January 25, 2015 | 1261 users online

Mascara - NYX - Doll Eye - Volume

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 1/23/2015 4:15:00 PM More reviews by Joemama2005

I really like this product. The tube looks nice and is nice to use. The formula is drier than I'm used to, but I like it. I don't have a wet imprint of my lashes under my eye if I blink immediately after application. I LOVE how this mascara makes my lashes look. With just one layer it lifts, separates, and adds probably double the volume and even some length. I've never had a mascara and brush combo that I like better. The wand is short-bristled and hourglass shaped which pulls just the right amount of product out of the tube, without that annoying end blob you get with so many mascaras. It doesn't clump my lashes together like almost every other mascara I've tried does. It really fans them out and thickens them without making them look super fake and spidery. There's no discernible smell. It doesn't run or smear, but it does flake off on me. I've had little chunks of mascara raining down on my undereye all day. That's why I knocked off a lippy. (But I should note that my eyelashes still LOOK great, despite lots of flaking off. It hasn't really WORN off.) I hear from other reviews that the tube dries out quickly...that will be sad if true, but for now, I really, really love this product. And believe me, mascara is my white whale. I've tried tons and tons of them and this one is tied for first place for me.
EDIT: I tried it today with only one coat and NO FLAKING! HG status now.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/24/2014 8:31:00 PM More reviews by astr323

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Green

I like this mascara! I mostly go for volumizing stuff bc my lashes are genetic gifts, long and curled and (mostly) black, and this mascara does a nice job of thickening up my lashes and making them darker. I've had my tube for a while (seeeveral months) so it's lost some of its magic, but I lent it once to a girlfriend who uses mostly higher-end makeup and she remarked that mine was really nice and she was considering switching over to it (her lashes are also fairly long, but blonde). I think it's like 7 or 8 bucks. I haven't had any issues with flaking during the day and it's not waterproof but it doesn't run when you cry and comes off super easy with a lil evoo or other cleansing oil. overall a good deal!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/13/2014 11:55:00 PM More reviews by Magapurna

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Grey, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This mascara is a bit better than the "long lash" version of NYX Doll Eye which I also used but it's nothing special. For me it's just an average mascara but it doesn't smudge, washes off easily and is cruelty free so I gave it four lippies. I will use it up but will not buy it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/5/2014 7:12:00 PM More reviews by Idgie

I'm pleased with this product. I've tried other NYX mascaras and found them too flakey and irritating on my contacts. Haven't experienced that problem with this one and I wear it all day at work. It gives my lashes more length than volume, but that's fine because it really opens up my eyes. If you want a cruelty free, inexpensive mascara, this is a good choice.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2014 4:09:00 AM More reviews by Yoshers

Okay, so I have a really bad habit of buying mascaras because I can never find the right one. Whether it made my lashes fall, clumply, or just plain nothing. I have very short lashes (not to mention very little of them too) so it's very hard to come across one that will work. This product surprised me, not only did it give me volume but length as well. Also this is the first mascara that I can use on my bottom lashes without it making them droop. No it does not clump, or flake, and it kept my eyelashes curled throughout the day. I love this product, totally worth the price and I hope it works as well for you guys!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/3/2014 11:15:00 AM More reviews by kmrudolph

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a dryer mascara. It does a decent job volumizing and separating my lashes, however it is not long lasting. By the end of the day I have a lot of mascara flakes around my eyes.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/10/2014 10:13:00 AM More reviews by Jenniferla32

Hated it. Had high hopes, and was totally disappointed. This mascara did NOTHING for me, and I layered it on. Wore it for a week and then threw it out. I tried layering it with other mascaras (that shouldn't be needed anyways), using tons, using less, everything. Definitely would not buy again, and would not recommend.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2014 10:14:00 AM More reviews by maestus

I love this mascara! After using Maybelline Voluminous for many years, I wanted to find a cruelty-free mascara in the same price range.

I find that if you curl your eyelashes and apply a couple of layers, it really does a great job at voluminizing your lashes and I don't find it clumpy. I love the shape and feel of the brush too. I have to say though, I recommended this to my sister and she hated it :) So, I guess you either love it or not really :)

rated 3 of 5 on 1/15/2014 11:08:00 PM More reviews by Bryony

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This wasn't the most volumizing mascara, but it did give a pretty doll-eye effect. I liked layering this with a more substantial formula.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/28/2013 12:20:00 PM More reviews by Sandy16

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Yes you can get some volume but it's a short step to Tammy-Faye land. I found it very thick at first but it became easier to use after a few times. The brush is a good shape. And it is simple to remove with cold cream.