July 29, 2014 | 2085 users online

Lip Gloss - Bobbi Brown - Shimmer Lip Gloss - Rose Gold Sugar

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2013 12:58:00 PM More reviews by NeverFull

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is a staple in my makeup bag. I use it on its own for a nice coppery shimmer on the lips. I use it with the Beige lipliner to get a perfect nude lip for my skin tone (NC/W 25-30). I also use it with a brown lipliner like Oak from MAC to go with a brown smokey eye. I love, love, love it!!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/17/2012 5:10:00 PM More reviews by SarahMcD

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

Looks beautiful in the tube and in swatches, but showed up too copper on me. Was hoping for more of a pink with gold undertones, but this wasn't all that pink. I also didn't like the way it made my lips feel; I haven't had any problem with other BB glosses but this one almost made me feel a bit numb. Kind of a chemical taste, too. The formula is smooth and feels ok, but isn't my favorite, or the longest lasting. If the color had worked better for me I'd put up with the other complaints, even for the rather hefty price. As it was, I returned it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/14/2012 1:17:00 PM More reviews by violetmist

Pinky brown with golden highlights. Does a marvelous job over Pink Peony lip colour toning it town. Worn on its own is a soft shimmer which is so much more natural than a light pink because it blends in with your complexion. Will look great on steamy summer days.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/16/2008 9:52:00 PM More reviews by pieholdensuite

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is one of those products that just never leaves my makeup bag. The color is a very subtle pink/gold blush color that really flatters my skintone. It is extremely long lasting, but that is because it is extraordinarily sticky! Because it is so sticky I have a hard time keeping my hair from sticking to my mouth, but this stickiness also prevents me from rubbing my lipgloss right off. I do like the little brush applicator and the fact that it lasts so long. The color is so flattering and really leaves a nice glimmer on your lips without being gloppy and glittery. Very nice color, alone or layered over more vibrant colors to tone them down or glam them up!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/2/2007 1:25:00 PM More reviews by LauraOscar

This was the worst thing I have ever spent $$ on. It is so sticky, my boyfriend was horrified when I kissed him and he couldn't get it off his mouth.
I cannot believe such a product came from Bobbi Brown. Also, the brush is annoying and the SA told me many people complain about it but it is not going away...

I threw this in the garbage after the kissing incident and later found it on the sidewalk where it must have fallen out of the bag when they came to pick it up! Make this stuff go away!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2007 2:19:00 AM More reviews by Kin22

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Like some other reviewers, I hate the tiny, STIFF brush, and can only assume that BB chose it over a sponge because the formula is quite thick and sticky. I don't think a sponge would last long. However, this is a very good choice for evening wear over my BB Brownie Pink lip color. The staying power is really excellent, and my lips look pretty elegant all evening long. I know this product isn't a plumper, but I think my lips look plumper and definitely shimmery, without a gaudy, slick look. Try it over some of the new nudes and brown tones...it really jazzes up the color. I like to wear the matte Brownie Pink in the daytime, and keep the Rose Gold in my handbag for unexpected evening wear. I'm going to try it alone one of these days, although I don't particularly like shiny lips during the daytime, especially with my natural, BE mineral makeup. I'm fair with blonde hair and green eyes, and my typical look is understaed. However, I love BB eyes and lips for party time!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/30/2007 7:46:00 PM More reviews by kitten75

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

On me this is a YLBB peachy rose gloss with just enough subtle shimmer to really wake up my face. Not too shimmery for the office and I think this gives a nice, natural look. I've been wearing it nonstop since I bought it. It's a little on the sticky side and the brush sucks, but this is such a great color I happily put up with those things. If I were to lose it tomorrow, I'd repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/28/2006 8:27:00 PM More reviews by daftp

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I wish I had read the MUA postings before purchasing this item for my wedding (!!) - it looked amazing in the store but was too light on my big day (good thing I had my NARS Metis and Laura Mercier Violet Glace as backups :-) - I couldn't believe that it was sooooo expensive for that tiny amount and the brush does suck. I regret not returning it. I'm sure this is not a new complaint for BB so I am surprised they have not reformulated the applicator. FYI I'm Asian and use MAC NC20.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2006 9:45:00 AM More reviews by cosmeticcosmos

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

HOLY GRAIL color! I'm the type of person that can't seem to find a good lipcolor. This one just looks so natural and sexy at the same time. I like wearing it over Sandwash Pink lipstick.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/21/2005 3:26:00 AM More reviews by meluvcosmetics

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

This is very metallic on my pigmented lips. Got this in the LE Trio set (t/w Baby Pink and Ruby Sugar). Can't wear Rose Gold Shimmer alone, I look very dead. Need to layer it over a darker gloss colour which I am doing with the Ruby Sugar. Won't buy this colour again. Despite what's said here where I am giving a low review based on the colour, I love BB lip gloss. This is the only gloss that doesn't give me a mild allergy that I ususally get from the other high end/mid-range brands. So far I have six of BB's gloss but fortunately for me, never had any problems with the brush splaying. Yes, they are sticky but they are not uncomfortably so and they lasts, even after a meal. My HG.