November 23, 2014 | 1513 users online

Brows - Bobbi Brown - Brow Kit in Sable and Mahogany

rated 5 of 5 on 3/8/2014 7:57:00 PM More reviews by maria8422

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I bought this in Nov. 2010 and still use it today, (2014). It's lasted my so long, that I can't believe it. Yes it's very expensive, but it's quite a good product. The colours they supply (Sable/Mahogany) are very natural, and compliment my ligt/medium brown hair colour so perfectly. People always comment of my eyebrows saying that they look thick and healthy and want them. haha

Definitley would buy this product again!!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/29/2012 10:30:00 AM More reviews by sassysaturdays

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I was quite hesitant to get this kit as it was pricier than my usual eyebrow pencils. But I totally love it now and I think its worth every penny!
The colours go well with my dark brown hair. And the pigments are relatively rich and natural looking.
It took me a while to be able to shape my brows with a brush instead of a pencil but it is not too hard since i do not pluck my brows too thinly.
Would get it again! But I have been using this daily for more 3 months and I am sure that it can last be for at least another 6-9months. So I can patiently wait for a sale!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/1/2009 5:31:00 PM More reviews by bellaspots

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

It seems many brows - high- and low-browed, bushy-browed or mono-browed, and even no-brow (poor things!) beauties - are prepared to shell out big dollars on all manner of grooming products (tweezers, stenciling kits, brow dyes, etc.), but in terms of makeup, why splurge on kits?

A tawny to brown brow pencil for stable-handers, or brown matt eyeshadow for the less confident usually suffices, all of which can be bought for a tuppence. So it escapes me why there are so many brow-specific kits by these big companies that cost more than simply a solid pair of Tweezermans?

Alas, I wish silly me had clocked this on a recent online blowout at BB. Don't mistake me, my love for BB is as true as my honesty. So it pains me to conclude that this Brow Kit, though compact with a decent-sized mirror, duo powders for either the blonde or brunette, mini-tweezers for on-the-go grooming, and a dinky, annoying brow brush is not worth the selling price. You'd be better off treating yourself to something new in the range.

I encourage you: be brazen, try something different from your usual BB favourites. Leave something like brow makeup to the cheaper non-designer brands. What's a brow pencil but a drier eye pencil (and the low-end brands are masters of cheap, powdery pencils as we know), and what's a specific brow powder but matt eyeshadow in neutral taupes, ashes and browns? Unless your brows tend to slip during the day, you don't require a compact as such for touch-ups.

What you save by resisting this Brow Kit, or similar such as Benefit's Brow Zing (but at least, that has a grooming wax) means you can still spend on something gorgeous at BB. Nothing but a win-win situation, now go have fun!

4 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2008 2:29:00 PM More reviews by VoxClamantis

I got this at a cosmetics outlet store and am so happy with it. I only do brows in the evening for a more dramatic look so i've been using both colors as eyeshadow and it's so pretty. I also use the darker color as an eyeliner and it's pretty subtle, kind of hard to see and I think it wears off fast...but i also don't know what i'm doing when it comes to doing shadow liner so it could be me.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2008 11:10:00 PM More reviews by ejmj

I LOVE this! The little tweezers are honestly the best quality I've ever had, and the brush is fantastic as well. I actually tap into both colors and get the perfect color. I can't believe it is LE! I purchased it at CCO and am so glad I did!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2006 9:46:00 AM More reviews by sistahmaryisis

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have the most un-substantial eyebrows in the world. It almost looks as if I don't have any or have over-tweezed what little I do have. They are so sparse! That being the case, Bobbi Brown's brow kit works wonders for me. I just use the little brush to sweep a bit of the product over my eyebrows and they start to stand out (in a good way). I haven't really used the tweezers (no need to) so I can't say how well they work. So if you have really light, barely there eyebrows. . . this little kit will help to enhance and bring them out of hiding!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2006 10:49:00 AM More reviews by Mlalak

Wow!! This is LE, so I would buy a million, except you use so little product, i suppose it might take years to use one up. I am a medium brunette with a tiny bit of red and sable works beautifully for my brows- I can use mahogany as a liner as well. What i love about this little kit is how adorable it is while still being completely functional. The Itty Bitty tweezers really do tweeze, the large mirror in the compact is great too. The brow brush that is supplied is perfect for brows, very stiff- perfect for controlling those brows! I paid $38 for this kit, and i think it was well worth the money. It has great novelty factor, while also being functional and great for traveling!