July 23, 2014 | 2074 users online

Crème - Bobbi Brown - Oil-Free Even Finish Compact Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 4/5/2014 1:48:00 AM More reviews by SeequinB

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm impressed with this product! It blends into the skin so nicely and evenly. The compact is larger than average with lots of product. I swipe my foundation brush once for a light and natural look and twice plus a touch more for full coverage. I don't really need a primer due to the silky texture and finish. I purchased the color Walnut (8) and it matches perfectly!! It set it with Clinique's loose powder in transparency #5. I didn't give 5 stars/lipsticks because of a slight slippery feel, other than that. It's great and would recommend and buy again ☺

rated 4 of 5 on 8/1/2013 1:04:00 PM More reviews by Emmajk1995

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Absolutely love this foundation!
After finishing my bobbi brown foundation stick I was looking for another foundation from the same brand (you really can't beat the quality of BB foundations and the colour matches are always spot on) which was a bit more natural but still helped cover my acne, uneven skin tone and oily complexion. I wasn't keen on my sample of the oil free long wear liquid foundation as it seemed to feel tacky on my skin and didn't sit properly so I gave the compact version a try.
I certainly don't recommend using the sponge included as it simply absorbs most of the product and gives cakey and uneven coverage. I apply this using my beloved Real Techniques expert face brush to buff the product in, this way I get fantastic coverage, streak free while still looking like my skin! I find that it blends easily and evens out my skin tone hugely but with a very natural finish neither too matte or too luminous. While it doesn't keep oil at bay entirely it is certainly better than some other foundations I have tried and with a touch of powder it isn't a major concern.
However I have to agree with some other reviews in that the quantity of product for the price is not the best by any means, one lippie off for that. It only took around a month to hit pan so I reckon this will last around 3 months. This isn't a very long time considering it costs a hefty £32 particularly for someone on a student budget... However, for bad skin days I will continue to use this as I really can't beat the coverage and finish :)

rated 3 of 5 on 7/2/2013 9:34:00 PM More reviews by Chocoholic2486

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I bought this several months ago, when I decided I wanted to try a cream foundation. I applied it using a sponge (not the one that came along with the foundation). The sponge absorbed most of the product. I was a mess the whole day thereafter. The foundation transferred on my shirt, my boyfriend's shirt, everywhere! I felt as if I had just painted by face with soluble paint. I washed my hands off it until recently when I decided to try this again. This time, I used a damp Beauty Blender and dabbed the foundation on my face, bit by bit. Then, I set it with some loose powder. This worked for me. I did not have a problem with the foundation transferring all over. It lasted for about 6 hours and did not feel heavy on my face. I also tried using the foundation with the Sigma kabuki brush. While the coverage was fine, it did not look natural. The foundation does a good job in covering spots unless the spots are very dark. For a non-cakey look, I think applying the foundation bit by bit and not too much of it works. The foundation does not clog my pores but that is probably because I make sure to get rid of it thoroughly and as soon as I possibly can.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/3/2013 4:07:00 PM More reviews by Meech25

HATE IT!

I purchased this product when it just came out.
Like everyone else, i have had the same experience with this foundation.
It applies streaky, you really have to blend it in for a few minutes, if not you will look cakey!
I have tried to apply it with my flat top kabuki brush by sigma, my beauty blender, and even with my fingers, and something about it just does not work.
It applies awfully.
I am disappointed every time i try to use it.
Do not buy!!

rated 1 of 5 on 4/7/2013 1:34:00 PM More reviews by jewelryvixen305

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love BB products. I never try on to match because golden is always dead on but this was a lil bronzy, thick and transferred like crazy. I stippled a very thin layer and you could still tell I had on MU however it does provide great coverage without concealer. I returned it after two uses. I read other reviews and for the price I didn't feel I should hit pan quickly for a product that I don't like much. I'm going to stick to powder foundation for my oily skin.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2013 5:04:00 PM More reviews by judysmath

Streaky even with primer.... I tried it with and without primer and with a BB foundation brush and the sponge applicator and my fingers and it streaked no matter what. It also pooled in my pores and fine lines and crevices. I felt like a greasy mess and it came off on everything. There are way better foundations in the drugstore that beat the pants off this over-priced mess of a foundation. Don't waste your money on this!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/20/2013 6:24:00 PM More reviews by noebar

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I purchased this product, because it is listed as oil-free, but beware as it contains SHEA BUTTER... I can't see how they can label this as oil-free when it clearly isn't. The liquid version also contains lavender OIL even though it's also listed as oil-free. It's going right back to the store. too bad, I was really looking forward to using this product.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/12/2013 9:24:00 PM More reviews by Mellc

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

THe color match is great on me. The product does not dry to a powder finish as promised. It remains dewy on skin and always causes tiny breakouts in my T zone. The finsih looks great but isnt long lasting . this makeup wipes off so easily it is ridiculous ( in a bad way) onto clothing, towels, kleenexs. Ugh. it builds up in my smile creases too. I wanted to like it but it is just not great. I cant wear it for * hour + days bc it breaks me out and wipes off too easily

rated 3 of 5 on 12/10/2012 3:55:00 AM More reviews by soulsucker

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've tried all brands of foundation, and BB has the best color match and very very natural. If you're looking for foundation that is lightweight and buildable, this is for you. It is not long wearing for a club nite out.
It is more for natural beauty girls, who just wear blushers and lipstick or simple eye makeup but not painting their whole face! It's best to use a brush for smooth & heavy coverage otherwise sponge or finger for medium. i use the pressed powder in warm natural. wat a perfect combination.
on budget times, i 'll switch to MAC pressed powder.that's Y i took 1 lippie off. another lippie off, its not long lasting.

Edit: this gonna be discontinued soon! There's a new range of the creme compact..long wear even compact. its long wearing!smaller compact too!
love it!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/23/2012 12:45:00 PM More reviews by harmony888

I hate that you cannot apply this with a stippling brush as it doesn't spread well for some reason unlike with almost ALL other foundations (liquid and foundation stick) BUT it's oil-free and I like that.

I tried using a stippling brush and it was awful! It just settled into my skin and didn't have a smooth finish the way the Bobbi B. foundation stick had..maybe since there's oil in that one.

The HUGE plus for me though, is that after I took pictures all night- I was surprised to see that it looked flawless in pictures, and NO ghostface finally. The MUFE, MAC studiofix, EL doublewear specially- are ghostface foundations for me and I absolutely hate that. Having talc and/or dioxide as a first ingredient will do that.

SO I guess I have to use a foundation brush which I hate but it's worth it. The sponge it comes with eats up all the foundation and it's the worst thing you can use, you're better off using fingers.

But the BB artists are the only ones that do PERFECT colormatching compared to MAC, Lancome, EL and MUFe sales associates. I wonder why. I always had to go return it and color match myself!! I hate that! The BB associates at Nordstrom ARE THE BEST!