OPI Quarter of a Cent-Cherry

4.6

on 7/11/2015 9:29:00 PM

I love this red polish! It's one of my all-time favorites. The shade is so good! Quarter of a Cent-Cherry is a gorgeous, sexy, dark cherry-red. It dries to a shiny finish and looks amazing on the nail.
Excellent formula. Opaque in two coats and no problems with application or wear.
It's a must-have if you love red polishes. I would buy this one again and again. Recommended!

on 3/9/2013 11:58:00 AM

Lovely colour! This is a deeper red with a very glam feel to it. But mine chipped off after 2 days even with base and top coats and minimum hand activity.

on 3/8/2013 8:01:00 PM

I love this nail polish for fall/winter, but honestly its one that I would wear year around. I picked it up on sale at Target recently, and it was a great deal. The color is a great classic dark red. The only reason I knock off a point is because this stained my nails, even with a base coat. I will continue to use, but I might start applying two layers of base in the future.

on 11/6/2012 9:16:00 AM

This is a true cherry red with a bit vintage feel to it. I truly like it for the winter.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Quarter of a cent Cherry is from the Happy Anniversary Collection (2006) It still seems to be widely available on-line.
I ordered this in my quest to find a (non-shiny) red nail polish that will exactly match the red soles of my Louboutin shoes as I had heard reviewers say it is a true red. Hmmm - IMO it is a bit dark to be a true red so it did not meet my brief butů.that said - I do love the colour and think it is very glamorous. Its creamy based blood red, has a bit of a vintage Hollywood starlet feel to it. Great on both tips and toes - no complaints just not the shade I am looking for on this occasion, but happy to add it to my collection.

It applied like a dream (one coat wonder!) And I wore this polish for 3 days with no chipping at all. On the 4th day I put a glitter coat (of OPI Excuse Moi) on top. Looked fab but the glitter made it brittle and it chipped a bit after just a day.

I scored this a 4 because it is very flattering red and preferable to brighter reds like OPI Red my fotune Cookie.
Whilst I like the colour I am not sure I would buy again as there are lots of reds out there to try. And in terms of the Louboutin quest - the next polish I will try is OPI Big Apple Red.

on 6/20/2012 2:31:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Finally, a new go-to red! This is what I was hoping Got The Blues For Red would be. GTBFR registered as far more of a brown-based burgandy on me as opposed to a blue-based cherry or blood red. Quarter of a Cent-Cherry is exactly what I was looking for. It's a beautiful blue-based cherry red (flattering on all skin tones- even my own super pale hands/feet that are sometimes blue-ish or pink due to a blood vessel issue) that looks more of a true blood-red in lower lighting. Not too bright or too dark, and not at all orangey... just perfect! I would say I will likely wear this year-round, as it is neither too cool nor too warm for any season and goes with just about anything. It's cute, it's classy... It's everything I want a red polish to be! It also applies easier and more evenly than GTBFR, which I found to be quite blotchy. This only requires 2 coats to be totally opaque and even, whereas GTBFR needed 3 or 4. I like the brush because it's flat so it's glides nicely on the nail, but it isn't too wide for my narrow nails either like some flat brushes tend to be. I got about a week's wear out of it (with a good base coat and top coat) with only minor tiny chips around the edges of a few nails and a bit of minor tip wear starting to appear. I would definitely repurchase!
Another point for this polish: I started painting my nails with this last week just before a power failure. It was just before sunset and very windy outside (so continuing out there was not an option) and I had just gotten the first coat on a few nails, so I decided to try to finish the application in front of a window using the little bit of sunlight that was still coming in. Despite the poor lighting conditions I had to work in, I was pleasantly surprised at how decent the application still looked once the power came back on. It's a pretty smooth and easy application with the good formula and brush combination!
Highly recommend!

on 5/21/2012 2:26:00 PM

In my opinion this is opi's best dark red. Ive never seen a skintone it does not flatter because as others have said, it really looks exactly like blood. It also has a vintage hollywood starlet quality! A very sexy color!

on 5/14/2012 9:29:00 PM

This is a really sexy classy gorgeous red. Its rich and deep and dark like blood. Its awesome and one of my favorite reds! I highly recommend this.

on 12/25/2011 8:52:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Other, Warm

I adore this OPI color. I love reds, period, but this one is especially beautiful against my NC44 skin tone. A very classy looking color, it would be hard for anyone to go wrong wearing it.

on 12/22/2011 9:06:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

Before discovering this colour, I tended not to wear reds - most reds available in nail polishes tend to be orange based, and don't suit my skin tone. This, however, is a true blue based red, really deep in colour, a real classic. As with most OPI colours, it applies evenly with a beautiful finish, and looks SO classy. I get comments all the time! This is similar to OPI's 'Got The Blues for Red', the only other red I wear, 'Quarter of a Cent Cherry' being very slightly lighter. I have heard rumours that they have been discontinued - I hope it's not true! If anyone has any information on this, it would be welcome; I have purchased 4 back up bottles just in case!

If' like me' you aren't a fan of orange reds, get this, you won't be disappointed!

Popular Polishes