November 28, 2014 | 1749 users online

Treatments (Face) - Rodial - Glam Balm

rated 1 of 5 on 3/21/2013 6:12:00 PM More reviews by giri

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Good i got it as a present for purchaising 2 products from Rodial. I can use this product over night and in the morning my lips are very dry. So i use now Blistex for 2.5 euro - the result is much better

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 11/30/2011 9:48:00 AM More reviews by AnnaCarina

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This product does absolutely nothing for me. I bought it hoping that some of the claims were justified and that it would do something about the lines on my upper lips (not deep or a lot yet). Glam balm had just about the effect that Vaseline would have; glossy fat. I now wonder about the other, equally, self-hyped products...

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/15/2011 12:48:00 PM More reviews by sugarcoma_girl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

pricey, yes.
but- when i look at the amount of multi-tasking i can get from this product... LOVE.
i've used it as a primer, to lock in my eye cream, on my flyaways, as a lip balm a.m. and p.m., AND on my cuticles, i'm happy.
i love the smell of this, i love the texture. i'm verrrrry sensitive and this didn't cause any white heads, or irritation.
this has salicylic, shea butter, beeswax and yes, castor oil.

try a sample before you invest, but i do have to say whenever i use this on a client (i'm a mua) they love it.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2011 4:04:00 PM More reviews by charlies04

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

First of all, i got this half price which is just aswell cos this is blooming expensive! Its a very, very thick balm consistency (think Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour cream and thicken it five times). I only really use it for my undereye area, cos i'm concerned about lines, and the first time i used this balm it instantly brightened my undereyes. I actually really liked the effect, however it did make the skin under one eye breakout into a spot (i don't know about other people, but i find getting a white head in my undereye area extremely unusal-so it must have been due to this balm). Also, after only one days use i found my undereye area so stiff i could barely move it (i later read the ingredients and realized this contains Silicon which makes the skin stiff), so i realized i'd made a mistake in buying this. The only reason my lines/wrinkles won't show is cos this product freezes your face so you can't actually move it!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/5/2010 5:03:00 PM More reviews by TemptMeBeautyBlog

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Don't bother with this. I really wanted to love this product but it just didn't deliver. I got super dry skin this winter and was hoping this would be my miracle saviour cream but I was so disappointed given that it wasn't cheap. I found this to be greasy and just blocked up my pores, I stopped short of breaking out but I could see that my skin wasn't happy with it. I will give it another shot, maybe as an in-flight moisturiser but my bit of advice is 'don't believe the hype'.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/28/2009 7:08:00 PM More reviews by serrabird

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This must be one of the most over-hyped under-delivering products ever.I sometimes despise beauty editors for being PR slaves and creating an aura of promise around mediocre products. What Glam Balm exactly does I have no idea, but it does not do what it promises. Liz Earle Superbalm is a much better formulated balm without silicones or preservatives and it smells divine. It would never separate, either as no oils, silicones and water is mixed up.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 1/20/2009 12:06:00 AM More reviews by tagg

This does nothing to make my lips plumper (as it claims) or to reduce my fine lines and wrinkles (as it claims). It makes me break out. I've resorted to using it as a cuticle cream and on my rough elbows and it really doesn't do much there either. Plus it is very pricey, comes in a basic tube, and tends to separate.

Definitely doesn't live up to the hype and isn't worth buying at a quarter of the price.

Rodial makes all kinds of claims about their products (one supposedly increases your bust size, one supposedly makes your tummy flat, one is supposedly as good as Botox for relaxing wrinkles). Ha! Glam Balm is the most hyped of the lot and if it can't even do anything to soothe my dry patches and/or soften some fine lines then I doubt any of their other overpriced crap can do what they claim.

6 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/1/2008 11:09:00 AM More reviews by susie03

It is very expensive but will last forever. I travel alot and its versitility will be great. It can be used as a flight mask, aftersun, hand cream, lip plumper - all in one handy tube.
Update
This has separated in the tube after less than 3 months so that instead of a balm I get a squirt of oil then a lumpy balm - won't be buying again!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/23/2008 7:10:00 AM More reviews by musechau

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I suits my dry skin and I like the fact that it can be used around the eyes as well. I still like the fresh creme ancienne more as it's more moisturizing. However, at times, the fresh CA feels a bit too heavy, then glam balm just do the job.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/8/2006 1:24:00 PM More reviews by Brid1

This product has been heaving advertised in the UK and billed as a cult product. The prices have always put me off so when I saw it on sale in Harrods at a fraction of the original cost I decided to give the Glam Balm a go. It is a fairly thick, greasy consistency. Smell is subtle, not offensive and it forms a slightly oily lotion after friction. I have used this on my neck after a disaster with an unknown perfume left me with dry scaly skin. I have also used it on cuticles and dry patches. Overall not bad but certainly not a product I would rave about. Update: I have been using this on my neck after spraying perfume which reduced my skin to a snake like, dry, crusty mess. I tried other creams first to no effect and then decided to use the balm. From the first application it worked and within 5 days my skin was restored. So it obviously does do something if your skin has a problem.Impressed.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No