October 24, 2014 | 1815 users online

Clothes - Havaianas flip-flops

rated 4 of 5 on 10/18/2014 2:56:00 AM More reviews by crystalradium

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I used to think I hated flip flops; all the ones I'd tried were uncomfortable because the strap and thong bit into my skin; they never fit quite right, and the sole was always flimsy. In '10, I bought a pair of Haivanas online in a moment of whimsy, and I haven't looked back since. They're as cute as flip flops can be (I like the metallic straps), comfortable (the Top more so than the Slim), and very secure-feeling (ditto). They're also as supportive as flip flops can be, although they don't compare to a good pair of proper shoes by any means. I don't recommend doing any significant walking in them; as cushy as the thong is, it still starts to chafe after a while. They're also very well-made - despite daily wear for a good 4/5 of the year, the first pair I bought back in 2010 still looks pretty much as good as new, other than a little dirt on the insole. As someone who'd be barefoot all the time if she could get away with it (and likes to show off her pedi), Havaianas are indispensable!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/10/2014 5:04:00 AM More reviews by eve33

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I prefer Ipanema. Had a pair of navy Havaianas that broke after several months for no obvious reason. They're pricey ($20-$30), flimsy flat, and not great quality.
Awful customer service too - I ordered 2 pair off their website, they sent me the wrong size, then would not take them back! I called them 4 times about being sent the wrong size and they kept saying they would have someone send me an email asap about sending me the correct size. 6 weeks later when I called, they said they didn't know why no one had responded to me and they couldn't help me with an exchange. Wow.
Ipanemas are similar, but better quality. They have a great black platform sandal that is super comfie. I'll stick with them!

rated 2 of 5 on 8/10/2014 4:53:00 AM More reviews by StephanieMarie1

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Not impressed! I bought a pair of Havianas at Christmas for my vacation to Fuerteventura, they were black with Mickie mouse patterns on. The first time I wore them on my vacation they were fine and really comfortable, as a few days went on, the mixture of wet feet and sand started to rub the color off. Also I was walking down some rocks and the toe seperator gave way so my foot slid out of the flipflop and I nearly skidded down the cliff! They did this multiple times. By the end of the week all the colour had rubbed off and I was left with tacky, worn-out flip flops. I am not one to complain or feel the need to write a bad review about anything, but after paying 20 only for them to be broken in a week, is very disappointing.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/3/2014 12:47:00 PM More reviews by nippydips

I think its bullshit to spend so much on a pair of flip flops with the word 'havaianas' on them. at the end of the day, they are flip flops... How good could they get?! such a waste of money.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/28/2013 10:11:00 AM More reviews by felgoj

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I just bought my 1st pair of Havaianas from Ricky's when I saw how good the Freedom thong sandal looked on a young girl. Before now I'd never heard of the brand before (though I've always seen the flipflops in the store, I never tried them on or took note of the brand). I was stunned to see the $32 price tag for a pair of foam & rubber (albeit high quality), but was willing to try them...I've been searching for comfortable minimal sandals that weren't flipflops but give some cushioning, which is HTF.

I wear size 7.5-8, so 37-38 (US 7.5W-8.5W) fit well for me. Could maybe use a little extra 1/4" foam sole length at the back of the heel but this is fine too. The flexible straps are comfortable & not tight & I love that the ankle strap is adjustable for a custom fit. The foam sole is firm yet flexible & provides surprisingly nice cushioning on concrete streets, which I haven't been able to find w/any other flat shoe except sneakers/athletic shoes. I hear this brand is durable so I hope my pair will last a long time.

IThe gold color I wanted was sold out in my size everywhere, so I got silver which looks really great & now I prefer it over the gold (after having tried on gold in a wrong size just to see how the color would look on me). Now I'm thinking about getting black. As w/any open sandal, my feet tend to slip in them when they perspire (for some reason it always happens @ work but never outdoors, maybe because of high A/C), so I may add Foot Petals ball-of-foot foam cushions to keep my feet anchored properly in the sandals & prevent slipping. Comfortable casual sandals that are bare & fashionable - love them!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/22/2013 11:41:00 PM More reviews by spacecowgirlredux

Is it an orthotic shoe? No. Is it an orthotic shoe compared to US$5 flip flops from Walmart, or even $20 flip flops from Roxy? Yes. For a flip flop, it's extremely supportive - I have a bum ankle, and despite this, I'm comfortable all day in my Havaianas, even going up and down the stairs several times. The thong is well-padded and comfy, too. The "Slim" (thinner strap) design isn't quite as comfortable as the "Top", but either is fine as long as you're not taking a walking tour or somesuch. My only quibble with Havaianas is that they're currently not making many "Top" designs that have both the metallic strap and an interesting footbed pattern - I would pay double or even triple the original price for a new pair of my graphite Pois, which are a black footbed with hot pink and gray shaded retro mod dots, plus a dark gray metallic "Top" strap.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 5/3/2012 1:09:00 AM More reviews by pinkfrost

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Grey

Talk to a podiatrist about flip-flops (or thongs as they are called in here in Australia) and they will tell you how terrible they are for your feet in the long run. They cause clawed toes along with a whole host of other issues.
One MD writes:
"The truth is many of our favorite flip-flops can be sending us feet first into serious injuries to our feet, ankles, knees, hips and even our back. Over time these injuries can lead to serious bone, tendon, and joint damage."

(http://www.huffingtonpost.com/john-whyte-md-mph/flip-flops-hurt-feet-_b_844981.html)

Also, they look awful, so tacky... at least that's my 2 cents. I don't know why anyone would risk their health for them.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/2/2012 10:52:00 PM More reviews by thespacecowgirl

I have owned 3 pair of these - the Golden Sun Pois, the dark gray/hot pink Pois, and the white peacock footbed with a thinner metallic silver thong. The looks speak for themselves - various patterned footbeds along with a few different styles of thong. If you're rabidly anti-flip flop for fashion reasons, a metallic thong and cute print aren't going to change your mind. However, if you like flip flops but find the cheap ones uncomfortable, Havaianas are fantastic. Both the Pois are/were very comfortable - the sole is thick and surprisingly supportive, although it might not be enough if you have arch problems. I'm in frankly bad shape, including a bum ankle, but I can stand for hours wearing these without pain. The thong is comfortable; the part that goes between your big and 2nd toe is well-cushioned, although it will eventually cause a blister if I do a ton of walking. I live in a climate where flip flop weather makes up about 2/3 of the year; I've literally worn no summer shoe other than my Golden Sun Pois for close to 2 years, and they look almost as good as new. The white peacock/silver ones looked pretty, but the thong was slightly scratchy and not quite as secure as the Pois.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2011 1:59:00 PM More reviews by bellyfl0pper

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I bought a pair of these back in 2007, and I still wear them! I used to be a year-round swimmer (practices 6 days a week) so I wore these flip flops non-stop for all of these years. Now, it's half way through 2011 and I am having a hard time convincing myself to get new ones because I love them so much. Mine are yellow with a blue strap, which has the Brazilian flag on it. The strap has never popped out.
As an ex-swimmer, I have bought quite a few pairs of flip flops, including ones from Abercrombie, Target, Old Navy, and Payless. Yes, Havainas are pricier than Old Navy, Target, and Payless, but they last about four or five times as long. You can find them at almost every discount store such as Nordstrom Rack, Ross, Marshalls, TJMaxx, Loehmanns. These are by for some of the most comfortable, and I will definitely be buying a new pair in the future.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2011 12:52:00 PM More reviews by dollylonglegs

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Coarse Eyes: Green

These things are freaking indestructible, come in every color you can imagine, and feel so good on your feet!