December 22, 2014 | 1743 users online

Treatments - TIPS

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/26/2012 5:30:00 PM More reviews by caramelkiss19

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought a T.I.P.S. kit from qvc. I have since repurchased but it does last forever. I don't use the actual nail "oil" treatment all too often, the the nail polish remover I use every week. The revival nail polish remover is so gentle and does not damage my nails and dry out my cuticles. The soybean oil in this really is the key the the wonder of this product. So glad my grandmother told me about how this product really made her nails healthy again. Word of mouth sells. One con is my nail kit bag requires the bottle to be tipped on its side and it does leak a little bit.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2009 12:21:00 PM More reviews by iheartMUA

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This is THE best nail product ever. It does come in a very tiny bottle, but like someone said earlier, it does last forever. You have to be careful to not lather it all over...you really only need a small amount.

I have never had nice nails. But I can put this product on my nails and they harden INSTANTLY.....And it's the only nail treatment I've used for my cuticles that lasts and makes my cuticle area look smooth and awesome.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2009 1:18:00 PM More reviews by Tina68

I've been using this product for more than a month. I am very pleased with the results. My nails tend to be strong, but when grown to a certain length they break, crack or peel. I know using polish remover on them 2-3X a week is not a good thing, but with all the oils, balms and lotions I use on a daily basis I would think dryness would not be a problem.

When I called ASK Cosmetics - the manufacturers of TIPS - they told me it will take about 5 months for any damage to my nails to grow out. The makers of TIPS recommend you go polish free for two weeks when first using this product. I went one week. I applied the oil every morning before getting into the shower. This oil, and its magic ingredients, are supposed to protect your nails and cuticles from water.

I also have a bottle sitting on my desk at work and would sometimes apply it in the afternoon. Those are the only times I ever used it: first thing every morning and then sometimes in the afternoon.

The results after just one month: my nails look different; my cuticles look different. My nailbeds have a healthy pink colour to them and my cuticles are softer and not as thick. My nails are longer, stronger and have flexibility to them so that if they bend they aren't broken or cracked.

TIPS is, I think, very expensive. I bought it off The Shopping Channel and paid, IIRC, about $40 for three 5ml/0.17Fl.Oz. That's a lot. But after one month, I'm just halfway through my first bottle, 1/4 through the bottle at work and have still have one unopened bottle at home.

Is this a miracle cure for my nails? Not sure. It's probably still too early to tell, but I will definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/26/2007 10:58:00 AM More reviews by FudgesFrog

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

My mother turned me on to TIPS for my splitting, peeling problem nails. I had always complained that I could never grow my nails past my fingertips, but after 3 months on this product, my nails are long, strong and gorgeous! In fact, I've actually had to cut or file them because they've gotten too long for my liking. That is truly a first!

It is imperative that you follow the directions and not use TIPS after your hands have been in water; I just make sure to plan it around my shower and dishes, etc. I usually apply it twice a day, around my cuticles and under my nails. Although it is an oil, it absorbs more quickly than other oils have for me (even CND Solar Oil) and despite the bottles being small, I've found that they do last quite a while. I started using this product in May of this year and my second bottle is still 3/4 full.

I have used other cuticle products, such as Solar Oil, Burt's Bees, Sally Hansen stuff, etc., and even applying them religiously, multiple times per day, I have never seen results like these. Likewise, my mother, who had weakened nails because of acrylics, has also had fantastic results.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/12/2007 10:28:00 PM More reviews by bea2ls82

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

omg whats wrong with you ppl? t.i.p.s. is the best nail product in the whole entire world.. it made my nails strong for the first time ever in my whole life. they are longer than when i had my fake nails on and are so strong. i repeat.. sooo sooo strong! i love it with all my heart! <3

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2006 12:41:00 PM More reviews by joy2uandme

Want to pay a lot of money for soybean oil? Then get this cuticle oil. That is what the main ingredient is with very few other ingredients. It's very oily and will make marks on your clothes, papers, leathergoods, etc. before it absorbs. I used for a couple of times and noticed no great rewards so am returning these. You only get about a Tablespoon per bottle with 4 bottles costing 50.00 which equals pretty pricey! Yeow!

5 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No