April 21, 2014 | 1036 users online

Liquid - Kanebo - KATE Liquid Foundation

rated 1 of 5 on 8/2/2013 6:04:00 AM More reviews by huiwen91

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have very oily skin, and I'm always on the search for mattifying or oil-free foundations and products. I have to blot my face 3 hours after washing. If not, 5 hours into the day, I can end up looking like a grease pit.

I typically do not like powder makeup as I find it looks too unnatural and cakey, especially if you become oily after a few hours. So, lo and behold I've heard of wonderful things of this product and decided to purchase it.

This foundation disappointed me in so many ways:
- Flashes VERY BADLY in photos. I'm not sure why, or maybe I got some of the old stocks or something, but I wore it for CNY and all my photos for CNY were ruined cos of the ghostly white cast all over my face. I've searched for reviews of this product countless times before purchasing, and not one review have I found to have stated that this product flashes so badly. I mean it's only SPF 20; had no idea it was this bad.
- Bits of foundation tend to clog my pores after a few hours of wear, and if I do not blot my face, the foundation that accumulated in and around my pores are very visible and obvious - not cute at all.
- Has a funky smell.

But I'll give you some of the pros:
- Gives a matte finish
- Lightweight, and provides light to medium coverage - natural-looking when first applied
- Great packaging - pump is hygienic and mess-free

I bought an OC-C shade, which matches my NC25 skintone perfectly, until you use flash photography on me... -.- not cute at all.

Overall, I wouldn't purchase this product again. Do let me know if you have the same "flahes in photographs" problem with regards to this product!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/6/2013 7:27:00 AM More reviews by CeeTe3

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

When I first wore it, it was a bit lighter than my original skin tone. During the summer, it was a lot lighter. Yet, it has amazing results, as it covers all my blemishes, gives me a smooth flawless skin/look, and stays on for the whole day. I would recommend this product, but you should put some powder over this liquid foundation for a nicer finish, or to make the color darker to even out your skin tone. The price isn't too expensive, and I would definitely buy it again (I bought OC-D)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/5/2012 10:24:00 AM More reviews by gaak

Can't find a better foundation. Covers everything you want and your skin can breath and you don't look oily after a half day. The best foundation ever, and I've tried a lot in my work as make up seller.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/22/2012 12:31:00 PM More reviews by schixzotic

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I like this product. It's a very good foundation for its price. It's creamy, but not too much so, sits comfortably on your skin and is very reasonably priced. Unfortunately I'm in between the colours available so I'm not able to use this product. But if your skin tone suits the range they offer, I would highly recommend this.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/2/2012 7:57:00 PM More reviews by oxtoox

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

terrible, dun understand why it says 83% will repurchase... covers nothing.and drys skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/26/2011 12:32:00 PM More reviews by filarei

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Review for Kate Lasting High Coverage Liquid Foundation in OC C

I rated this 3 because it isnt full coverage as it claims, it can look obvious on your face and after 4 hours of wear, OMG i saw that the foundation was slowly disappearing off my face, like a layer has magically disappeared (and i was careful not to let anything touch my face).
It is cheap ($20 for 30 ml), has a neutral tone, functional (plastic) packaging that is not prone to breaking and gives you control of the amount dispensed by the pump.
After much research I decided my match is OC C (i am NC25) .. when I applied it on I could tell it is lighter than my skin tone. So i mixed this with my Mac Studio Scullpt in NC30 and customize the shade to however I want to match me. This is a drying foundation, and when added to Studio sculpt which has oil, my foundation achieves a texture that is not fully matte and not dewy either. This way, my foundation lasts longer than 10 hours, has reasonable coverage and shade is easily customized to my liking. I still have to set with powder, but overall i use this foundation to customize shades, not by itself.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/27/2011 11:17:00 AM More reviews by hoadang00

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the first liquid foundation that I use. I have a lot of redness and this foundation covers it perfectly and helps brighten my face. It's too dry for my skin though, I can't use it on its own and have to mix it with a moisturizer otherwise it makes my dry flakes show. I use OC-C and it's a perfect match for my very yellow-toned Asian skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/31/2010 12:51:00 AM More reviews by reverie1989

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Pros:
- lends a matte yet glowy finishing
- evens pores really well, makeup is smooth
-it is super lightweight
-it looks natural
-OC-C is match on for my nc 20-25 skin

Cons:
- coverage is not enough
-Lasting power not that good
- bottle looks cheap ( but portable!)

rated 3 of 5 on 9/2/2010 12:21:00 PM More reviews by neko90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Black

This is a review for the latest Kate foundation, Kate High Coverage Foundation.

In my opinion Kate high coverage foundation's coverage is not very high. I have a lot of red and light brown blotches and dots on my face. I tried out the tester and can still see the blemishes; just lighter and more faint. It also can't cover some tiny flat dark brown/black moles on my face. But overall, when looking at my face from far, there is a visible improvement. It managed to cover pores and blackheads on my nose. Doesn't feel heavy and sticky on the face. The price is an affordable US$25.

As for shades, OC-B is the lightest shade. OC-C is the 2nd lightest, and I think it might suit NC25. I matched myself to OC-D, so it might be suitable for NC 30-35 people. There's one more shade, Brightup colour. Don't buy that shade if you're intending to use it alone; unless you have perfect skin. That shade has no coverage, and is meant to be mixed with the other shades so you can "customise" your own foundation.

I guess I won't buy this foundation as I need one with a much higher coverage.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/26/2010 3:13:00 PM More reviews by starrystarzzz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love how it makes my face become highlighted. High coverage. Color choice is a bit on the white side. Yet lasting power is just average if compared to Kanebo other's foundation.