August 27, 2014 | 1798 users online

Eye Shadow - NYX - Single Eye Shadow - Aloha

rated 1 of 5 on 5/31/2013 11:54:00 PM More reviews by Mrswhitelaw

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Well. What can I say that hasn't been said already by the previous 3 reviewers? This looked so pretty in the store when I searched it but applied the next day over a very good quality primer it fell flat. Color was barely there and just not enough pigment for me. I like a clean but slightly colored lid with a nice crisp liner for day but this just seemed to not show up. The packaging is really nice but the quality of the color is the pits. A better and cheaper alternative is the eye shadow pots from Annabelle Cosmetics (available in Canada but not sure about the US).

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/22/2013 7:46:00 PM More reviews by PinkIcing1

This eyeshadow is just okay. Even with a primer, it doesn't show up well and fades to just sparkles. It causes so much fallout on my face as well.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/18/2013 6:00:00 PM More reviews by greenidentity

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Being very fair and cool toned, I find myself gravitating towards lighter, champagne based eyeshadows, keeping with my bare eye/strong lip look. I find that the right swipe of brightness and glow to my eyelid can make my skin and red lips pop. So I was eager to try Aloha, which eventually won out over Nyx's My Favorite Color eyeshadow.

The color is a very light pink/taupe color. It Isn't obviously brown, but the pink has a neutral aspect to it.

The good: I didn't find it to be chalky, or have much fallout, as described by others.

The bad: For my pale skin, the color simply isn't pigmented enough. It's a very light, glittery color. It barely shows up on my lids, only adding a hint of shimmer. I can see this working for medium or darker skin tones, and would be good for oily eyelids since the consistency isn't creamy. The packaging is nice, I like the flip-lid, but I will not re-purchase this color.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/4/2013 4:30:00 PM More reviews by CordulaM

I am SO disappointed in this shadow, and almost all the ones I bought today. I had been waiting ages for a sale, and finally it happened. I swatched a ton previously, and decided on this as one of them, yet when I opened it after purchasing and tried it, it was faint, had a ton of fall out, and full of glitter. What!? The one I swatched was shimmery, not glittery. And the color payoff was horrible. Really wanted a color like the one shown. But for some reason it wasn't it. Did they change the formula!? Big let down. Returned it.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/7/2012 4:16:00 AM More reviews by rachelsmiles75

It's a lovely eye shadow, I just don't like the colour. It is a pinkish colour, it seems to highlight any blotches because of the sheen.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/3/2012 6:15:00 PM More reviews by A314159P

really pretty, shimmery eyeshadow - one of the unique colours out there

however, it has a lot of fallout .. love this colour as highlight though

rated 4 of 5 on 10/10/2011 2:48:00 PM More reviews by d61rlz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

i just bought another a week ago for my back up.. definitely a VERY PIGMANTED eye shadow! you don't need much considering a lot of fall out and crazy glitter! but don't mind it.. as long as you tap/blow the excess or put a tissue paper underneath the eye you'll be just fine.. :)
i have a fair skin tone (sorry i cannot compare to mac foundation,because i'm not a big fan of using foundation but when i use missha bb cream i use #21) and the color doesn't blend into my skin tone.. you still can see the color..
the QUALITY is really amazing with affordable price.. probably the most fav drugstore brand that i ever tried.. it's only the e/s thing, i don't like the face product as much as their e/s.. it is very long lasting.. i would collect all of their collection :D lol

rated 2 of 5 on 7/25/2011 7:43:00 AM More reviews by miaeva

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love the color but not the texture. Lots of fallout, and a bit too much glitter that falls down on my face. Maybe I just got the old one or what? I am really sorry because the color is so great for highlighting. I

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2011 11:21:00 PM More reviews by Jackie7354

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this color, even though I am not sure how to describe it. It's kind of a purple/pink? Shimmer. Either way, it looks great on my NC15 skin. I don't use it as a highlight, but I do put it all over my lids. It has great staying power, usually lasts me 10 hours. I use it with my NYX base (in the white shade). Just a great shimmery wash of color for an everyday, simple look.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2011 1:09:00 PM More reviews by paig392

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

i LOVE this color! Its pale and shimmery which I like but it reminds me of hazlenut? I got it at Ulta 40% off..hell yes...and Ive used it every day since. Its light enough that it opens up my eyes but has enough depth and color to be used all over without looking funny. I use it over UDPP and sometimes a NYX pencil and it stays on just fine on my oily lids.