September 30, 2014 | 1039 users online

Mascara - NYX - Doll Eye - Volume

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 9/5/2014 7:12:00 PM More reviews by Idgie

I'm pleased with this product. I've tried other NYX mascaras and found them too flakey and irritating on my contacts. Haven't experienced that problem with this one and I wear it all day at work. It gives my lashes more length than volume, but that's fine because it really opens up my eyes. If you want a cruelty free, inexpensive mascara, this is a good choice.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2014 4:09:00 AM More reviews by Yoshers

Okay, so I have a really bad habit of buying mascaras because I can never find the right one. Whether it made my lashes fall, clumply, or just plain nothing. I have very short lashes (not to mention very little of them too) so it's very hard to come across one that will work. This product surprised me, not only did it give me volume but length as well. Also this is the first mascara that I can use on my bottom lashes without it making them droop. No it does not clump, or flake, and it kept my eyelashes curled throughout the day. I love this product, totally worth the price and I hope it works as well for you guys!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/3/2014 11:15:00 AM More reviews by kmrudolph

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a dryer mascara. It does a decent job volumizing and separating my lashes, however it is not long lasting. By the end of the day I have a lot of mascara flakes around my eyes.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/10/2014 10:13:00 AM More reviews by Jenniferla32

Hated it. Had high hopes, and was totally disappointed. This mascara did NOTHING for me, and I layered it on. Wore it for a week and then threw it out. I tried layering it with other mascaras (that shouldn't be needed anyways), using tons, using less, everything. Definitely would not buy again, and would not recommend.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2014 10:14:00 AM More reviews by maestus

I love this mascara! After using Maybelline Voluminous for many years, I wanted to find a cruelty-free mascara in the same price range.

I find that if you curl your eyelashes and apply a couple of layers, it really does a great job at voluminizing your lashes and I don't find it clumpy. I love the shape and feel of the brush too. I have to say though, I recommended this to my sister and she hated it :) So, I guess you either love it or not really :)

rated 3 of 5 on 1/15/2014 11:08:00 PM More reviews by Bryony

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This wasn't the most volumizing mascara, but it did give a pretty doll-eye effect. I liked layering this with a more substantial formula.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/28/2013 12:20:00 PM More reviews by Sandy16

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Yes you can get some volume but it's a short step to Tammy-Faye land. I found it very thick at first but it became easier to use after a few times. The brush is a good shape. And it is simple to remove with cold cream.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/20/2013 12:04:00 PM More reviews by Loved10

Bought this on a whim. I have long blonde lashes and needed some va va voom. This mascara gave me it. It made my lashes dark and thick. This mascara does not do well with multiple layers though. One can be enough. You can get the spider leg look so watch out. It stays on well and really does not flake off. Overall I am impressed with this mascara and will buy again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/13/2013 5:00:00 PM More reviews by izzybella

3/6/14 update:
I had to bump this down because this mascara flakes and smudges quite a bit on me. Too bad, because this mascara delivers tons of volume and the brush is really easy to use. I'll probably keep this mascara wand because I love the hourglass-shaped wand. I'm going to try the waterproof version next.

Original Review:
This is an excellent drugstore mascara, although a little pricey at $9/tube. I love the hourglass shaped wand, as the bulb closer to the wand is GREAT for grabbing those tiny outer lashes that most conical mascara wands miss. The result is long, fluttery lashes. The formula is a bit goopy and has a tendency to overcoat the wand, but this is easily remedied by using a tissue and I'm sure it'll get better as the formula dries out a bit with extended use. So far I haven't had any issues with flaking or smudging, even though this isn't advertised as a waterproof formula. I would definitely repurchase and I'm looking forward to trying both the lengthening and waterproof versions next!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/18/2013 6:36:00 PM More reviews by erbivore

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Very nice mascara. I have to gently wipe down the brush in order to avoid lash clumping. I still prefer Full and Soft, but if it were ever discontinued, this would be my first choice.