November 24, 2014 | 1804 users online

Fragrances - Kenzo - Amour by Kenzo EDP

rated 4 of 5 on 10/13/2014 7:06:00 PM More reviews by rk19

Warm, creamy rice pudding with a slight powder note :) Such a familiar and calming scent that stays soft and delicate on my skin - perfect for snuggling close.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/19/2014 6:37:00 AM More reviews by xxicah

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

A very warm, cuddly scent. It's powdery without being overly cloying for me. When I wear this in the humid Taiwan weather, it mixes well with my sweat. I get compliments when I wear this.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/7/2014 6:20:00 PM More reviews by Dimanta

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I do not liek sweet scents but this one is special. I really think it has that unique scent that no other perfume has. I really like this Kenzo scent a lot.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2014 12:02:00 AM More reviews by scarski91

This is my signature scent. I first sniffed this a couple years ago back in '11 or '12, liquid rice pudding came to mind and nothing else. Yet I really liked it. Warm, powdery scrummy gourmand is what I originally thought. It took a good year or two to purchase a bottle. However, when I did purchase a bottle, I found the scent to develop in complexity. This is a close-to-skin lingering scent, rather powdery but possesses a subtle warm smokey undertone. That could possibly be the incense note. There are florals in this scent, they're not the predominant feature. I can detect frangipani, (one of my favourite flowers), which adds a slight sweetness. This isn't a sweet scent as in: BS Fantasy range, Juicy Couture series or Aqualina Pink Sugar/Pink Sugar Aqualina (not sure of the brand & scent name order). Certainly not a bubblegum type of scent, it's far more mature and complex. It is: smokey, powdery, warm, subtly sweet. The bottle itself is a piece of art. Very modern & artist, it's easily in my top 3 of favourite perfume bottles. It's an understated scent that doesn't get enough raves and hype. Then again if so many people wore it I'd go off it, I've developed a taste for understated things. I love this and will certainly repurchase when bottle is used up, also I reach more for this in winter as it has that warmth I crave. Final note: anyone looking for either a) bubblegum very sweet scent b) an 'heavier' scent, look elsewhere you won't find it in this scent. I can't speak about product availability in countries foreign to the UK, but I had a battle on my hand to hunt this down. I have found a lot of carriers don't supply this anymore, apart from Allbeauty.com & Amazon. Allbeauty retail this for about £45-£50 ($77-$85/€56-€62 approx).

rated 5 of 5 on 5/12/2014 4:03:00 PM More reviews by NorthernLight1918

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

A thick and warm scent. I love the rice and tea notes. It's sweet but not too overwhelming and the scent does last long 6+ hours. Noticeable but safe and delicious!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/18/2013 8:50:00 AM More reviews by miele2007

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I agree, there is a distinct Play-Do/almond scent at first, and it hangs around for a few minutes. However, it then settles into the most warm and soft vanilla/almond/musk scent. It reminds me of pillowy marshmallows and cozy sweaters. It is like Lea, but, less chocolate almond and more vanilla musk. I only wish that it had more "Oomph" and lasted longer. EDIT - I now have the EDP version in the gold bottle and I far prefer it. Now, it actually lasts for longer than 5 minutes. Yay!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/26/2013 5:40:00 AM More reviews by SUPAtime

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

While the impression of Amour is clearly vanilla, the nuances are much harder to describe. The vanilla and rice steam notes pair up to create a richly edible accord that contrasts with the indigestible floral notes of jasmine and other mysterious, unknown flowers that have a faintly astringent air in the manner of Chinese magnolia. The almondy heliotrope notes create a kind of bridge between the foody and floral and gives the perfume a touch of powder. There is a woody accord that is light and pale but some how gives heft to the already heady vanilla... this would be quite a gourmand if not for the florals. Like Sicily I find it to be something of an appetite suppressant and unsuitable for wearing with stomach aches. Otherwise, this is an enjoyable scent. BTW, the bottle that it comes in is fantastic-- a gorgeous space age looking thing of brightly colored melamine.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/23/2013 5:31:00 PM More reviews by katwalker

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I don't have the best sense of smell, so I have a hard time describing what I can smell - thus, bear with me on this review. Kenzo Amour is not your typical perfume. It doesn't scream, but it will be noticed once others get close to you. It's not like the traditional white floral perfumes or the perfumes that are so popular with young women today that smell too sweet, like Pink Sugar or Viva La Juicy. It smells slightly sweet, slightly spicy, slightly woody - nothing about it is overwhelming. My boyfriend loves how it smells on me because it is so lovely and balanced without taking over the entire room (i.e., once you move away from me, you can smell other things). On the other hand, since it is an EDP, its scent lasts quite long on me.

The bottle is the only flaw, if one would consider it a flaw. It is beautiful, a work of art. However, its shape is such that it makes the perfume not easily portable, and it is not the easiest to get the cap back on (it must be just so or it does not fit correctly).

This would be a signature perfume on me except I love the Kenzo Amour flankers too much to ignore them, too!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/28/2013 8:41:00 AM More reviews by stls

I perceive Kenzo Amour as a gentle gourmand. I can clearly smell lots of vanilla but it's more than that. The rice and heliotrope make it creamier and give a ''zen'' quality, the frangipani and white musk make it more exotic but laid back at the same time. It's longlasting and very easy to like. I wouldn't wear it because it's a friend's signature but still gets thumbs up from me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/26/2013 12:33:00 AM More reviews by emodel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Yes, I would buy this again, I am on my 4th bottle!!! I don`t like to switch parfumes, as I get headaches from 99% of them! Also, sometimes I spray something on my wrist and 1 hr later I hate it, or it literally changes how it smells (cheap quality)... THIS PARFUM is my ultimate favorite!!!!!!!!!! At least 1x a week someone comments how nice I smell! Men and women! It is a very warm fragrance, meaning is deep and sweet. Based on VANILLA (my ultimate favorite smell), and it works with my skin wonderfully. Vanilla, Frangipani flowers (Plumeria!), love it. Also, it is not the cheap quality that changes how it smells. Once you spray this on, AS LONG as you can smell it the tiniest bit, it is 100% the TRUE smell. I was dissapointed that I couldn`t find this at Ulta, but they have it in most parfum stores and Sephora, higher end price, but lasts and stays on your clothes too. The bottle is beautiful. It never gives me a headache, thanks god. It is my Nr 1 parfum now and forever... :-)))
(IF you like similar smells but a LOT heavier, try the original Dior Addict in the dark blue bottle.)