bother my skin at all. Even though coconut is typically a "beach" scent for summer, it's truly warm & will work during the fall/winter months, too. I like to wear it after bathing to moisturize my skin & to smell good. An entire day after application, I can still smell this on me. If I could find it, I'd repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/2/2014 10:53:00 PM More reviews by Jeska222

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I purchased this product because I love coconut scents, and actually loved the "suntan" smell this reminded me of. Luckily I got each bottle for only 4 dollars...unfortunately I bought 4 of them. This lotion burns on my skin very badly for about 5 or 10 minutes after applying. I thought I was going crazy and found this site. Gave a couple of stars for the scent, which I love, but that is all. I will use up the 4 bottles but definitely would not buy again. Too bad.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/2/2013 4:09:00 PM More reviews by marquita19

Love this stuff. I am a huge coconut scent fan and this is the best most sophisticated coconut I have smelled. It smells more like sun tan lotion than the fruity pina colada types of coconut I have smelled and thats what distinguishes this from the other fragrances. Its perfect for summer or even in the winter if you want to feel like you are on vacation. I purchased this at the SAS for $3 but when I run out I will definitely buy again. None of the other BBW coconut scents have come close to this for me.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/30/2013 11:00:00 AM More reviews by lyelah

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I am really glad I'm not the only one having the burning sensation when using this product. I thought something was wrong with me! I do not have overly sensitive skin when it comes to lotions and body sprays but when I use this product, I feel like my skin is on fire. I'm just really glad I got it for $3, on clearance, otherwise I think I would have been mad. I definitely won't be buying this one again!

rated 2 of 5 on 6/16/2013 5:36:00 PM More reviews by Vickybliss

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The only scent I bought in the semi-annual sale at BBW. Lovely scent, burns the heck out of my skin right after a shower though. Looks like others have been having issues too. The shower gel is OK though on my skin.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/27/2013 8:52:00 AM More reviews by Laurelwood

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Wow, I'm so glad I found this review.. I thought there was something wrong with me since I experienced burning of the skin with this lotion too.. I'm not sure if it's from the high concentration of alcohol in the product as I usually felt the "burning" sensation when I used it directly after I showered. I don't think I'll be repurchasing this one again..

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/5/2012 6:40:00 AM More reviews by eyesopen33

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I would give this product a 5 if it did not have any chemical preservatives in it. The scent is very nice for a coconut product and not at all too sweet. I am still trying to find an all natural product in the coconut range, but until I find one, I will keep using this product.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/14/2011 2:57:00 PM More reviews by Jexka

I've had this lotion sitting around forever in my stash but I've only just gotten around to using it. I'm glad I did, though, because I love this scent! It's a more natural-smelling coconut scent than many other products. It still has a little bit of a fruity smell to it, but overall this is a very warm coconut scent that isn't overpowered by fruity or floral notes. I think the smell is great for all seasons. Coconut is usually seen as a more summery smell, but since this is a warmer scent, it's also great for the fall and winter. The smell is quite strong, which I love, but if you prefer your lotion to have a lighter fragrance, this one might not be the best for you.
As far as the consistency, it's not too light or greasy, but it's not as thick as a body butter. I have normal skin, and it works well to keep me soft and hydrated throughout the day.
Definitely recommend to coconut lovers!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2011 2:14:00 AM More reviews by InvisibleFae

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Exotic Coconut is one of my favorite scents ever...but I don't love the whole line of products. For some reason, the scent in the lotion is STRONG. Like, really super strong. I still enjoy the scent once it's calmed down a bit, but it's just too much in the lotion. I stick to the cream and body butter. Other than that, I love the toasted coconut scent—it has a touch of sweetness without being too sweet, and there aren't other scents overwhelming the coconut. Just a subtle, gorgeous toasted coconut scent. P.S. Weirdly enough, I hate the taste of coconut. I also hate the beach. But I love coconut scents. Who knows?

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/31/2011 2:11:00 PM More reviews by xleahcarx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This scent is strong and over whelming but, I like it. I used to live in an apartment where people smoked and this helped mask the smell. So I grew to like it.