October 21, 2014 | 1990 users online

Lip Gloss - Chanel - Magnifique Glossimer 83

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/27/2013 6:31:00 PM More reviews by Rsanzio

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

There are things Chanel does better than anyone else and are worth the price. This isn't one of them. Honestly I think there are any number of drugstore brands that are just as good for a fraction of the price.

The Chanel Rouge Double Intensite Ultra Wear Lip Color, on the other hand, is something I'd never be without.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2013 4:06:00 PM More reviews by StephKatz1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love the gold shimmer and it is very fine and not too noticeable but still gives you that sparkle.

I would call this a neutral to cool pink - no brown or mauve tones.

Normally I wouldn't like pink but for some reason I can rock this

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2013 11:58:00 AM More reviews by magicloop2009

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Very expensive.I love it and the smelll I have an icey-whitish colour and pealish pink, and I may buy a buragandy-fuschia next week, but this is like a treat for only once a year, this is one of teh mpost expensive lipsticka nd lipglosses brand, among great nail polishes and perfumes I have that a re worth it. This is a touch more expnsive the requesting and puchasing Lancome products at the coucnter and online (internet) Nice packaging, excellent smell, great quality, the price and medium staying power like drininga nd eating gooeya dn goopy clipgloss comes off the excess if I dont blot down on my lips or napkin) is the only downfalls, otehrwise, great, I always save up to buy one of these, I have two lipstick a lightish brown-nude rouge, a a coral-orangey rouge, I may repurchase before summer ends, maybee even next week, no promises, I'm more for Bare Escenutals (Bare Minerals) - Buxom and Moxie lipglosses more high end like Cespecially Clinique and MAC, and even sometimes Avon and Loreal whe I want to go cheaper, Burts Bees are nice too with Neutogena in the mix. I more of a Clinique and MAC high-end like person so like a I said before this is a splurge and a big treat for myself getting something by and from Chanel. It can be and will be (if prices aren'[t yet increased or increasing) $29 dollars plus tax canbe $32+ dollars at times, same online amazon and e-bay. I get a french feel A(a frecnhy-like vibe) at Chanel - we all know this is ones of the best and one of the most expensive cosmetics companies, this is not my HG but the icing colours at Chanel are.MLBB (my lips but better0 Everyone knows that cocoa chanel makes some of teh greastest stuff costmeti wise.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2013 7:44:00 AM More reviews by Natteyolala

Wow justly, this is the best gloss you can perchance originate through. The texture is so even and smooth, not tacky at all. The pigmentation is resilient; the color you see in the packing is the color you get on your rims. The staying power is marvelous. I will put this on in the beginning of my 7.5 work day and its first after lunch that I will need a somewhat touch up. I it wasn’t for the lunch this lip-gloss would have persisted all day. The packing is sleek and classy, chanel style. I have purchased this gloss in 7 shades, and the downside is that with 2 of the shades there is some sort of lack in packing quality, so the liquid tends to leak out of the lid. Exceedingly frustrating as I have experienced that the pigmentation can badly stain. Other than that ; tremendous.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/19/2013 6:55:00 PM More reviews by surrealreality

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Chanel Glossimers are my favorite lip glosses because of their texture and staying power. A lot of glosses cause a thin white line of.... gunk to form around the inside of my lips (those who have experienced the same problem will know exactly what I'm talking about). I've never experienced that issue while wearing a Glossimer.

About Me: Fair with warm yellow undertones (about an NC18 right now, only quite a bit more yellow toned). Very pigmented rosy red lips. Hazel eyes that look blue in daylight. Natural brunette currently dyed aubergine purple with a lot of deep red and copper highlights.

Color: In the tube, Magnifique is a fairly bright medium mid-tone pink. On my lips, it has pretty decent pigmentation... between sheer and opaque, but leaning towards opaque.

Finish: In the tube, a fine gold shimmer is apparent. On my lips however, the shimmer is barely noticeable. Some shimmerless and nearly shimmerless Glossimers have a jelly look on the lips, while some have more of a creamy look. Unfortunately, this falls into the latter category which is the reason for the low rating. I HATE creamy looking lip glosses. I wasn't expecting this one to be like that based on what it looks like in the tube and in pictures.

Texture: Like most Glossimers, Magnifique feels comfortable, moisturizing, and very slightly sticky.

Wear Length: 4 hours, which is average for Glossimers (my average for other lip glosses of similar texture is about 3).

Scent: Glossimers have no scent :)

Packaging: It's ok. The gloss does tend to get on the inside of the cap and around the screw top, so it can get a little bit messy, but not too bad (I've certainly seen much worse). Also, the finish wears off the gold band very quickly.

Bottom Line: I realize most people love this Glossimer and I can certainly understand why. It's just not my thing.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/15/2011 10:02:00 PM More reviews by Gailkey2

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this glossimer in Magnifique. I put it on alone and it is like a bubble gum barbie pink with gold shimmer..I got sooo many compliments..I love chanel glossimers because they are the best! DO NOT CAKE! Hate the price and have issues with the tubes bc the gloss does do this weird gushing at the top sometimes...I have pigmented lips and it shows beautifully!!! mac nw45 complexion

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2010 4:22:00 PM More reviews by zachchrismom76

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This is probably my favorite glossimer, perfect for everyday, a little punch of color. Mid-tone pink, great pigmentation, pretty good staying power for a gloss. If I could only buy one Glossimer from now on, it would be this one!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/30/2010 4:46:00 PM More reviews by pmnixa

Magnifique is a lovely creamy midtone pink. It has some finely milled gold shimmer. I would call this a neutral to cool pink - no brown or mauve tones (think MAC Creme Cup, just more pink). I normally have difficulty wearing cool pinks, but this one is an exception. Lovely!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/28/2010 8:42:00 PM More reviews by Sabrina09

I have just become a lipgloss wearer. I was always a lipstick and lipliner type girl but I noticed that it made my whole appearance more "make-up-y" and I wanted a fresher look. I was afraid that my lips would disappear into my face and that my lips couldn't look as full without a lipliner. Well let me tell you...I am a full convert to THIS lipgloss. Others have not done the job but this gloss adds color and "umph" to my lips. And the best part is .... it looks WAY more natural as it fades than a typical lipstick/lipliner look. I LOVE this color and the staying power is awesome. The consistency is smooth and not "galactic" looking ...some Chanel glossimers tend to look too silvery on me...this one is beautiful! I would feel comfortable going day to night with this anytime! Add a deeper bronzer or pinl blush and you would literally be red carpet ready! LOVE LOVE LOVE! The price is worth it girls..... when you find something this versatile you just HAVE to pull out the cash! ;-)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/5/2010 6:13:00 PM More reviews by shanstuff

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Beautiful gloss! I got this to wear over my new Taffetas Rose Rouge Coco lipstick, and it really makes it pop. This is a medium-hued, cool-toned pink gloss with a gold sheen running throughout. It has a really good color payoff and a fair amount of opacity to it. It really lasts well. I like to use just a dab or two right in the center of my lower lip to give me some added fullness and sparkle, and it does a fantastic job...it really brightens up my entire mouth! The sheen is subtle enough for day, but would also be great for night if used heavily.

Highly recommended, and would purchase again---as a matter of fact, I might get a backup just in case!