Got2B Fatten Up Thickening Paste

4.1

on 4/13/2008 5:18:00 AM

I want to like this product, I really do. But it did absolutely nothing for me. Unless, you count making my hair feel sticky and unmaneagable? It felt like I poured syrup all over my hair, and I didn't even use that much. I used this about 4 or 5 times, with the result being exactly the same. Syrup hair! Yuck.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

The first time I used this product I didn't feel like it did that much. I used it today with much better results. What did I do different? I used a big dollop of it! I combined this with my TIGI Moisture Serum and Paul Mitchell Super Skinny Serum. My hair came out fuller and shiny. :) I also didn't seem to lose as much hair while styling with my blowdryer and flat iron. Weird, but good! I think this may be better than TIGI Cocky (cause c'mon, it's obvious the Fatten Up is a knockoff of that product). One thing though - it is almost the consistency of Elmer's Glue (if not a little thicker), so be prepared for that. Would buy again.

on 4/23/2007 3:28:00 PM

I have used this both on damp hair before styling and on dry hair for touch-ups - love the results either way! This is not going to give you crazy, teased-like volume, but will give you a naturally full look. I got tons of compliments on my hair when I used this product... smells great, looks great, definetely will buy again!

on 3/10/2007 2:08:00 PM

I've only been using this for about a week, and I really want to love it, but I find that it makes my hair look and feel very dry. I already have baby fine hair to begin with, so I can't afford to have straw on my head. It does give great volume and it smells nice...but I wouldn't recommend for thin hair. To the swap pile!

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

using this product along with volumizing mousse and a rootlifting spray, it gives me big volumous hair.

on 8/5/2006 6:24:00 PM

I've used kms, Rusk, ICE, Fudge and many others, and like this product most of all. It's a paste that holds very well and stays soft and pliable throughout the day, no crunchiness or grease at all. The amount is quite substantial (175 mL) at a cost of approx. $6 cdn, much cheaper than the aforementioned brands. If you like styling with hair paste this one is definitely worth trying.

I bought this to pump up my shaggy, pixie cut hair which is also fine and pin-straight. The texture is very much like paste, thick creamy and sticky. It smells fresh too. The packaging is nice to look at, an teal stand-up tube with a lime green cap. Unfortunatly, it's so liquidy that it leaks quite a bit. It does actually "fatten up" my hair, it makes it look and feel thicker, more voluminous and bouncier. You can also use it before stlying your hair to help hold the style better and make it plumper. Good stuff:)