December 17, 2014 | 1735 users online

Powder - MAC - Mineralize Skinfinish Natural - Avant Gold

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2008 2:58:00 PM More reviews by Leslieluu

I LOVE this product I have been searching for the right foundation for ever I have tried it all. I tried the Chanel powder foundation and hated it, I tried BE and it left my face too shiny, I tried the Dior powder foundation and it just wasn't what I was looking for, I tried Studio fix and it left my face to cakey......and that's just to name a few I've tried a lot and this is by far the best. I purchased it in Medium Plus after my favorite SA at the MAC counter tried it on me all it takes for the perfect application is a little moisturizer a little primer then you buff this product with a powder brush it leaves my skin flawless. I have regular combination skin and a spritz of Fix+ and a little more buffing with the brush leaves a really nice medium velvety coverage that makes my skin look perfect.....I absolutely love this product I will repurchase as long as it's available.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/6/2007 9:11:00 AM More reviews by midnightradio

i was so excited to try this product, and so dissapointed with it. it didn't do anything more than any other powder that you can get at a drug store. Everyday minerals is the way to go with mineral makeup, although it doesn't have the hype factor of MAC lol.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2007 7:49:00 PM More reviews by Fabfame

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

No question about it, the effect this gives is simply gorgeous. Your face gets this beautiful soft focus glow...HOWEVER this also make me quite oily as the day progresses. I dont use it every day so I guess I can live with having to blot more on the days I use this. Luckily I got this in a swap. I would probably never buy it because of the oiliness factor.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2007 5:46:00 AM More reviews by Buthaina

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Wow, where has this been all my life! I've never before had an expirience like this with any other powder, infact i was always the anti-powder girl. Hated the effect powder gave the face, it always made the face look dusty and ashy. But this is heavenly. I have purchased this in Medium-Dark, for over all application and in Dark for contouring. Gives a flawless finish whether you apply it over foundation or on bare-skin. It sits nicely on the skin, makes you skin look like it is glowing from within. HG powder for me, for sure.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2007 3:30:00 AM More reviews by strawberrytaurus

I really wanted to like this based on all the raves it gets on the boards but I'm still trying to find what's so great about it. I desperately tried to swap for it and when I finally did and then tried it on I saw....nothing. Nothing happened. My face didn't look better, nada. I know I'm using the right color too (medium/dark) because if I used any darker I'd look ridiculous and any lighter would make me look like a ghost. I'm sad that this didn't work for me. I would rather stick to my Chanel DPF and my BE Mineral veil to help set it. That's been working for me so far!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/20/2006 2:00:00 PM More reviews by sim_loves_makeup

I love this product! I have normal-combination skin and this makes my skin look flawless! I buff it straight in with a brush after my moisturizer and then dust blot powder with a brush. It's AMAZING. My skin looks really smooth and soft.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/18/2006 1:19:00 PM More reviews by happynappy1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

I just bought this so I know it's a little early...Actually, I bought Mineralize Skin Finish in Deep Dark...It's beautiful. Now, my DDD skin is acne-prone and I have some hypepigmentation...OK..quite a bit, but I'm in my late 30s now and I'd rather show my less-than-flawless skin than be all made up. This erased some of the imperfections and gave me a nice shimmer. I'm using over MAC's Tinted Moisturizer in NW45. I'll update later but so far, I think this could be HG.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/31/2006 9:40:00 PM More reviews by jaminkel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought this on a whim because for some reason MAC decided to make a foundation LE, but I figured I'd try it. Of course I love it =/ I use the Medium with my BE Handi Kabuki or regular Kabuki brush. I make sure to use a moisturizer before applying. I like the light coverage, not too dry or cakey and it hasn't turned orangey on me yay! I would swap or buy this again any time. Dear MAC please make more of this and sell it everyday.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/22/2006 7:59:00 PM More reviews by Caprig

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Well, I am SO good. I mean I am good!

I called this one! When I first saw photos of the MSF Avant Gold powder, I was quite sure that it would be similar to the Revlon Skinlights Custom Face powders. Well, I just got mine today and I was SO RIGHT!

I have the MEDIUM shade and it is identical in color to the NATURAL LIGHTS REVLON SKINLIGHTS CUSTOM FACE POWDER palette. The only difference is that Skinlights has a nicer finish in appearance than the Avant Gold does.

I have to say that I have LOVED the Skinlights CUstom face palette in both NATURAL LIGHTS for winter months and GOLDEN LIGHTS for summer months. The finish is exquisite. Avant Gold is close, but not quite as nice, IMO.

Because they are so close, however, I have to say that I would buy Avant Gold only if Skinlights was nowhere to be found anymore. I believe it has been d/c, but I am not sure. (Speaking of Skinlights- I know that Avant Gold is only LE).

Skinlights came with 14.8g for only about $12 if full price and Avant Gold has 10g for about $24 or so. Sheesh, what a difference in price- and you got several colors in Skinlights.

I will update as I use Avant Gold more, and do side by side durability tests, but for now, I greatly prefer the Skinlights palette, but if Avant Gold were the only choice, I would probably use it.

One last note, I found that Medium was a tad too light for me this summer- I use NW25 MAC foundations. Probably in winter it will be about right, however.
continued >>

rated 3 of 5 on 8/15/2006 5:15:00 PM More reviews by jackie0h

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I've gone back and forth about this product, but when I just looked at my face approximately 4 hours after I applied this and realized it looked like I had nothing on, I've had to decide that this is not for me. It offers very little coverage and for me it's pointless. I was hoping it would have a little glow or something, but no.
*edit* I have now found a way to make this work for me. I use it over Revlon Skinlights (the moisturizer, not the foundation) in Bare Light. I'm using the MSF in Medium and I'm an NW20 for reference. That gives me the kind of look I was hoping for with this. I'll keep this review at 3 lippies for now, until I decide if this is really worth it. I really wanted something to give me this effect on its own.