NYX Doll Eye - Volume

3.8

This is suuuper lengthening and non clumpy for being so cheap. I'm a mascara snob and usually vouch for MUFE smoky extravagant, I never use anything that clumps or is hard to get off at the end of the day.. And this is perfect. So good and cheap compared to what I usually wear. It performs exactly the same as the mufe and is 1/3 the price.

on 4/8/2015 2:26:00 PM

I used to love this mascara, but I think the formula has changed. It use to add length and volume, but now its strictly volume, and lashes look stumpy and clumpy. Very disappointed in this product now. A lot of better mascaras out there, for less.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

This is a good mascara, doesn't flake, applies well, coats lashes evenly. But it does dry out quickly. The first tube I bought I thought was bad because it was so dry but it still applied okay so I kept using it until it actually was dry-which wasn't very long after I opened it.

The fact that it doesn't flake and wears great throughout a long day will make me repurchase, I wish it didn't dry out so fast though.

on 2/18/2015 10:27:00 AM

I really like this mascara because it's one of the few I've tried that doesn't flake off and give me racoon eyes throughout the day. It separates the lashes well and gives good volume without looking fake or spidery. The only downside I see is that it gets dry very quickly and can become hard to apply because of that. The pros definitely outweigh the cons, though, and I'll keep buying this until I find something better.

on 1/30/2015 7:23:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This may be my new favorite mascara. It is indeed a dryer formula which I prefer because I hate any clumps in my lashes at all and I find a dryer formula is less likely to cause clumps.
This is not going to give you drama lashes (l'oreal skinny gold tube does that) but on a daily basis I don't care about that. What I look for is something that can give me long, fuller lashes that fan out and don't clump and this does exactly that. No flaking either.

on 1/23/2015 4:15:00 PM

I really like this product. The tube looks nice and is nice to use. The formula is drier than I'm used to, but I like it. I don't have a wet imprint of my lashes under my eye if I blink immediately after application. I LOVE how this mascara makes my lashes look. With just one layer it lifts, separates, and adds probably double the volume and even some length. I've never had a mascara and brush combo that I like better. The wand is short-bristled and hourglass shaped which pulls just the right amount of product out of the tube, without that annoying end blob you get with so many mascaras. It doesn't clump my lashes together like almost every other mascara I've tried does. It really fans them out and thickens them without making them look super fake and spidery. There's no discernible smell. It doesn't run or smear, but it does flake off on me. I've had little chunks of mascara raining down on my undereye all day. That's why I knocked off a lippy. (But I should note that my eyelashes still LOOK great, despite lots of flaking off. It hasn't really WORN off.) I hear from other reviews that the tube dries out quickly...that will be sad if true, but for now, I really, really love this product. And believe me, mascara is my white whale. I've tried tons and tons of them and this one is tied for first place for me.
EDIT: I tried it today with only one coat and NO FLAKING! HG status now.

on 11/13/2014 11:55:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Grey, Straight, Medium

This mascara is a bit better than the "long lash" version of NYX Doll Eye which I also used but it's nothing special. For me it's just an average mascara but it doesn't smudge, washes off easily and is cruelty free so I gave it four lippies. I will use it up but will not buy it again.

on 9/5/2014 7:12:00 PM

I'm pleased with this product. I've tried other NYX mascaras and found them too flakey and irritating on my contacts. Haven't experienced that problem with this one and I wear it all day at work. It gives my lashes more length than volume, but that's fine because it really opens up my eyes. If you want a cruelty free, inexpensive mascara, this is a good choice.

on 6/22/2014 4:09:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Okay, so I have a really bad habit of buying mascaras because I can never find the right one. Whether it made my lashes fall, clumply, or just plain nothing. I have very short lashes (not to mention very little of them too) so it's very hard to come across one that will work. This product surprised me, not only did it give me volume but length as well. Also this is the first mascara that I can use on my bottom lashes without it making them droop. No it does not clump, or flake, and it kept my eyelashes curled throughout the day. I love this product, totally worth the price and I hope it works as well for you guys!

on 3/3/2014 11:15:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This is a dryer mascara. It does a decent job volumizing and separating my lashes, however it is not long lasting. By the end of the day I have a lot of mascara flakes around my eyes.