August 21, 2014 | 1269 users online

Lip Gloss - Neutrogena - MoistureShine Lip Soother in Shimmer

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2012 9:17:00 PM More reviews by WindowKitten

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love high gloss sexy shine and love volumizing glosses for the tingle and burn. And this is soothing sheer and sweet makes me feel right at home in the summer months!it gives a sexy shine not sticky even though I love all sticky gloss or not the scent peachy smell is awesome!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/25/2010 2:26:00 PM More reviews by mintcandyapple

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I bought this because I liked the tube and I prefer gel glosses. I was also glad to find a gloss with SPF 20. I like the idea of a cooling gloss, too. The color is very sheer peach, which is nice, but I would prefer more color. It does look very glossy on lips, too. The scent is a light peachy smell that I really like (so does my bf!). The problem with this gloss is that when it wears off my lips feel so dry. I wish it left my lips more moisturized.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/11/2008 6:13:00 PM More reviews by Kamee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

The shinny packaging got me to pick it up and examine the ingredients list in the store. After reading the list, it got me to buy it because there were a lot of good natural stuff in it like cucumber extract, caster seed oil, safflower seed oil, menthol, and a few more (text too small to keep reading and typing it out.. but you get the point). I then tried it when I got home and it smells very peachy/apricoty which matches the color that's in the tube. It does have a hit of gold shimmer where it's almost unnoticeable on the lips. The texture on the lips is really nice and smooth (hence the name). It feels almost like MAC's lip glass but slightly thinner. The color is pretty much clear on the lips, but it's pretty in the tube. There is a cooling sensation because of the menthol, but I don't like it in this very much because I'm smelling the peachy smell, but it feels minty on my lips and to me, it doesn't match. I think i would prefer the peachy scent alone or the feeling alone, but not together. I also love the fact that it has spf 20 too and it tastes kind of sweet.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/7/2008 2:37:00 PM More reviews by meadowcroft14

I'm not a big lip gloss/lip stick wearer, so when I do wear things, I want it to look natural. This shade, shimmer, is an almost clear lip gloss (it does have a slight apricot-y color to it, but I have very red lips naturally, so you cannot notice it). It is easily applied with the slanted end of the tube, and has a nice apricot-like smell. Gives an odd cooling sensation to the lips due to the menthol in it-- kinda nice, kinda not. Overall, this has been a nice lip gloss to have, but I hope to buy some nicer lip glosses in the near future.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/28/2007 10:28:00 AM More reviews by babyblue59

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I actually really like this! I wish it had slightly more shimmer (especially since that is the name of the shade!) but oh well. In the tube is a translucent beige/nude/peach color with shimmer so tiny you wouldn't even notice that it was there unless you looked at the shade name ("shimmer") and realized there must be some sort of shimmer in it. AAAAnyway... it goes on basicallt clear and it has a subtle fruity/peachy scent to it that I really like. I don't notice too much of a soothing or cooling effect but it does have a nice gel texture. So if you are looking for a nice little clear simple lip gloss, this is perfect for you.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/24/2007 5:17:00 AM More reviews by marildu

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

I was looking for a lip gloss to put over a matte lipstick I bought and found this. The taste and smell are good, and yup it's peach. The tingle is nice. It feels a little too sticky for my tastes but it does get a little better after it's been on a while. I don't think I'd buy it again just because it's pretty expensive for a gloss and I'm a poor student.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/8/2007 12:58:00 PM More reviews by staygold

Ugh. This stuff is gross. I was in a phase where I really like Neutragena...until I found out that they still test their products on animals. NOT OKAY. Besides that, this gloss is soooo overpriced for what it is. I have this in Shine, and I like the scent ok, but it has sort of an icky taste (really chemically to me) and just isn't spectacular. For almost $7, it should be better. Don't waste your money.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/8/2007 12:24:00 PM More reviews by dbmiller

I always compare this tuff to the MoistureShine Tinted Lip Balm. This has a thicker feeling, and at first it doesn't seem very moisturizing, but this is the best stuff at de-flaking lips. I love that it has SPF 20 and that it tingles slightly. I just wish the color was a little more milky.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/26/2006 8:16:00 PM More reviews by lirontocker

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I have this in "Shimmer", which is a peachy color in the tube, smells like peaches and tastes of (what other than) extremely sweet peaches. The gel itself is slightly shimmery, and that is what shows up on the lips - other than that it is largely translucent. The texture is very light since it's a gel based product, and there is an initial subtle tingle which we all know well from Carmex. It's not as strong as carmex, though, which in my opinion is favorable. This product doesn't feel very moisturising on my lips in the beginning, the sensation is closer to just a thick layer of gel on my lips. About 5 minutes later when the majority of the applied product sinks in, my lips feel nice and moisturised, as if a balm has been applied. I like this product and hope I have enough left for the upcoming winter months (I recieved this in a swap and is not available in Germany), I am bumping off one lippy becuase of the nearly intolerable sweetness it has on the lips, which may overpower and food or drink you're consuming at the time. I hope to be able to get some of the other shades, hopefully they're not as sweet as mine.