December 18, 2014 | 848 users online

Blush - NARS - The Multiple in Malibu

rated 2 of 5 on 9/22/2014 4:23:00 PM More reviews by Cellosister

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It's a nice color and NARS packaging is really slick, but this isn't a good value - even if you're ready to shell out a significant sum of cash in exchange for quality. Perhaps it has to do with my skin type - I have very oily skin with large pores, but I can't get this to stay on. I apply it during my morning routine and before I'm in the office it's already gone. It may have left before I got out the door for all I know. Today I've taken it back to Sephora in exchange for a NARS powder blush. We'll see how that goes.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2014 10:30:00 AM More reviews by CharismaSL

For the longest time i've wanted to try these Multiples from NARS because of all the hype surrounding it. Well, what can I say, these are super pricey at $46 Cdn (before taxes) but are amazing. I was scared to buy this colour because it looked super dark in the tube especially for my NC15-20, GA #3 Luminous Silk/Maestro, skintone, but boy was I wrong! When I first apply this and blend it looks muddy but when it's 'melted' with my skin (1/2 hour later), it morphs into this gorgeous shade of rose with a hint of brown (on me). I don't detect any of the coppery tones that I see in the tube. It gives me a very natural yet sexy look. It is great for daytime and night (if added more colour). This can be worn with all the e/s I think but I love to pair this as a blush with green, gold, pink, and/or brown e/s. Looks amazing. Lasts a very long time. It swipes on effortlessly on my cheeks and blends super easily with my fingers. On no fuss days, I use this as my lid colour and looks good too. I would say that this is probably the best one of the lot in The Multiples by NARS. Am very pleased with this colour. Fair skinned ladies don't be discouraged by this colour. I usually wear my foundation, apply this, and then apply my setting powder. It not only tones it down but makes it look more natural, and makes it last longer.
EDIT: I've dropped it down to 3 lippies because I cannot use this as an e/s nor a lip stain. As an e/s this smudges and creases like crazy. As a lip stain either it's too drying. Still good though as a blush but too expensive for it to be just that. No repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/30/2013 12:17:00 PM More reviews by shortii53

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I like Nars multiples in general. This one is quite nice as well. The shade is a rosy red-brown color. The shade is a bit dark so using it takes some practice. Very nice color on fair skin when used right. Just in from cold look. Nice with highlighter on top. Lasts few hours, maybe 4, longer with powder blush on top. I can over do color when i use powder over it so I'm still learning. For night out best used alone over foundation with Copacabana highlighter multiple on top. Very pretty flush look with mascara. Like this for winter. Excited to see how it looks on my tanned summer skin later. I find it hard to get cream blushes just right still. I always want to add more then realize it's too much. Pretty shade just need to watch out how much use. I apply with my hands. Will start trying brushes for cream blush. May help me with placement and amount applied.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/22/2012 5:44:00 AM More reviews by glitteradi

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I purchased 3 of these recently. I have had few of these earlier but I guess I forgot why I ever got rid of them. Now I remember. Malibu is a gorgeous rosy tan color with shimmer. I would really love it but the texture is weird. It really does not stick to the skin like NYX cream blush or MAC cremeblend blush. So it really lasts only a couple of hours on my dry skin and then it is gone. It is easy to blend and in my opinion it is not dry. It also is not moisturizing at all so using this on my lips really does not work. I enjoy using a regular lipsticks as blush more than these multiples really.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/23/2011 9:47:00 PM More reviews by pemily

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

OMG!
this is heaven!!

It blends soooo soo soo easily, on me it shows as a pretty rosy mauve colour.
HEAVEN!!

i have only worn it as a blush, but man am i happy!
i never thought blending cream products could be this easy :)
yay for multiples

rated 3 of 5 on 6/30/2011 1:47:00 PM More reviews by spayne9

I purchased this multiple in a mini set (very mini and came with Orgasm and Luxor too). It's awfully dark and I've tried it on in a variety of ways - nothing is making me head over heals for it. I've tried it as an eye shadow and it's too sheer and doens't pack much staying power even with a primer, and it's too dark on my complexion for a lip color. Out of the three, I like the Orgasm multiple the best, but I'm not sure if I'd every buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/6/2010 4:50:00 PM More reviews by pinkolive2010

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a great product for on the go, if you are going on a vacation and want to pack light in your make up bag or your purse, this is great. It is compact, rich, and the color is great too, i use this for as my shadow base or alone, as a cream blush (just very light) and also as a lip gloss, its just the right amount of color without looking like a clown, we are usually at the beach during the summer and the color/ tone is just right.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2009 7:56:00 PM More reviews by 1spell4u

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I really like the malibu multiple. I only use it for eyes and cheeks though. I never use it as a gloss. Its a make up kit all by itself. Its a beautiful natural rosy color on my skin and it adds a nice glow to my face when my is showing signs of tiredness.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2009 8:41:00 PM More reviews by bellochio

I LOVE this product! This is one of my "can't live without it" products. I have probably owned 6 Multiples over the years. I originally started with Malibu, but tried others: Portofino and St. Barts. However, Malibu is the best color. It looks so good, just natural, rosy and a touch bronzy. It gives an instant radiance and glow to the skin. If I put this on and nothing else, I can look "alive." I use it as an eyeshadow also with some NARS Night Fever over the top or a darker color, depending on the intensity of the look I am going for. It's also a great highlighter that I use on shoulders etc. NARS Malibu is the best! I will keep using it until they no longer make it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/12/2009 7:01:00 AM More reviews by gina2685

This might look boring or too dark next to the other Multiples but it might be my favorite of the bunch! Malibu is one of the most universally flattering colors of the range in my opinion, it's a classy rosy brown - the kind of shade that you can wear anywhere and it gives a healthy, natural look. I love it on my NW15 neutralish complexion and I use it when I want to quickly do my makeup for work, it looks great in a simple look, with some shimmery champagne cream e/s, a little e/l and mascara. On the expensive side but highly recommended!