April 21, 2014 | 1073 users online

Treatments - LUSH - Recon Hair Treatment

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2010 11:40:00 PM More reviews by Africanbeauty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have the kind of hair that soaks up moisture like a sponge, it's very thick, curly, and dry. This product actually left my hair feeling greasy, I'm in shock!
The greasiness went away a couple of shampoos later, but I'm still left with a hint of mint (and it's not a pleasant mint imo), and the positive effects have lasted through multiple shampoos, that is amazing to me!

I would not easily repurchase this again solely because the scent is so unattractive, but I cannot deny this is a wonderful product for taming curly hair. I think I would use this again if there was a special occassion several days in advance, and I wanted my hair to look it's best, but wanted the scent to be dilluted.

Pros:
Silky hair, I mean super silky hair.

More definition, and less frizz to my curls.

Makes my hair bouncy, loads of compliments on the condition of my hair.

Cons:
It stinks. I mean I smelled like Vicks Vapor Rub days (and multiple shampoos) later.

It leaves hair very greasy, and my hair is naturally parched and can stand up to nearly any petroleum-free moisturizer without feeling oily. If you have straight/fine hair, I'd definitely tread carefully with this one.

I'm giving this a 4 out of 5 because it definitely works as a deep conditioner, but the scent is bad.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/22/2009 12:24:00 PM More reviews by emluken

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

So glad LUSH brought Recon back!

This is a deep conditioner that I like to use once in awhile, like every 6 weeks, or when my hair/scalp feel especially dry. Recon comes in a black pot. Collect 5 pots and return them to a store for a free fresh face mask. It's a pretty thick goo, and it has a slightly minty smell, a combination of peppremint/rosemary. Does not smell like Aveda rosemary mint, though.

Read the directions on this and follow them to the letter to have great results. Massage into dry hair/scalp, leave on 20 minutes. Apply shampoo to hair BEFORE YOU GET IT WET, then lather up with water and rinse. I usually have to shampoo one more time to get it completely out.

This is great to use if you're getting split ends. It leaves my fine hair moisturized, but still with volume.

ingredients:Almond Oil (Prunus dulcis), Nettle Leaf Infusion (Urtica dioica), Rosemary Infusion (Rosmarinus officinalis), Beeswax (Cera alba), Lanolin, Propylene Glycol, Perfume, Fresh Papaya (Carica papaya), Menthol, Peppermint Oil (Mentha piperita), Lavender Oil (Lavandula hybrida), Rose Absolute (Rosa centifolia), Rosemary Oil (Rosmarinus officinalis), Juniperberry Oil (Juniperus communis), Salicylic Acid, Sodium Borate, *Limonene, *Linalool, Methylparaben, Propylparaben.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/7/2009 10:50:00 PM More reviews by StarChyld2

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

My scalp gets very dry during the winter months. I was looking for a treatment that wouldn't weigh down my baby-fine hair, and this product stated that it would work on almost all hair types. Though my scalp feels wonderful right after using this product, it really weighs my hair down and makes it feel greasy. I tend to have to wash out my hair several times (and it still looks like I haven't washed it over a week later), and that dries out my scalp even more than before I used the product. If you have dry or over-processed hair, this will probably work well for you. However, if you have fine or oily hair, I cannot recommend this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2008 3:27:00 PM More reviews by botticellireject

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Hi,
I used this as they told me to and could not rinse it out BUT if you use this sparingly(just rubbed into palms) and then apply to hair it is the most fantastic leave -in conditioner if you have dry hair.For any other hair type I think it would not be suitable.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/5/2008 5:53:00 PM More reviews by joeallen

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

For all of you that strugged in removing this from your hair: you are supposed to add the shampoo while your hair is dry and then rinse once you have added the shampoo

Overall, i found this product to be very useful in eradicating the "scabbiness" from my head and i am disappointed that it has been discontinued by lush

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/4/2007 11:21:00 PM More reviews by LucySnow

Recon may take the prize as the worst product I've ever tried on my hair. I followed the directions, applying it at the roots, massaging it into my scalp, leaving it for 20 minutes, then shampooing it out. The problem was with the final step. As I was shampooing, I could feel that the oils from Recon were being spread through my hair. I used I Love Juicy and after the first shampooing I could tell another was needed. After the second shampooing, I still felt my hair was feeling a bit too heavy and slick but I decided to use a wee bit of a light conditioner and finish up. But no. Blowdrying my hair, it became apparent that my hair was ultra slick and oily. I swear my hair wouldn't be that greasy if I didn't wash it all week! YUCK! Super yuck. So, I had to get wet again. Shampooed two more times with Herbal Essences Degunkify. That got the worst of it out, but I can still feel a residue in my hair. Never again! Putting it up for Swap but will only send to someone who's used it before and still wants it!

Update March 6, 2008: I finally found a use for this: it makes a great foot cream. And *that* tells you all you need to know about why this should never be put on your hair! continued >>

rated 4 of 5 on 6/7/2007 7:02:00 AM More reviews by meenz

Lovely pick me up for my sometimes dry scalp.. I pawned one off to my dad who is *gasp* actually using it. He uses H&S poo and after I explained to him that the dandruff type flakes he is seeing may be dry scalp he agreed to try this. Low and behold I was right and he is using this very sparingly as he loves it! As for me, I can do with or without it but it is a nice treatment for my roots for a change.. only set back is I have to use it 1x a month and right before I use a purifying shampoo because otherwise it would leave me very oily.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/12/2007 2:55:00 PM More reviews by jane803again

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This stuff blows. I washed with Palmolive to get it out. Then I rinsed with cider vinegar. It's still not gone.

the good news: I had half of MUA laughing at me while I tried to get rid of this crap.

Never. Again.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/22/2007 8:19:00 PM More reviews by TheRealBatgirl

I don't know what it is about this year, but typically i have light dandruff that i keep at bay with head and shoulders but this last fall it has gotten so bad. So bad its literally embaressing for me. I'm constantly checking my clothes if my top happens to be a dark color. I came into lush with high hopes since i like most of their products. Was coaxed into buying this. Was kinda sad i had to put out $15 for a small tub, but i've tried so many different things that didnt help, i got desperate. After the first day of use, i thought it was getting better. But after several uses it went back to what it used to be. The label reads to use it for 7 continuous days, i even did it for 9 and i still flake and itch like crazy. I went back to lush to let them know about how it did nothing for me and they basically gave me a sad face, said too bad and let me go.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/17/2007 9:23:00 PM More reviews by april1976

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Big fan of Recon, here. I don't have dandruff, but I have a terribly persnickety scalp in Winter. Also, since my hair is very thick, natuarlly curly/wavy and color-treated, I don't wash it every day...which can lead to a case of the "itchies" every once and awhile. Recon seems to make my curls spring back into action, as well. I read the reviews on the LUSH website (as I often do before buying) and they seemed much more positive than on MUA. I think those who had a hard time getting it out of their hair didn't quite read the directions (shampoo must start on dry hair). It would be better in a tube with a nozzle you could point directly on to specific areas of your scalp, but that's my only complaint.