April 24, 2014 | 994 users online

Polishes - OPI - Quarter of a Cent-Cherry

rated 4 of 5 on 3/9/2013 11:58:00 AM More reviews by azadeah

Lovely colour! This is a deeper red with a very glam feel to it. But mine chipped off after 2 days even with base and top coats and minimum hand activity.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/8/2013 8:01:00 PM More reviews by kajy14

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this nail polish for fall/winter, but honestly its one that I would wear year around. I picked it up on sale at Target recently, and it was a great deal. The color is a great classic dark red. The only reason I knock off a point is because this stained my nails, even with a base coat. I will continue to use, but I might start applying two layers of base in the future.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2012 9:16:00 AM More reviews by lilome8

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a true cherry red with a bit vintage feel to it. I truly like it for the winter.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/14/2012 3:13:00 PM More reviews by FloozieKitten

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Quarter of a cent Cherry is from the Happy Anniversary Collection (2006) It still seems to be widely available on-line.
I ordered this in my quest to find a (non-shiny) red nail polish that will exactly match the red soles of my Louboutin shoes as I had heard reviewers say it is a true red. Hmmm - IMO it is a bit dark to be a true red so it did not meet my brief butů.that said - I do love the colour and think it is very glamorous. Its creamy based blood red, has a bit of a vintage Hollywood starlet feel to it. Great on both tips and toes - no complaints just not the shade I am looking for on this occasion, but happy to add it to my collection.

It applied like a dream (one coat wonder!) And I wore this polish for 3 days with no chipping at all. On the 4th day I put a glitter coat (of OPI Excuse Moi) on top. Looked fab but the glitter made it brittle and it chipped a bit after just a day.

I scored this a 4 because it is very flattering red and preferable to brighter reds like OPI Red my fotune Cookie.
Whilst I like the colour I am not sure I would buy again as there are lots of reds out there to try. And in terms of the Louboutin quest - the next polish I will try is OPI Big Apple Red.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2012 2:31:00 AM More reviews by user24678

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Finally, a new go-to red! This is what I was hoping Got The Blues For Red would be. GTBFR registered as far more of a brown-based burgandy on me as opposed to a blue-based cherry or blood red. Quarter of a Cent-Cherry is exactly what I was looking for. It's a beautiful blue-based cherry red (flattering on all skin tones- even my own super pale hands/feet that are sometimes blue-ish or pink due to a blood vessel issue) that looks more of a true blood-red in lower lighting. Not too bright or too dark, and not at all orangey... just perfect! I would say I will likely wear this year-round, as it is neither too cool nor too warm for any season and goes with just about anything. It's cute, it's classy... It's everything I want a red polish to be! It also applies easier and more evenly than GTBFR, which I found to be quite blotchy. This only requires 2 coats to be totally opaque and even, whereas GTBFR needed 3 or 4. I like the brush because it's flat so it's glides nicely on the nail, but it isn't too wide for my narrow nails either like some flat brushes tend to be. I got about a week's wear out of it (with a good base coat and top coat) with only minor tiny chips around the edges of a few nails and a bit of minor tip wear starting to appear. I would definitely repurchase!
Another point for this polish: I started painting my nails with this last week just before a power failure. It was just before sunset and very windy outside (so continuing out there was not an option) and I had just gotten the first coat on a few nails, so I decided to try to finish the application in front of a window using the little bit of sunlight that was still coming in. Despite the poor lighting conditions I had to work in, I was pleasantly surprised at how decent the application still looked once the power came back on. It's a pretty smooth and easy application with the good formula and brush combination!
Highly recommend!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2012 2:26:00 PM More reviews by ginabina

In my opinion this is opi's best dark red. Ive never seen a skintone it does not flatter because as others have said, it really looks exactly like blood. It also has a vintage hollywood starlet quality! A very sexy color!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2012 9:29:00 PM More reviews by annawixom

This is a really sexy classy gorgeous red. Its rich and deep and dark like blood. Its awesome and one of my favorite reds! I highly recommend this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/25/2011 8:52:00 PM More reviews by MAChostage

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I adore this OPI color. I love reds, period, but this one is especially beautiful against my NC44 skin tone. A very classy looking color, it would be hard for anyone to go wrong wearing it.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/22/2011 9:06:00 PM More reviews by TheLadyMeed

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Before discovering this colour, I tended not to wear reds - most reds available in nail polishes tend to be orange based, and don't suit my skin tone. This, however, is a true blue based red, really deep in colour, a real classic. As with most OPI colours, it applies evenly with a beautiful finish, and looks SO classy. I get comments all the time! This is similar to OPI's 'Got The Blues for Red', the only other red I wear, 'Quarter of a Cent Cherry' being very slightly lighter. I have heard rumours that they have been discontinued - I hope it's not true! If anyone has any information on this, it would be welcome; I have purchased 4 back up bottles just in case!

If' like me' you aren't a fan of orange reds, get this, you won't be disappointed!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/26/2011 10:30:00 PM More reviews by pjw1209

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have worn two reds from OPI for over 20+ years. First, was OPI Red. I wore this on my toes and fingernails in the late 80's thru the early 90's, Then, I found Kennebunk Port, which is about two shades darker than OPI Red, and it became my holiday nail polish for my fingers and toes. Red was my color for my toes for almost 15 years. I stopped wearing red on my fingernails when the neutral shade craze began. No, I have never worn a french manicure on my hands or feet.

Since I only wear neutral shades (SweetHeart & Coney Island Cotton Candy) on my fingernails, red has always been my signature color for my toes. With the exception of Prune Danish, which I wore in the winter, and it's been discontinued by OPI. Now, that I have found Quarter of a Cent-Cherry, she is my new red. I am currently wearing Miami Beet on my toes, because I went to a party and needed the right color. I am taking Quarter of a Cent Cherry to my manicurist tomorrow, and I will have my beautiful, red toes again. This shade is beautiful, and it will become my new signature color...