October 21, 2014 | 1047 users online

Eyeliner - Kanebo - Lavshuca Liquid Eye Liner

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/10/2006 8:25:00 AM More reviews by 8hourcream

I have recently been introduced to the Lavshuca range and bought a load of products - this liquid eyeliner in Purple (new season 06) is one of the items.

The colour is great, really deep and shimmery purple. However, the applicator is quite poor, and doesnt help achive the straight, thin liquid eye line. The product is quite thick too, and clumps a little when it dries - a similar consitency to tippex. Also - and this is a big but, at the end of the day, I realised the eyeliner had flaked into a load of little bits all over my cheek. I've become a liquid/gel eyeliner freak recently, so it was a surprise to see this kind of thing happening.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/8/2006 10:56:00 AM More reviews by fleckenschnitte

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

***This review contains pictures of the product, please click continued to view the formatted version incl. pic(s)***

Lavshuca is one of the newest Kanebo brands, it just debuted in spring 2006. I love most of their products, especially their Liquid Lips and lipliners. Since I am a total sucker for eyeliners (especially liquids) i was so excited when I saw that they released a new Liquid Eye Liner in 3 colors for fall 2006.

When I was watching the makeup movie on http://www.kanebo-cosmetics.co.jp/lavshuca/ I totally fell in love with the purple liner the artist used on the model.

I just got the liner a few days ago and totally love the color! The brush is rather crapy though, it's hard to apply an even line.

The ink is slightly shimmery but it chips off after drying when I layer it like with some other liners like e.g. shu's bright blue liquid liner from summer 2006 (dissappointed with shu!). It's quite opaque though so about 2 layers give me the desired color intensity if I am able to draw a precise line right away.

The packaging is super cute as with all Lavshuca stuff. The liner comes in a little "bottle" with a long-handled metallic pink wand with ornaments printed on it. (check pic below).

The liner contains 2 ml, which might not seem a lot but after all you only need a tiny bit for each application so I am sure the liner will last for a good amount of time. Costs about US$15 after conversion from Japanese yen so it's not the cheapest liner out there but I'd say it's worth the price.

There are 3 colors available: Brown, black and purple. I got

PU-1: This is a gorgeous cool purple shade, as someone commented it looked almost navy on the PC screen. I love this color, it's quite different from most japanese purple e/l since they often tend to have a red undertone that's not ideal for me. But Lavshuca's liner is the perfect deep bluish purple.

I haven't gotten brown or black mainly because I have tons of brown and black liners. If they release more colors like blue or green I might buy them but I am not sure!

I am a cool-toned PPP/NW15 with brown eyes.

continued >>