April 19, 2014 | 1778 users online

Mascara - Almay - One Coat Nourishing Mascara Triple Effect - Waterproof

rated 5 of 5 on 6/10/2012 8:56:00 PM More reviews by missuniverse

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really like this product! It would help my lashes stay black and not go under my eyes until bedtime. I liked that it made my lashes not look heavy it made them look natural , and soft (which they were very soft,) not like most products that clump them together and feel horrible. I can not believe that the product has bad reviews I have thick eyelashes ,black eyelashes too, so I really don't know what thick means because that really doesn't apply to me.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/22/2012 1:05:00 AM More reviews by stephyrm12

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

okay, so i only use waterproof mascaras because i have very weak asian lashes that cannot hold a curl. this does not hold a curl even tho it is waterproof. it makes my lashes look very soft though, unlike any other mascara, but doesnt do much else.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2012 1:21:00 PM More reviews by flowerlover

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is the ONLY WP mascara that has ever given me lashes that stay long and curled!!! It does get gloopy as you use it, but I just wipe that off and it does fine. Unfortunately, I can't find it any more and think it has been discontinued. :( No other brand I have tried recently have come close to this great product.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/17/2011 1:44:00 AM More reviews by hellokittyfan1974

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Overall this product is just average. I did't really thicken my lashes all that much but it a pretty decent job being waterproof.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/6/2011 9:41:00 AM More reviews by dddoxie

whaaa??? I'm shocked this got such low reviews. I layer this over CGLBV and it gives my lashes a lovely full, feathery affect. I found that if I don't scrape the excess off the brush, it works much better.

It has never smudged or flaked off and definately lasts all day, even in hot/humid weather.

I'm glad I stocked up on this while it was 75% off at CVS recently, because it's a great staple item for me now.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/6/2011 2:00:00 AM More reviews by AudB

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I had been using this as an everyday wp mascara. The staying power is awesome -- no flakes, no smudges, no sign of raccoon eyes even after 12 hours. However, it is very goopy and tends to make clumps if you don't get most of the product off the brush. The brush has a side with shorter bristles and a side with longer bristles. The longer bristle side is the worst for goopiness and clumpiness, so I was only using the shorter side, which worked well.

The biggest drawback, though, is that this mascara is incredibly difficult to remove. I cannot use any eye products with mineral oil, so I couldn't hit it with that, but it took forever to remove even using facial cleanser. I never really felt like I had it all off.

I would not buy this again, and I'm still on the search for my HG everyday wp mascara.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/4/2011 9:14:00 PM More reviews by Hali87

I wanted to like this, but it just wasn't meant to be. I've always loved that Almay is hypoallergenic and also cruelty-free. I've had great success with their eyeshadow and powder foundation, but this product left much to be desired.

I generally am not a fan of 'wetter' mascaras and prefer the drier ones - so this mascara instantly was a bit of a disappointment when I opened it up, but I was determined to give it a shot. Further disappointment ensued.. The formula had a glue-like consistency that clung thickly to the brush, which I found very awkward and difficult to use. Application was a disaster. I have thin, short lashes and the thicker formula caused massive, unnatural looking clumps.

The only good thing I have to say about this is that the staying power was decent. Having oily skin, I find that many waterproof mascaras don't stick to the lashes that well, preferring instead to smudge under my eyes or my upper lids. This stayed pretty well. But getting the mascara on is half the battle and I just didn't want to deal with the awkward brush and the thick, goopy formula.

Still on the look for my HG mascara.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/20/2010 12:39:00 AM More reviews by perrita10106

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This mascara was okay it wasn't the best thing but neither was it the worse.It did my lashes look nourished if that makes sense because they felt long and soft not brittle. I didn't give much clumps but at times it did depending on how you put it on.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/6/2010 2:45:00 PM More reviews by balletdancer923

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is an OK mascara. It deffinately makes my lashes look longer, and it gives a little bit of volume. It tends to go on a little heavy though. It doesn't look clumpy, but when I have this on my lashes feel clumpy and cakey. It's a good waterproof mascara. I've worked out while wearing this and then splashed my face with water and it doesn't budge. It's hard to remove even with makeup remover pads! (maybe it's just me or the pads I'm using. I got Almay's oil free pads)
I'd prefer a more natural feel to my lashes, but I'll keep using this and try some of the tricks people have suggested here. Almay is one of the few drugstore brands that doesn't test on animals and I'll support them as much as I can! =)

rated 4 of 5 on 9/2/2010 9:33:00 PM More reviews by soiia

I bought this mascara with the intention to use it for an everyday look, which mean I am not looking for something dramatic or super attention-grabbing. Thus I was quite satisfied. It was black enough for my (Asian) lashes and it did hold my curves (not saying it curves my lashes though). I didn't have any raccoon eyes at the end of the day and the formula is pretty liquid so it didn't clump despite my constant application to get the amount I want.

It did lengthen and add a tiny bitsy bit of volume to my lashes, so this mascara is good to define your lashes, but definitely not something that is good enough for a night look or a nice dinner with friends/dates.

*It definitely does not beat Maybelline's Full and Soft mascara, but I couldn't find it in a waterproof formula at my local drugstore so I decided to try this one :/