B. Kamins Matte Moisturizer

2.5

on 9/22/2012 11:08:00 PM

Hands down the best moisturizer for oily skin. It moisturizes well and keeps your skin hydrated without making it feel greasy or oily, even after 12 hours of wear. I have oily skin that feels greasy and oily by mid-day but when I used this moisturizer, I don't get that greasy/oily feeling at all. It keeps me feeling like I just washed and moisturized my skin throughout the day and into the night. Plus it has SPF 15!

I've used Ole Hendriksen's Sheer Transformation, Khiels' Ultra Moisturizer with and without SPF 15, Murad's Oil-Control Mattifer, Caudalie's Matte Moisturizing Fluid, and many more but this outperforms all of them! No wonder it got a rave review from Allure.

I do have one negative thing to say about this moisturizer - I think it is misnamed. It's not a "matte" moisturizer as it does impart a slight glow to the skin. This might be the reason for the low reviews as people trying this moisturizer are looking for something that gives a matte finish. But if you are looking for a moisturizer for oily skin, this works!

I find this cream makes my face look younger. It seems to shrink my pores and mattify my skin. Love it very much!

on 9/11/2010 5:06:00 PM

Wow. Yes, a let-down, as per all previous reviews.

If I was still in my oily teens or twenties I would've tossed this. With mid-thirties greasy skin this is just passable. It is not usable as any sort of make-up base, and it certainly does not 'mattify.'

The price and product claims turn this from mere 'so-so sunscreen' into 'ridiculous disappointment.' It reminded me of Coppertone's oil-free SPF 30. I wasn't at all let down by the Coppertone, which was cheap and did not make any claims about being matte. It was too greasy to be useful for anything but high-test SPF to sit out in my yard with, but worked just fine for that. For the $$ and claims of the Kamins I was expecting some mattifying and a nice feel. No luck.

On the plus side: barely any scent.

on 7/21/2010 6:46:00 PM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Other

I bought this product thinking it'd be perfect for my oily skin. It's oil free and claims to mattify, with a SPF 15. However it did just the opposite. Left my skin looking very greasy and took a long time to sink into my skin. Definitely not worth the $56 CAD, would not buy again.

on 11/5/2009 11:12:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I dont' mind this product! I'd probably buy it again, it's expensive though! Feels nice on the skin, hasn't made me break out yet, I have t-zone oily skin and I can say that it hasn't left my skin with a "matte" look yet. But, i've yet to see a moisturizurer that actually CAN do that...

on 3/4/2009 10:47:00 PM

This product clogs my pores and cause small pimples around my nose. This moisturizer has SPF 15 and I find I breakout from moisturizers with sunblock. Also, it is matte a few minutes after I apply it, but my skin is very shiny two hours later. I do not think this product is at all worth the price (around $50). Overall, I'm very disappointed. I've been using it for about 8 weeks and I'll probably use it up, since I hate wasting cosmetics.

on 3/14/2008 1:35:00 AM

I don't think i could ever justify using this based on the price, it isn't that much worthy of the high price tag.

on 8/7/2006 2:26:00 PM

Is this a joke? I've never had a moisturizer that made me break out so much before. I had high hopes for this moisturizer because it's a matte moisturizer with SPF and it's from the B. Kamins Acne line. But honestly this is the worst moisturizer I have ever tried. Not to mention it's insane price!! $58CAD/ $45US!

Popular Moisturizers