April 16, 2014 | 975 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Neutrogena - Body Lotion Light Sesame Formula

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2014 1:04:00 PM More reviews by arielleem

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Favorite body lotion EVER. It is light weight and ultra silky so it you have intense dry chapped skin it might not be enough for you. But it sinks into skin beautifully and smells so fresh and clean. I am always told how silky soft my skin is and I have been using this for years! Adore. Will use forever.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/4/2013 7:40:00 PM More reviews by mary66

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

This isn't the best body moisturiser for dry skin like mine, especially in the winter, but that's not why I buy it. And I do buy it over and over again. The first thing about it is that it smells expensive. Reminds me a lot of Naran Ji by Molton Brown which is hideously expensive for hand and body products. The fragrance of this moisturiser is unisex and done so well that Neutrogena could probably release a cologne splash in this and it would sell. It smells like a hot summer day - hot dry sand, salt, some florals (neroli would be my guess) and something invigorating but a bit 'oily' (grapefruit seed oil most likely) which is very, very sexy. And did I mention, it smells expensive ... like the little toiletries kits in First Class and luxury hotels. The second thing I like is that I can add the Body Oil to it and that gives it a really big boost of moisturizing properties. The oil has the same scent and can also be used with the Rainbath in the shower before I rinse. Great range of products which for me don't offer enough moisturisation on their own but are great when combined. Packaging is flimsy but ok if they don't have to leave the bathroom. My BF always comments on how sexy I smell when I wear this to bed after a shower. Yet, I can wear a Serge Lutens or a Frederic Malle to bed and he won't comment.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/10/2013 8:17:00 AM More reviews by allary

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Their marketing ploy worked - I got a free bottle of this with another purchase and now I'm sold - will buy again, and will tell others.
My skin is so soft, and glows too
And the bumps on the back of my legs are gone after a few days (they're ALWAYS there)
The backs of my legs actually feel SOFT
And unlike Aveeno, my usual moisturizer I can put it on my hands and do yoga shortly after without my hands slipping
The scent is somewhat strong, but I like it.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/5/2012 4:13:00 AM More reviews by oosez

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I'm really impressed with this product. It is marketed as a light formula, so I bought it for Summer. It works really well - sinks in immediately, no greasy layer afterwards, smells -fantastic-, and gives you the silky feeling is advertises. I've never felt my skin this smooth! I really like the packaging and the clear bottle as well. Will repurchase, holy grail Summer lotion tbqh.

Of course, with skin as dry as mine, I definitely couldn't use it in Winter, but as mentioned, it's a light formula. I use Lanolips triple butter moisturiser/Neutrogena's Norwegian Formula Body Moisturiser during those months.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/25/2012 11:13:00 AM More reviews by MojoWorkin

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Really nice, light, sinks right in. Does not cause breakouts. I use it when I get out of the shower on my whole body including my face. No acne! Mild pleasant scent. I like the pump bottle. Will rebuy.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/19/2012 9:56:00 PM More reviews by tobyleota

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Coarse Eyes: Green

I love this stuff. It sinks in quickly, moisturizes well and smells light and fresh. I will need something stronger for winter months, but for the summer this is perfect. Absolutely great for hot, humid climates.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/28/2012 2:43:00 PM More reviews by Susan2148

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm fickle when it comes to body lotions, and I'm always trying something different looking for the one I can't live without. So, for me to have used up half a bottle of lotion without switching to something else in my cabinet is saying something. I bought this looking for something lighter for warmer weather -- everything else I was trying was sitting on top of my skin and making me feel sticky, and I can't stand feeling sticky. A bottle of this lotion caught my eye at Target, and I decided to give it a shot. First of all, this is the scented version, which, for me, smells like a very, very light jasmine scent. It dissipates to virtually nothing after a few hours. But what I really like is that this lotion is light yet does the job. My legs have a decent glowy sheen-ish look yet feel smooth and dry (as opposed to sticky). I stay well moisturized throughout the day. It also works well on my hands since it absorbs well. I like this so much that I bought a 32 oz. bottle on sale when I ran across it online. I might be using something else this time next week, but for now, this is what I'm loving.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/15/2012 3:51:00 AM More reviews by Kontaktus

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this mousturiser! I have very dry skin, and do have to use other products (mainly urea cream) to get a full moisturising effect, but I LOVE it. I love the smell and the fact it absorbs so quickly. I don't think it would be moisturising enough on it's own for someone with dry skin like me, but it's still a lovely product. I like being about to whack is on and then get dressed 5 minutes later and not feel like my clothes are swimming in product.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/5/2012 12:11:00 AM More reviews by jessical5183

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

Hate it. Originally, I thought I loved it. It has a great consistency, spreads easily, smells decent, and absorbs quickly. I felt like it was truly moisturizing my skin at first, and making it silky smooth, but it DOES NOT. Quite the opposite.

I'm somewhat alarmed that so many people are singing its praises, because I feel like people should know NOT to buy this.

I bought a massive 32oz bottle of the stuff based on the super high ratings it had received on this site. I was ecstatic to receive it. I am now 95% of the way through the bottle and I'm bummed. It's nice for hands - I'll give it that. It's perfect for a day hand lotion. But it has made my legs SO dry. Dryer than they would be without lotion.... that's not normal. I think it must have some drying ingredient(s) to blame....

The skin on my legs has become crepe-y, thin, flat, dull, and a nightmare to look at. I feel like it has aged my legs by 20 years. I'm not kidding. I definitely will not buy this again. Small red bumps have shown up on my thighs as well, like actual zits. No, they're not ingrown hairs. They're red bumps. The lotion is just icky. Repeated use seems to create problems.

Dangit! Finding an appropriate body moisturizer is becoming a real chore for me. I'm allergic to shea butter. I have acne-prone skin ALL over, so I can't use anything greasy. Besides, even if I could, I hate greasiness. It makes my skin crawl. Especially when I put on clothes and feel like I'm transferring oils to my fabrics and then living in it for several hours. GAG. I have to feel like my skin can breathe, and oily textures do not lend to that.

I loathe body butters, as I do not have 20 minutes to spend everyday on working a product into my skin. I want something that is quick and simple and gets the job done. I want my skin to be soft, supple, and deeply hydrated. Is that too much to ask? I've tried a lot of different products, which I have yet to review, but I wanted to pop this one up quick since I'm so miffed about it. Grrrrrr.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2012 5:41:00 PM More reviews by kobelangela

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

HG. I have been using this for years, and I adore it. It sinks right in, it has a nice, clean smell which dies down very soon after application, it keeps me nice and soft, and the price is totally do-able. I also love the clean, simple packaging.