April 18, 2014 | 1149 users online

Fragrances - Kenzo - Amour by Kenzo

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/18/2013 8:50:00 AM More reviews by miele2007

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I agree, there is a distinct Play-Do/almond scent at first, and it hangs around for a few minutes. However, it then settles into the most warm and soft vanilla/almond/musk scent. It reminds me of pillowy marshmallows and cozy sweaters. It is like Lea, but, less chocolate almond and more vanilla musk. I only wish that it had more "Oomph" and lasted longer. EDIT - I now have the EDP version in the gold bottle and I far prefer it. Now, it actually lasts for longer than 5 minutes. Yay!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/26/2013 5:40:00 AM More reviews by SUPAtime

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

While the impression of Amour is clearly vanilla, the nuances are much harder to describe. The vanilla and rice steam notes pair up to create a richly edible accord that contrasts with the indigestible floral notes of jasmine and other mysterious, unknown flowers that have a faintly astringent air in the manner of Chinese magnolia. The almondy heliotrope notes create a kind of bridge between the foody and floral and gives the perfume a touch of powder. There is a woody accord that is light and pale but some how gives heft to the already heady vanilla... this would be quite a gourmand if not for the florals. Like Sicily I find it to be something of an appetite suppressant and unsuitable for wearing with stomach aches. Otherwise, this is an enjoyable scent. BTW, the bottle that it comes in is fantastic-- a gorgeous space age looking thing of brightly colored melamine.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/23/2013 5:31:00 PM More reviews by katwalker

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I don't have the best sense of smell, so I have a hard time describing what I can smell - thus, bear with me on this review. Kenzo Amour is not your typical perfume. It doesn't scream, but it will be noticed once others get close to you. It's not like the traditional white floral perfumes or the perfumes that are so popular with young women today that smell too sweet, like Pink Sugar or Viva La Juicy. It smells slightly sweet, slightly spicy, slightly woody - nothing about it is overwhelming. My boyfriend loves how it smells on me because it is so lovely and balanced without taking over the entire room (i.e., once you move away from me, you can smell other things). On the other hand, since it is an EDP, its scent lasts quite long on me.

The bottle is the only flaw, if one would consider it a flaw. It is beautiful, a work of art. However, its shape is such that it makes the perfume not easily portable, and it is not the easiest to get the cap back on (it must be just so or it does not fit correctly).

This would be a signature perfume on me except I love the Kenzo Amour flankers too much to ignore them, too!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/28/2013 8:41:00 AM More reviews by stls

I perceive Kenzo Amour as a gentle gourmand. I can clearly smell lots of vanilla but it's more than that. The rice and heliotrope make it creamier and give a ''zen'' quality, the frangipani and white musk make it more exotic but laid back at the same time. It's longlasting and very easy to like. I wouldn't wear it because it's a friend's signature but still gets thumbs up from me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/26/2013 12:33:00 AM More reviews by emodel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Yes, I would buy this again, I am on my 4th bottle!!! I don`t like to switch parfumes, as I get headaches from 99% of them! Also, sometimes I spray something on my wrist and 1 hr later I hate it, or it literally changes how it smells (cheap quality)... THIS PARFUM is my ultimate favorite!!!!!!!!!! At least 1x a week someone comments how nice I smell! Men and women! It is a very warm fragrance, meaning is deep and sweet. Based on VANILLA (my ultimate favorite smell), and it works with my skin wonderfully. Vanilla, Frangipani flowers (Plumeria!), love it. Also, it is not the cheap quality that changes how it smells. Once you spray this on, AS LONG as you can smell it the tiniest bit, it is 100% the TRUE smell. I was dissapointed that I couldn`t find this at Ulta, but they have it in most parfum stores and Sephora, higher end price, but lasts and stays on your clothes too. The bottle is beautiful. It never gives me a headache, thanks god. It is my Nr 1 parfum now and forever... :-)))
(IF you like similar smells but a LOT heavier, try the original Dior Addict in the dark blue bottle.)

rated 2 of 5 on 5/17/2013 1:35:00 PM More reviews by the_borg_queen

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This was a recommended to me as a less expensive alternative to my HG Hypnotic Poison by Dior. The bottle is quite lovely and modern but the fragrance did not remind me of Hypnotic Poison at all.
I got a lot of heavy soapy musk with some rose and a little vanilla. The musk was so overpowering it gave me a headache. It wasn't smooth and well blended like HP. My boyfriend didn't like this on me. I gave it to my mother, she was thrilled.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/29/2013 10:19:00 AM More reviews by twinkilass

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

At first I really liked this fragrance. Now, I can only smell clean baby diapers/wipes. It's that soft, powdery, sweet baby type scent. It got on my nerves after a while & I had to give it away.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/14/2012 7:59:00 PM More reviews by Zena89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Cool Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

This was recommended by a Sales Assistant when i asked for a longer lasting, heavier scent for the Winter/Autumn. He was 100% spot on with his pick. It is lovely and have received a couple of compliments too.

I'm no good at describing the scents or notes, but it is more of an everyday perfume than an occasion one. It is kind of sweet, but lovely. Worth a try.

Love the packaging & bottle. Very unusual.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/20/2012 9:52:00 AM More reviews by caligirldotcom

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I received a sample of this from Sephora a few years ago. I immediately got the full sized. I think this fragrance reads well during the fall and winter months but might be too overpowering for summer. I find that I get tired of wearing this if I wear it too many days in a row. The plus side is I get lots of compliments on it when I wear it. It is not my favorite but I will finish the rest in the bottle. Will not repurchase when it is finished.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/25/2012 10:26:00 PM More reviews by lulu94

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Oh, this is so good. I absolutely love this warm, cozy scent for fall. It has terrific lasting power and my mom who normally hates all the fragrances I wear yelled from the bathroom the morning after I got it in the mail, in a very urgent tone, "WHAT DID YOU SPRAY THAT SMELLS LIKE HEAVEN.?!" She always asks to borrow it if I'm doing her hair/makeup before she goes out. However, it's not for everyone, including my boyfriend, who hates it :( which is why I won't repurchase... except perhaps the small $25 vial that looks like a rollerball.. because this is just such a comforting fragrance. It is vanilla-ey, but not in a foody or candy way. It's a mature and different warm scent - I get vanilla, sandalwood, an unusual milky rice note and spice, and it just makes me want to make a hot chocolate and relax by a crackling fire.