September 21, 2014 | 1779 users online

Lip Treatments - Prada - Shielding Lip Balm SPF 15 - Tint 5

rated 5 of 5 on 5/19/2010 9:17:00 AM More reviews by ana_bela

This is the shiz lip balm, and I don't use that term lightly :) It's 1.5 ml per monodose, making it 1/10 the size of a MAC TLC. I'm always embarrassed to pull out my tiny tube of Prada balm, because I think it makes me look like an arse and a snob, but it's so good that I just deal with it.

Forget the gorgeous mlbb color you get with a light application - I've used this in untinted as well, and it's a really superior balm. Ultra-moisturizing, very thick so one monodose will get you tons of applications (you only need a tiny dot each time), and it looks great and has a light lemony scent. I can't say enough good things about this balm, and that's before you get into the color...

Tint #5 looks shockingly dark, a deep vamp burgundy, but when I apply it sparingly, it gives a gorgeous MLBB color to my semi-pigmented lips. I wish my lips looked that good on their own.

My only complaint, besides the tiny packaging (which is actually kind of precious, but I tend to lose them), is that there's no way to apply this except with your finger. That means some gets wasted, and it stains your finger dark burgundy until you find somewhere to rub it off. Do not do it on your jeans. This balm necessitates carrying around some sort of hanky.

Even the evilbay price makes these 2-3 times the cost of other HE balms, so I'm still searching for something else as good... but until that day comes, I'll stay faithful to my tiny little doses of goodness. Love em.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2009 5:04:00 PM More reviews by TrizyDLuX

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love Love LOVE this balm! I like the number 5 color third best of all the line (after #6 - red, and #4 - berry). It is a nice neutral brownish tone, and though it can be a little too brown if applied heavily, it looks very nice applied lightly. Its not waxy or greasy. It has no smell or taste. It actually works as a BALM (moisturizes and protects) while being tinted (unlike quite a lot of other tinted "balms"). I adore this product, and although I usually get these only when theyre *deeply discounted*, I love them so much I might even pay full retail price if I needed to.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/1/2007 7:03:00 PM More reviews by amys326

This color looks so gross on my lips!!! I have fair/medium skin and it makes me look like I have sun-burnt lips. I thought this color would look nice because of all the reviews but it just doesn't cut it for me. However, I do like the packaging and the texture of this lipbalm. It's thick but melts onto you lips quickly and it contains SPF 15 as well. I would definitely buy this product again BUT NOT THIS COLOR!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/9/2007 12:54:00 PM More reviews by jiney17

I have these in every color and (along with nos. 2 and 3), this is my favorite color. It's a deep reddish berry-brown which works well with my coloring (dark hair and eyes, light, yellow-toned complexion). Although the color looks quite dark, since it's a lip balm, it's sheer enough to add just a soft stain when you blend it all over your lips. The texture is stiff and waxy, but will be more creamy if you keep this in your pocket. I adore the tiny packaging (so convenient for teeny bags and pockets). Protects my chronically-chapped lips really well. These are HGs for me, in spite of the unfortunate price.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2005 10:42:00 AM More reviews by jessicaa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this product! My sister sent me two of tghe #4 lip balms, and then I bought #5 when I was finished. I like both colors, but 5 is amazing...you can apply a teeny bit for a sheer red tint, or apply more for a darker, sexy going out look. Disgustingly expensive, but worth every penny.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2004 4:27:00 AM More reviews by mochabear

bought this one today - along w/ #2. needed a nude (#2) and some color (#5). originally i was going to get #6 but it "popped" too much in my face - wrong coloring. and the saleslady convinced me that #4 was too blue toned for my (fair asian) skin tone.

initially i loved this color - a bit on the browny side. however after having it for nearly a month, i've now come to the conclusion that it may be a bit TOO brown for my skintone. formula is great - very thick and emollient. the color is just off.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/17/2004 12:38:00 PM More reviews by laurenaj

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The best lip balm to come around in a long time. Lingers on your lips forever, making them smooth and protected. This color is fabulous too, as it adds just enough red/brown tint for a natural look.
Update...after using this for a few weeks,it went from 5 lippies to 2. It's too thick, and it's difficult to apply. If I don't have a mirror to apply it with it gets all over my face!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2004 10:13:00 AM More reviews by AmyBianca

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I loooooove prada lip balms =D They are very moisturizing and feel like butter on the lips. This is a chocolate brown on me that I can wear sheer or darker depending on how I apply it.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/20/2004 7:43:00 AM More reviews by Lacker

yes...yes..yes...I would buy it again and again!!! Great colors, great lips balm!! I paid $38 for 8 of them from N. Marcus. slip a few in my bag and my lips looks soft and perky. A must have!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2004 8:48:00 PM More reviews by BinaryDoll

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

After being bombarded by peer pressure, I surrendered and bought this at Neiman Marcus. I let my husband pick out the tint. I really like this product. The consistency is thick, like a cream. Would not hold together for a tube. It really moisturizes my lips and lasts a pretty good time. I would use this more if it was packaged better. I put it on with my finger. There is quite a bit in this little tube. I will buy this again, I like it and it works for me. Takes away flakies with diligent use and the color is natural looking. $38 for ten.