December 21, 2014 | 811 users online

rated 4 of 5 on 3/3/2014 11:28:00 PM More reviews by Kissiq

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Purchased in shade Beautiful Bronze

Amazing buildable coverage.
Blends nicely to match complexion.
Skin-like finish.
Doesnt melt off my face.
Some coverage removed after approx. 5 hrs due to blotting.
Doesnt make be excessively oily. I blot 3-4 times in 10 hours.

Dries fairly quickly.
Doesnt worsen my acne
Covers severe hyperpigmentation.

Wish it had a pump.
First on I bought had a strange smell, probably I got a bad batch.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/26/2014 12:35:00 PM More reviews by EboniBrandon

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Grey

Very comfortable to wear. Dries matte. Must be worked with quickly as it sets VERY fast, even faster than Revlon Colorstay. It recommends application with fingers; I'd suggest using a stippling brush or other brush of your choice. I am not a stippling fan but I truly believe you'd get better coverage this way than buffing it in. As the finish is matte you can definitely skip powder or just apply to areas prone to oiliness. The coverage is light to medium but definitely buildable. I own this in Truly Topaz. Lovely match to my skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/6/2013 2:44:00 AM More reviews by Maxxi5

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My color was Simply Sienna, which was discontinued. The color was perfect. I still have a little and it is my fav, so I use it sparingly until I find a replacement. It's not too oily for my combination skin and has the right undertones for my earth tone (gold/warm).

rated 4 of 5 on 1/23/2013 5:18:00 PM More reviews by prettywoman46

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This a very good liquid foundation for the price. I have oily skin and acne marks on my skin. I use 2 layers of the foundation to build this to medium/full coverage. I then use the total coverage spot and scar concealer to obliviate my scars. I top it off using Fashion Fair Oil Control Loose Powder in Sugar (translucent). I cannot use the Black Opal loose powders because they tend to settle in my fine lines. I have use a finely milled powder and Fashion Fair fits the bill to a tee. But the younger ladies will love the BO powders. I use Truly Topaz in both the liquid and concealer. In the photgraph, I used the same concealer in Kalahari Sand as my hi-lighter.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/27/2012 4:46:00 PM More reviews by mwebba1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a wonderful full coverage liquid foundation for my ladies who are all about their budgeting. It sets to a matte finish and helps keep my oil at bay. Hazlenut is a beautiful color on me and I add Revlon's Photo Ready concealer to complete the look. Set with MAC Blot Powder and it lasts throughout the day. I've been on a drugstore quest lately to see if I really need to shell out the big bucks I do for my beauty items and I am excited to report that the drugstore need not be slept on in terms of quality, pigment and coverage. I literally can replace everything in my beauty arsenal with drugstore items for a fraction of the price I've been paying. Black Opal and Revlon are my go-to brands and I'm excited that shades for WOC are readily availabe.

My HG Foundation used to be MAC Studio Fix Fluid in NW45 because I looked flawless and glowy. This had definitely eclipsed that and it lasts longer. MAC seemed to be an oil magnet. Best part is that this only cost me $9! I'm very happy with this.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/25/2012 9:43:00 AM More reviews by MissNyte

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have been using Black Opal liquid foundation in Truly Topaz for over a year. I was using Loreal True Match in Soft Sable before this. The difference is that black opal is lighter and less oily. The color match is pretty accurate as well. Coverage depends on how much you apply but I would say its medium coverage. The only downside as someone mentioned is that it rubs off easily. I understand that you are supposed to set makeup with a powder but if you don't this will rub off easily...even if you tap your face with your nail. The price is great though..about $9 at most drug stores..not bad..especially for those looking to try it for the first time. Give it a try.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/11/2012 6:21:00 PM More reviews by GlamDivaAshlei

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I used this foundation in heavenly honey.. and I absolutely love it, it controls oil pretty good and it feels light to my skin, I ran out and have yet to find it in heavenly honey everywhere I go they are out of heavenly honey.. I do wonna try the foundation stick also.. but now im using REVLON colorstay and ppl always ask me is that mac?? lol i love Revlon colorstay i've seen some bad things said about the product but i absolutely love it.. yess the packaging could be a little better but other than that I adore it... so Black Opal & Revlon Colorstay are my 2 go to foundations when everything else fells... oh and I like revlon photoready.. its pretty ok.. it worked for me but i did get oil..

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/6/2006 3:31:00 PM More reviews by mljohnson123

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I fell in love with BO foundation sticks this summer. But when the summer ended, my summer-time glow went too. I needed a lighter shade of foundation. So I decided to experiment with BO liquid foundations. This is what works on me a DDD(AAB/medium-dark brown with yellow & red undertones): mixture of 'Nutmeg' and 'Hazelnut' liquid foundations, 'Nutmeg' stick foundation as a concealer, and light dusting of Ben Nye 'Neutral Set' translucent powder. The liquid foundations come in great shades/undertones for Women of Color. Smooth application, easy to blend with a good foundation brush. Dries fast and stays put. Easy to find at select CVS & Walmart stores (in ethnically diverse neighborhoods) or online. Cost $8 and worth every penny. I do wish it came in a pump bottle instead. ***** Update 2/17/06 ***** L'Oreal HIP #818 is a perfect match for me. Have fallen in love with it. continued >>

rated 3 of 5 on 10/24/2005 3:39:00 AM More reviews by sybsters

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Although it says it doesn't look yellow or orange, I noticed that with flash my face looked yellowish/orange! I will try the maximum coverage version.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2005 6:55:00 PM More reviews by Pimpette_69

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this!! I'm usually a slave to MAC cosmetics, but after being persuaded by a cosmetician at the drugstore, I said "why not" and decided to give it a try. I'M SO GLAD I DID!! It's the BEST foundation I've ever used. It's specially made for African American skin, and even though I'm not African American, it works great! I have very tanned/bronzey skin (South American background) and looks flawless. The makeup DISAPPEARS into my skin. I've bought it twice already, and I'll buy it again! I really love the compact makeup as well (the foundation to powder one) it works amazing.