July 25, 2014 | 1097 users online

Mascara - Almay - One Coat Nourishing Mascara Triple Effect - Waterproof

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/8/2014 7:28:00 PM More reviews by alison_k

This was a very problematic product from the start. I hate the wand, with long bristles on one side and short on the other. I end up accidentally flicking blobs of mascara all over my face with this brush setup.

The formulation is thick and very dry, and is a hassle to apply evenly. There would be huge clumps of product interspersed with a thinner liquid, it was like trying to apply lumpy cake batter to my lashes! It is waterproof, but that is the only good thing about this.

I won't even finish this tube, I will probably end up throwing this away.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/27/2014 6:01:00 PM More reviews by hebrides

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I was inspired to buy this by the favourable reviews, and I saw it for 30% off. I have to say I had high hopes, but it didn't do a good job for me. I liked the shape of the brush with long bristles on one side and short on the other, and I liked the rather dry consistency because it seemed I was defining each lash. The overall effect was just mediocre. With one, two or three coats there was no volume at all. I do want long lashes but not as thin as needles. So in order to even go out of the house I had to add another brand on top. Always mixing mascaras to get a decent look. I get so tired of this and hoped to find the perfect mascara. Still waiting. I mean this would work if you already have nice lashes and just want some precision and length. I would never buy it again. I should have known better as I've never loved any of Almay's products but I still keep trying.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/10/2012 8:56:00 PM More reviews by missuniverse

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really like this product! It would help my lashes stay black and not go under my eyes until bedtime. I liked that it made my lashes not look heavy it made them look natural , and soft (which they were very soft,) not like most products that clump them together and feel horrible. I can not believe that the product has bad reviews I have thick eyelashes ,black eyelashes too, so I really don't know what thick means because that really doesn't apply to me.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/22/2012 1:05:00 AM More reviews by stephyrm12

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

okay, so i only use waterproof mascaras because i have very weak asian lashes that cannot hold a curl. this does not hold a curl even tho it is waterproof. it makes my lashes look very soft though, unlike any other mascara, but doesnt do much else.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2012 1:21:00 PM More reviews by flowerlover

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is the ONLY WP mascara that has ever given me lashes that stay long and curled!!! It does get gloopy as you use it, but I just wipe that off and it does fine. Unfortunately, I can't find it any more and think it has been discontinued. :( No other brand I have tried recently have come close to this great product.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/17/2011 1:44:00 AM More reviews by hellokittyfan1974

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Overall this product is just average. I did't really thicken my lashes all that much but it a pretty decent job being waterproof.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/6/2011 9:41:00 AM More reviews by dddoxie

whaaa??? I'm shocked this got such low reviews. I layer this over CGLBV and it gives my lashes a lovely full, feathery affect. I found that if I don't scrape the excess off the brush, it works much better.

It has never smudged or flaked off and definately lasts all day, even in hot/humid weather.

I'm glad I stocked up on this while it was 75% off at CVS recently, because it's a great staple item for me now.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/6/2011 2:00:00 AM More reviews by AudB

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I had been using this as an everyday wp mascara. The staying power is awesome -- no flakes, no smudges, no sign of raccoon eyes even after 12 hours. However, it is very goopy and tends to make clumps if you don't get most of the product off the brush. The brush has a side with shorter bristles and a side with longer bristles. The longer bristle side is the worst for goopiness and clumpiness, so I was only using the shorter side, which worked well.

The biggest drawback, though, is that this mascara is incredibly difficult to remove. I cannot use any eye products with mineral oil, so I couldn't hit it with that, but it took forever to remove even using facial cleanser. I never really felt like I had it all off.

I would not buy this again, and I'm still on the search for my HG everyday wp mascara.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/4/2011 9:14:00 PM More reviews by Hali87

I wanted to like this, but it just wasn't meant to be. I've always loved that Almay is hypoallergenic and also cruelty-free. I've had great success with their eyeshadow and powder foundation, but this product left much to be desired.

I generally am not a fan of 'wetter' mascaras and prefer the drier ones - so this mascara instantly was a bit of a disappointment when I opened it up, but I was determined to give it a shot. Further disappointment ensued.. The formula had a glue-like consistency that clung thickly to the brush, which I found very awkward and difficult to use. Application was a disaster. I have thin, short lashes and the thicker formula caused massive, unnatural looking clumps.

The only good thing I have to say about this is that the staying power was decent. Having oily skin, I find that many waterproof mascaras don't stick to the lashes that well, preferring instead to smudge under my eyes or my upper lids. This stayed pretty well. But getting the mascara on is half the battle and I just didn't want to deal with the awkward brush and the thick, goopy formula.

Still on the look for my HG mascara.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/20/2010 12:39:00 AM More reviews by perrita10106

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This mascara was okay it wasn't the best thing but neither was it the worse.It did my lashes look nourished if that makes sense because they felt long and soft not brittle. I didn't give much clumps but at times it did depending on how you put it on.